What does a 13 year old girl want to do/see?

gatorclaw

I'm traveling with my 13 year old daughter in April on the Valor. I have to admit- I have been selfish and only traveled w/ girlfriends and buddys before... so I'm finally taking my daughter and I can't wait!

Give some some ideas of she'll want to see/do on the ship. Yea... mini-golf, hairy chest contest, Circle C. Any other activities that have I never paid attention to in my adult thinking alcohol daze cruising past?

Sometimes there is an American Idol-like contest in the evening. She might like that.

On my last cruise they were very adamant that the idol competition was for cruisers over 18 only. No minors allowed to participate.

I'm curious too, as my dd will be 12 on our next cruise. I'd never have thought of the hairy chest contest--thanks for the tip!

On past cruises, she has loved the scavenger hunt and afternoon tea (though that was mostly because it was something she did with her daddy).

I'm traveling with my 13 year old daughter in April on the Valor. I have to admit- I have been selfish and only traveled w/ girlfriends and buddys before... so I'm finally taking my daughter and I can't wait!

Give some some ideas of she'll want to see/do on the ship. Yea... mini-golf, hairy chest contest, Circle C. Any other activities that have I never paid attention to in my adult thinking alcohol daze cruising past?

Did you think of asking her ??

What she doesn't want to see is the old men in speedo's lol

I would start with asking her what she would like to do!! I will say that we started cruising with my DN when she was 12 and she really enjoyed the pool, dressing up for dinners and the formal nights especially. She loved the shows and the game room. She did not want anything to do with camp carnival, but all kids are different with that. But I would let her go over the capers everyday and let her see what her options are and go from there!:p

hey!! Thought of you last night. Went to a place that has 60 beers on tap. I thought you'd probably enjoy something like that. ;)

Oh you know I would! Did you have anything interesting?

On topic, the OP should get some capers for her cruise and start planting the seeds as to what DD's options will be.

She may like a spa treatment. My dd is all about the spa. Formal night will probably be on a sea day and they would have spa specials. Perhaps she could get her hair done and could have pictures made around the ship with the photographers before dinner. A father/daughter picture for mom's birthday perhaps. ;)

She may like a spa treatment. My dd is all about the spa. Formal night will probably be on a sea day and they would have spa specials. Perhaps she could get her hair done and could have pictures made around the ship with the photographers before dinner. A father/daughter picture for mom's birthday perhaps. ;)

Thanks. This is the kind of thing I'm looking for. Any other specific ideas?

Thanks. This is the kind of thing I'm looking for. Any other specific ideas?

I have been thinking a little more about this..

Captain's cocktail party...dancing on stage with dad

Karaoke

Bingo (although you would have to claim her winnings)

Afternoon tea

board or card games in the library (we did this with our kids and they loved it)

Late night movie in the cabin with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches from room service

Disposable camera for crazy ship pictures with the two of you. Include a scrapbook kit for her to create special memories.

Country Crawl...combination between a bar crawl and a scavenger hunt..she has to find crew name tags of the countries and take a picture with the employee

Corn hole toss (bean bag toss)

line dance lessons

trivia (she will know all the theme songs and pop culture stuff and may get a ship on a stick!)

My DD and DS have been cruising for a while now. We bring walkie-talkies so she can find friends her own age and hang out, but I can still find her for events. They have a lot for teens to do - pizza party, scavenger hunts, teen-only time at the disco. In the evening, she can hang with you for dinner and shows. My kids like to spend time with the 'rents, but they also like to be with their own kind.

I know boys are a bit different than girls but I think the Circle C activities are a lot of fun for ages 12-14. My son age 12 loves it. They have stuff planned most of the day and evening. But, be sure you have early dinner because kids activities start back between 8 and 8:30 and she will miss Disco or something fun if you have late dinner. You wont' find that info anywhere!

On the excursions, let her pick if you want. She can go thru and maybe limit her to a choice of 3 or you maybe stuck 4 wheeling on a beach somewhere or something you don't want to do.

if she's never cruised before, how would she know?

Well, there is loads of info on these boards about ship activities... or

.. the OP should get some capers for her cruise and start planting the seeds as to what DD's options will be.

If it were my child, that's where I would start... line up some possibilities.

Archived