RSVP Alaska AUG 09

mikec5426

would be great....Last year I had Steve dressed as Fred Flintstone and his chair was the Flintstone car..

Mom thought Dorothy might be a little overdone on a gay cruise. I like to stand out, lol. I do already have the costume though. Decisions, decisions. My dad thought a mermaid might be good for me since I'm not going to mess it up by walking, and it's not like my legs can move alot, lol.

That is so creative. I have always meant to incorporate my chair into the costume, but I get lazy and throw on my Dorothy or Hermoine costume,(Harry Potter's gal pal.) and call it a Halloween. The Flinstones were really the only cartoon I liked as a kid. (well, and the Smurfs. Kind of psychodelic.) Hope you had a yabba dabba dooooooo time with that:)

Greetings,

We too are very glad that someone else asked this question. We both Googled 'purple plaid' figuring it was some kind of gay term that we didnt know.

We figured out what all the other parties were by their name; still need purple plaid help!

Thanks

Greetings,

We too are very glad that someone else asked this question. We both Googled 'purple plaid' figuring it was some kind of gay term that we didnt know.

We figured out what all the other parties were by their name; still need purple plaid help!

Thanks

They tend to make the themes 'local. We had a “No Minors” T dance and a Lumber Jock T dance in Alaska in 2007. For this I think you won't be far off with something purple flannelish.

"no minors", yes!! I love my young sis and bro, but will have a few weeks of family vacation with them, (plus my sis is in a whiny phase) so some over 21 humor, fun will be in order.

For tthose going though, at some point I'll miss the two little monsters, so you may have to humor me by looking at pics.:)

"no minors", yes!! I love my young sis and bro, but will have a few weeks of family vacation with them, (plus my sis is in a whiny phase) so some over 21 humor, fun will be in order.

For tthose going though, at some point I'll miss the two little monsters, so you may have to humor me by looking at pics.:)

We will only suffer through your pics of your siblings if you suffer through pics of our pets :>)

I bet the party he was talking about had actually been called the "No Miners" party..., in keeping with the play on words.

We will only suffer through your pics of your siblings if you suffer through pics of our pets :>)

I bet the party he was talking about had actually been called the "No Miners" party..., in keeping with the play on words.

Well, since you have to be over 21 to go on a RSVP cruise, it was a play on words. ;)

I haven't checked this board since I started!!! OOOPS! :)

OK--- what is a "purple plaid" party?!? :-) Longjohns sounds like fun! hehe

Jaime- Me, Gary and best friend Sam will be at the M&G! Thank you for organizing!! :)

Are there wristbands on the cruise to ssignify orientation and relationship status. The friend I'm going with said there are .

I have never heard of that on 3 RSVP cruises!

Maybe your friend is thinking of the Atlantis Dog Tag T dances where you can mark the dog tag with a red, yellow or green dot (Not Available/Buy me a drink and lets talk/Available).

I have never heard of that on 3 RSVP cruises!

Maybe your friend is thinking of the Atlantis Dog Tag T dances where you can mark the dog tag with a red, yellow or green dot (Not Available/Buy me a drink and lets talk/Available).

LOL. Thanks. Seems like the hankerchief codes I have heard abot from the 60's and 70's. I assume people can make their preferences known by you know, telling other people of such preferences, lol.

LOL. Thanks. Seems like the hankerchief codes I have heard abot from the 60's and 70's. I assume people can make their preferences known by you know, telling other people of such preferences, lol.

The dog tag dots are more for fun than anything else (and its just for that one T dance); it is not unusual for someone to have a tag with one of each colored dots on it, meaning....?

I was on the Caribbean cruise with the big Seattle contingent. I am going on this cruise as well. Hello, no airfare, no hotels and Alaska is scenic and beautiful. I will suggest that you may want to do more activities than in the Caribbean as most of the towns we are going to are pretty small.

Oh and you can see Russia from there.

Sassy,

For a straight person I swear you are more gay than I am :) First, you marched in the SF Pride Parade this past weekend and you know all about some obscure hankerchief codes from 40 years ago. I had to look it up after your post to see what you were talking about. ;)

Russ

Hi,

I'm sorry I need to bother this board with a fashion question:

According to RSVP there will be one „Formal Night“ on the cruise, so I am wondering what that means. So far, I have been on cruises in in Europe only where it was fine to wear a dark lounge suit with tie on such occasions, but I heard that on American „formal“ rules are stricter and you are, in fact, expected to wear a smoking:eek:!. I don't have one and if that is true I'd rather skip that formal night and leave my suit at home. I will be severely restricted in baggage anyway since I will only be allowed to take 2 suitcases with a max. weight of 23 kgs each with me on the flights. Thanks for any good advice!

Formal night attire is usually a tuxedo or dinner jacket (sometimes called a smoking jacket in other parts of the world). However, some will be wearing dark suits, and a few even sport jackets. Bring what you can, show up to dinner on formal night, and have fun. You will not be turned away from the dining room.

Hi,

I'm sorry I need to bother this board with a fashion question:

According to RSVP there will be one „Formal Night“ on the cruise, so I am wondering what that means. So far, I have been on cruises in in Europe only where it was fine to wear a dark lounge suit with tie on such occasions, but I heard that on American „formal“ rules are stricter and you are, in fact, expected to wear a smoking:eek:!. I don't have one and if that is true I'd rather skip that formal night and leave my suit at home. I will be severely restricted in baggage anyway since I will only be allowed to take 2 suitcases with a max. weight of 23 kgs each with me on the flights. Thanks for any good advice!

RSVP formal nights are not as strict as regular cruises and most people try at least to dress nicely even if it is in jeans with some other fancy flair such as cool shirt and/or jacket. I love wearing my tux and I don't want to discourage others wearing it, but it is pretty much a free-for-all on RSVP. But still, it is nice seeing a bunch of good looking men (and women) dressed to the nines.

Archived