Aloha Deck???

Party Teacher

We are on the Aloha deck on the Caribbean Princess for our upcoming cruise. It is totally covered, (which I wanted). I've seen a lot of pics of the Aloha deck and they all look GREAT!!!

I have read no bad reviews about this deck, so don't worry.

We have been on the Aloha deck several times. On the original grad class ships (Grand. Golden, & Star) it is right below the pool deck, but we never had an issue with that. On the modified grand class (Caribbean and Crown forward) you have the Riviera deck above with balconies above. The Riviera, Aloha, and Baja are all covered balconies so no worries about folks looking onto your balcony. Enjoy the Aloha deck!!!!

Love Aloha (and Baja) deck:)... I think there's a lot more discussion re minisuites etc. but that doesn't mean the ships don't sail with a "full deck" so speak on Aloha. [sorry, that was awful wasn't it?:confused:] ... it's so convenient to pool, Horizon Court and has the covered balconies which we much prefer

We are booked on Aloha deck for the March 10 sailing. We picked this floor because of the covered balcony.

My only concern now is reading from others that there is more vibration on this floor because it is way up there--floor 12.

Will write when we return if we would pick Aloha deck again. I think my answer will be yes.

Marilyn

Is there something wrong with the Aloha Deck? No one seems to talk about getting cabins on this deck. We're in A535. Should I be concerned?

PT

We were on Aloha Deck on Star Princess last May to Alaska. Nice cabin, covered balcony.Next month we will be on Aloha again on Island Princess. This time it's an uncovered balcony, something we've never had before, but I'm looking forward to it because now my pictures from the balcony won't have to be edited to take out that little edge of the balcony cover that always seems to get in there. :)

Oh Good! Thanks so much for the positive replies. I feel much better now! LOL

We're on the Island in June.

We had an Aloha deck cabin on the Island Princess for our Alaska cruise and it was great. One advantage was that it started raining when we were in Glacier bay, and the overhang from the deck above completely sheltered us so we were able to enjoy the beauty while the people down on the exposed Dolphin deck had to run for cover !!!

That same overhang had to be avoided when taking pictures but that was not a big problem, especially if we zoomed the camera just the slightest bit.

Our preference is for Aloha or Baja deck cabins on all the ships.

Oh Good! Thanks so much for the positive replies. I feel much

better now! LOL

Swom...can you give us a link so we can see those pics of

the Aloha deck too please?

Thanks!

PT

On which date are you sailing? We are on the Island on 22 June departing Vancouver for Whitter. We have 3 mini-suites on the Dolphin deck. Luckily they have covered balconies. I can't wait to sit out there with a glass of wine and watch the stars

Cheers, Kenn

I am sailing on March 10th (Woo Hoo only a week away) We are on the Aloha deck cabin 506 so I'll let you know about it when we get back. :)

Covered is nice, but do they get sun then or are they always in the shade? :confused:

Oh Good! Thanks so much for the positive replies. I feel much

better now! LOL

Swom...can you give us a link so we can see those pics of

the Aloha deck too please?

Thanks!

PT

Here are a few:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=758682&highlight=aloha+photos

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/showphoto.php?photo=3825

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2977640610063342928ejTMtn

The only downside to Aloha on Coral class is the overhang can block GPS signals. Same is true with Riviera deck on Grand class. Best cabins on the ship are the first few back from the crew area (on Coral the Cruise Director staff live there). You are high enough up to avoid most of the bow splash and have a great view. The cabins near the pool can be a bit noisy when they are cleaning the deck at night. Aloha on Grand class have cabins above, so a great view without the noise.

Balconies are smaller than on other decks (about 3' deep). So if you want a large balcony you may want a lower deck. And the upper decks do move more than lower - think of the ship as a really big hammock....

I don't think people talk about Aloha (and Baja) as much because they are pretty much mostly standard cabins with standard balconies. People like to talk about the mini-suites on Dolphin, or extra large balconies on Caribe.

Of course, we have had one of the aft Aloha balconies on Sapphire and would gladly do that again.

Archived