Feb...southern Carib...velvet?

ocean lover

Lois, I have to chuckle at that. My daughter is so hard to place when I look for her after school. She is among a sea of girls all wearing jeans, hoodies and sneakers. My son, on the other hand, wears nothing but Hawaiian shirts to high school, because nobody else does.

It would be boring if we all looked the same.

Kathy.....I remember as a kid....BEFORE they let us wear jeans........:eek: ....I went to a regular public school........by the time we got in High School they finally allowed it.........One of the guys in my office and I graduated in the same class.......1976...Bicentennial......after the "Viet Nam" classes.......but we must have followed the trend......the guy I work with had hair down to his shoulders.....he is now a husband and dad to a lovely girl who is about 12....sometimes I feel like...."Where have the Years gone"?

hi:) ..we had good weather and the ports were great too......Dominica was put on last minute.....what a beautiful Island........lots of green and mountains.

I understand everyone is different and we all wear different clothing....and we probably dress differently from one another at home as well........and I say it is probably a good thing....because if we all dressed the same life could get quite boring!

Did you do the rain forrest tour and see the Emerald pool? That was really beautiful and we loved hearing about their nationial dish "Mountain chicken" which is frog legs. It did make me sad though that the people were really poor. I bought way too much from their little side stands like fruit I did not want etc. they seemed so desperate for us to buy ANYTHING. They seemed to be a really proud people too. I did not see any beggers anywhere but they sure wanted to sell you something everywhere. But I admired them for that-they did not expect handouts.

ineedacruise,

>>>>>>>>My vote is not NO. I would not wear velvet in Aruba but that is just me. I have no problem with someone else wearing it.<<<<<<<

Gotcha! We both vote for no velvet.

I agree with you in that I can't say I'd "have a problem" with someone wearing velvet in the tropics.......heck, their outfit won't ruin my cruise.<g>

JAne

ineedacruise,

>>>>>>>>My vote is not NO. I would not wear velvet in Aruba but that is just me. I have no problem with someone else wearing it.<<<<<<<

Gotcha! We both vote for no velvet.

I agree with you in that I can't say I'd "have a problem" with someone wearing velvet in the tropics.......heck, their outfit won't ruin my cruise.<g>

JAne

Yes Jane we who have read this whole thread understand very well you will never wear velvet in the caribbean.

momomeg,

My post was not to reiterate my POV about wearing velvet in the carribbean but rather to clarify what point ineedacruise was making because she wasn't clear. She said.....

>>>>>>>>I say its fine because I just bought a velvet dress for our November cruise. I will be wearing it the first formal night when we will not be in the hottest of temps yet since we leave from NYC and the air conditioning will most likely still be cranked.<<<<<<<<

So you see, those are two contradictory points and I was trying to make sure I understood her correctly.

>>>>>>>>Yes Jane we who have read this whole thread understand very well you will never wear velvet in the caribbean.<<<<<<

Hey, could you turn the sarcasm up just a notch please? Some may have missed it.

I will be wearing a strapless black velvet gown that is also backless on our upcoming cruise in Feb. We are going to the Eastern Carribean. I think it is fine. I didn't already have this dress, I bought it for the cruise on sale. It is a very elegant dress that I got a great deal on.

Hi Taylormade What cruise are you taking in Feb? We are going on the Horizon Feb. 21 Eastern Carribean. I was wondering if you were taking the same cruise. I think one should wear whatever they like...appropriate for whatever night ie..formal or casual. On our other cruise some wore velvet others cotton or silk others like myself even wore long velour black skirts. Anna

One of my evening gowns is a little snug (I will have to take care of that when I get home, LOL). We will be cruising on the Caribbean Princess on February 5, 2005. So, instead of the gown I will be wearing a straight, black velvet skirt with chiffon goring in the back, with it I am wearing a black, off the shoulder top with rhinestones scattered on it.

Archived