Gel eyeliner suggestions?

newcruisers2

I've tried the Bobbi Brown and have to say I went back to my trusty pencil. The gel does go on easy, but it is so much harder for me to control and it seems a little too intense in color, I purchased the brown, not the ink color. I purchased her special brush and it just doesn't work real well for me. I really wanted it to work, it wasn't cheap.

The pencil I use is soft, Lancome Le Stylo waterproof. It twists up, I have found the brands you have to sharpen pull on the skin a lot more.

Go to your local makeup counter and really try them out on the back of your hand before purchase!

I have the hardest time using eyeliner, but I do like Avon. I buy the eyeliner and shadow combo (one end is eyeliner, the other shadow) but I'm sure you can just get the liner...it is liquid...I've tried the Avon shimmersticks (I think this is what they're called) and sent it back, because pencils are just not good for me...oh, and Avon is pretty inexpensive, so it's worth a try.

I love Clinique Water Resistant Cake Eyeliner. I've used it for years and years. They discontinued it last year, and there were so many complaints that they brought it back so I'm not the only one who loves it. You can control how dark or muted you want it, and I like that I can clean the brush with soap and water each time I use it because I have very sensitive skins. I used it when I had young skin, and now that I'm a senior it's great on older skin too.

MAC Fluid Line: http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT151&PRODUCT_ID=898

Ultra-smooth, Fluidline’s gel formula provides the precision of a liquid liner with a silkier, softer finish. Goes on “foolproof” with a brush in an easy dip-and-stroke action. Long-wearing. Smudge-proof. Lines up in a rich array of colours and finishes. Brush sold separately.

Here's another vote for the Lancome Le Stylo waterproof. It has great colours, lasts all day, and is very easy to put on in a subtle way. I find other ones I have tried a bit too harsh and they go on too strongly.

I used to use Smashbox Smudgepots alllll the time (the only reason I switched was BC I wanted to use a specific color only available through MAC). The liner goes on easy & lasts all day. It does take some time getting used to putting eyeliner on with a brush though. So if it's not as easy as you think the first couple tries, don't give up. Just stock up on those qtips that have an angle- they can be very helpful.

Another alternative to pencil is using a dark eyeshadow and applying with a eyeliner brush. Currently, I use MAC's "Shadowy Lady" eyeshadow and apply it with a brush.

I'm a big fan of any liner that isn't applied as a pencil or pen. I don't like the way it feels when you apply it. Using a brush seems much gentler on my lids. Happy Shopping! :)

I've used the Mac gel liner and really liked it, but it was pricey for me. I now use Jane Be Pure mineral Gel eyeliner. I bought it on sale at a local drug store buy one, get one. Love it. It's very soft and smooth and stays on until you take it off.

BPMGelEyelinerNavy.jpg

Mac is not hypo allergenic...but it is made by the same company who does Clinique. Mac is really good about returns if you have a problem. I had to return a shadow that I had a reaction to. The other thing i returned was Blitz and Glitz fluidline (black with subtle shimmer). I have 3 other fluidline colors that are fine...but the blitz n glitz gave me a reaction. I attribute it to the glittery shimmery particles in it. Even trying it on the back of my hand left a nice red line.

Archived