Do you have to pay for excursions at the same time you pay for your cruise?

Hellolost

Or do you have more time to pay for them?

You can pay for them anytime after you book the cruise. However, it is a good idea to book excursions early. Sometimes if you wait too long, there might not be available slots on the excursions you want most. :)

Ok good! I guess I will book them now for our cruise in July. We have to have that paid off by May and I started to panic a little thinking of getting the extra money for excursions by then. I can get it by July no problem but May :eek:

Depends on the Cruise Line --

On RCL your CC is charged at the time that you book the excursions.

However, on Princess, your excursions are charged to your Ship Board Account when you board the ship.

It varies from line to line. For example, RCI charges you immediately, whereas Princess (which it looks like you'll be sailing on) does not charge you until you get onboard. I really like this way of doing things, even if it does amount to a bigger credit card bill when you return home ;) You'll have more time to decide and the luxury of canceling if you find something better with no penalty. However, if you find something you like, reserve early to save your spot.

Depends on the Cruise Line --

On RCL your CC is charged at the time that you book the excursions.

However, on Princess, your excursions are charged to your Ship Board Account when you board the ship.

Anyone know what it is on Carnival? TIA.

You don't have to book the excursion when you book the cruise. You can wait to book until your board, at which point, your shipboard account/credit card will be charged. Or, you can book anytime in advance of the cruise, but you'll be billed then and there.

Your credit card will immediately have the charges for the excursions on it. Just an FYI.

This depends entirely on what cruise line you are booked with. On NCL you can book excursions online or onboard but they are charged to your on board account and paid at the end like everything else.

Or, you can book anytime in advance of the cruise, but you'll be billed then and there.

Depends on the cruise line...not all charge you "then and there"...some charge you once you get onboard, even if you book in advance.

Or you can do a non-cruise excursion and just pay in cash once you get to the port and meet your tour operator. Visit the ports of call board to find out what others are doing at the ports you are going to.

Archived