Virgin America

Atomica

Has anyone used Virgin America & can provide a comparison? We're thinking of taking them from SEA to LAX later this year because flights out of YVR are so absurdly expensive on Air Canada & Alaska.

We've flown Alaska a couple of times to LA; they're not bad. Virgin looks sort of cool because of the new Airbus aircraft & the interesting interiors. All I really care about though is if they get you there safely & relatively on-time.

I've flown VX a couple of times SEA-LAX or v.v. Quite comfortable, on-time, decent value. Not as many flights as Alaska of course, and no mileage accrual.

Their business class product (they don't call it first class) is very nice and usually very affordable - tons of legroom, good food, excellent in-seat entertainment - way, way better than Alaska's first class product on west coast runs.

In addition, their ground operation at LAX is pretty decent, whereas I find Alaska's LAX operation is a ring of hell, especially security.

Has anyone used Virgin America & can provide a comparison? We're thinking of taking them from SEA to LAX later this year because flights out of YVR are so absurdly expensive on Air Canada & Alaska.

We've flown Alaska a couple of times to LA; they're not bad. Virgin looks sort of cool because of the new Airbus aircraft & the interesting interiors. All I really care about though is if they get you there safely & relatively on-time.

You might want to look into AllegiantAir out of Bellingham nonstop to LAX/OAK or SAN

I've flown VX a couple of times SEA-LAX or v.v. Quite comfortable, on-time, decent value. Not as many flights as Alaska of course, and no mileage accrual.

Virgin America does have a loyalty program, called Elevate. Rather than being mileage based, it's based on your ticket price. 5 points for every dollar spent. Given the benefits I receive flying AS, I haven't tried them, but you shouldn't be tossing away any kind of FF reward. Go to the website and click on tab marked "Elevate" at the top.

Virgin America does have a loyalty program, called Elevate. Rather than being mileage based, it's based on your ticket price. 5 points for every dollar spent. Given the benefits I receive flying AS, I haven't tried them, but you shouldn't be tossing away any kind of FF reward. Go to the website and click on tab marked "Elevate" at the top.
I haven't flown them since they started it. Most of my SoCal travel is to SNA or LGB.

Airlines are increasing or starting service between SoCal and the Pacific Northwest. There's a lot more competition, and some pretty good fares. Be sure to check LCC's like Allegiant, JetBlue, WN, and VX. Also check secondary airports like LGB, SNA, BUR, or even SBA if you're willing to drive.

By the way, Allegiant is starting a hub at LAX, and Air Canada is starting flights to SNA in a few months.

They are a new game in town for Seattle... I don't believe their first non stop flight to LAX is until March. I did book my airfare through Virgin for my Apr 26th cruise. I got RT tickets for $120pp which is steal. A couple of weeks ago I received a call that they were canceling my incoming flight and wanted to reschedule me on a flight with a 4 hour layover at SFO. I called them back and told them this was unacceptable and was re-booked onto an early morning non-stop flight.

They are a new airline im guessing the reason for cancellation is that the plane was not filling up. If you still have questions I can report back after my flight with them at the end of April.

• 1 year later...
You will like VX. My complaint is that it does not (yet) fly to every destination I need to get to.

I agree! I wish it flew everywhere! I recently bought a return ticket (SEA - NYC) that went via LAX and I have to tell you it was the least stressful, the most pleasurable and the best serviced flight I have been on since travelling First Class to Australia many years ago on Qantas. VX has brought the "service" back into flying. The flight crew almost invariably got us in early, the crew were as pleasant as can be - even with a completely full flight) and the ground personnel exemplary! I cannot praise them high enough and will do everything I can to fly them as often as I can. You simply cannot go wrong. Plus they have two classes of economy too... One with even more legroom and one standard. But even the standard was good for me and that was a lot of flying! I also like the touch screen to order everything... So much simpler and made delivery of requested items that much quicker. AND you can check your email from your seat! And how cool is that cabin with all the white seats and the flourescent reds and blues! Too cool! Enjoy!

Archived