Anti-Nausea Pill?

Dodger Blue

I seem to remember reading somewhere that there is a pill (a lozenge) that one can take should they come down with sea-sickness. I'm not talking about Dramamine or any pre-sickness pill, but one that you take after that helps relieve the nausea. Does anyone out there recall the name of this pill? Thanks much.

i know that the meclazine (bonine) kinda works that way, we always take it with us in case, one time while going around a hurricane i started feeling woozy, i took one and i was fine,

thats the best med i have found for sea sickness,

alot of people also recommend ginger pills

I'm not talking about Dramamine or any pre-sickness pill, but one that you take after that helps relieve the nausea. Does anyone out there recall the name of this pill? Thanks much.

Zofran would be good for that purpose. It is given to chemo patients to relieve nausea. My doctor wrote me an Rx for a few in case (in his words) we ran into any Poseidon Adventure type waves in the Pacific.

I would not wait until you get seasick. It has been a long time since I was seasick and maybe it is because if I think there is even the hint of potentially going there I take a bonine and some ginger. No side effects and no seasick problem.

You can get bonine free at the front desk if you don't bring it.

Gary

Besides Bonine those ginger capsules really work. You can get the ginger capsules at many drug stores or health stores.

Or you can go through the Yum Yum Man's line two or three times and load up on the ginger candies. Not sure which is worse; addiction to cruising or those wonderful ginger candies!!!!!!!

You can get bonine free at the front desk if you don't bring it.
Or if there's a line there, go to the infirmary and you can take a few packets out of a big bin. BTW there's also bins there full of aspirin, acetaminophen, and band-aids free for the taking.

Zofran would be good for that purpose. It is given to chemo patients to relieve nausea. My doctor wrote me an Rx for a few in case (in his words) we ran into any Poseidon Adventure type waves in the Pacific.

Expensive stuff. DW used it for Morning Sickness when she was pregnant.

There's a generic for zofran now so it's not that expensive anymore. scopalamine(it's a capsule with the same medication that comes in the patches). Most of the meds can make you drowsy, that's why the patches are good because they don't cause as much drowsiness. The cheapest is meclizine available behind the pharmacy counter for about $5.00 for 100 tablets. Most the others you need a prescription for.

one that you take after that helps relieve the nausea. Does anyone out there recall the name of this pill? Thanks much.

We have one in Australia ..script only..called stemetil and stemezine.

it's to take after you feel ill....I always take them overseas, good for food poisoning too.

We were given ginger tablets when we were boating/snorkeling on the great barrier reef. They work really well. Any health food store should have them, I buy a brand called 'Ginger Trips.'

Although, I wouldn't wait too long to take anything if you think seasickness is setting in. Once it takes hold, it's hard to shake. Some people take Bonine at bedtime as a precautionary measure.

There's a generic for zofran now so it's not that expensive anymore. scopalamine(it's a capsule with the same medication that comes in the patches). Most of the meds can make you drowsy, that's why the patches are good because they don't cause as much drowsiness. The cheapest is meclizine available behind the pharmacy counter for about $5.00 for 100 tablets. Most the others you need a prescription for.

Massachusetts requires Rx for meclizine. Bonine and dramamine can be bought over the counter.

Archived