Half Moon Cay, a picture is worth a thousand words...

sfagent

I took the girls from my office on a cruise as part of an incentive for hitting a certain goal and while I've done 18 cruises this image is one of my top five. If I hadn't taken the photo myself I would have thought it had been manipulated. If you're going, you'll love it.

100_3130.jpg.63d717b0a477dffc08eb65972448dbf1.jpg

We had two of the cabanas rented for eight of us. I got to the Shore Excursion desk (on the 5 day Carnival Destiny run) around 5:30 on the first day and they had six cabanas left. Ironically there were three people that had tried to rent the private oasis (the larger cabana at the end of the beach)

kitty did you have any problem renting a cabana? how early did you have to get to the excursion desk? thanks

Hi Nunu....we did not have any problem. We got to the desk at 11:30 and were the second ones in line. Desk opened at noon. We were able to choose the cabana we wanted and we loved having it. :)

We had two of the cabanas rented for eight of us. I got to the Shore Excursion desk (on the 5 day Carnival Destiny run) around 5:30 on the first day and they had six cabanas left. Ironically there were three people that had tried to rent the private oasis (the larger cabana at the end of the beach)

Hi Nunu....we did not have any problem. We got to the desk at 11:30 and were the second ones in line. Desk opened at noon. We were able to choose the cabana we wanted and we loved having it. :)

Thanks, we're going in mid August so I would imagine with the heat that they will go quickly. I'll camp out at the desk as soon as we board.

I took the girls from my office on a cruise as part of an incentive for hitting a certain goal and while I've done 18 cruises this image is one of my top five. If I hadn't taken the photo myself I would have thought it had been manipulated. If you're going, you'll love it.

too bad it's so small. I'd love to see it full screen size.

Which cabana did you rent? It looks wonderful.

We rented the very last Cabana in the row...the far end away from the dock...it was listed at "Violet" and was #15. Next door was the "Red" cabanan, #14. It was quieter down this end of the beach...a lot less crowded. They have a tram that drives you down and picks you up.

Yikes! We're hoping to rent the private oasis on our May cruise. I hope we don't have this same situation. It stinks that you can't book these in advance like on HAL. But oh well, we'll have to get there early, get in line and hope for the best!!

Looks amazing - Can't wait!

I just wanted to clarify--was there a hammock and shade by the violet cabana. Was it a long walk to the food area. DH likes privacy but I don't want it to be too inconvenient.

Thanks

Marcia

I just wanted to clarify--was there a hammock and shade by the violet cabana. Was it a long walk to the food area. DH likes privacy but I don't want it to be too inconvenient.

Thanks

Marcia

Hi Marcia...there was no hammock by our cabana. There were some, but they were down a ways....started around #12 I think. It was not a long walk to the food area. Very doable, but further away than some of the cabanas. If you want to be closer to food and bathrooms, I'd go with #12 or #11.

Archived