RSVP Alaska AUG 09

mikec5426

Sassy,

For a straight person I swear you are more gay than I am :) First, you marched in the SF Pride Parade this past weekend and you know all about some obscure hankerchief codes from 40 years ago. I had to look it up after your post to see what you were talking about. ;)

Russ

Oh, I saw a short documentary on the history of the gay rights movement Sunday, and they mentioned the hankerchief thing. My friend who I'm going with has said I'm more gay then him too, though, lol. In SF, there are a lot of straights in the pride parade.

RSVP formal nights are not as strict as regular cruises and most people try at least to dress nicely even if it is in jeans with some other fancy flair such as cool shirt and/or jacket. I love wearing my tux and I don't want to discourage others wearing it, but it is pretty much a free-for-all on RSVP. But still, it is nice seeing a bunch of good looking men (and women) dressed to the nines.

I like to dress up too(and guys in tuxes), but will understand if they don't think it is worth it.

I like to dress up too(and guys in tuxes), but will understand if they don't think it is worth it.

What I was also trying to say is that formal nights are pretty open to interpretation.:)

RSVP's Welcome Letter on our Caribbean cruise stated about formal night attire:

Tuxedo or suit and tie are suggested for this evening, but not required.

There were many tuxes and suits and other more casual wear. It is basically 'dress nicely as you wish'. ;)

What I was also trying to say is that formal nights are pretty open to interpretation.:)

RSVP's Welcome Letter on our Caribbean cruise stated about formal night attire:

Tuxedo or suit and tie are suggested for this evening, but not required.

There were many tuxes and suits and other more casual wear. It is basically 'dress nicely as you wish'. ;)

I'm a girly girl, what can i say:) (Or as I say "I put the femme in feminism.:) Sounds good though.

I have never heard of that on 3 RSVP cruises!

Maybe your friend is thinking of the Atlantis Dog Tag T dances where you can mark the dog tag with a red, yellow or green dot (Not Available/Buy me a drink and lets talk/Available).

WELLLLLLLLL . . . .

I guess even Self Appointed Leaders can't always be perfect. :(

I have a collection of Wrist Bands from our previous cruises.

This way I can wear more than one (and in more places than just the wrist :eek: ) at a time.

Most assuredly you have seen me wearing a green one at the Lime-A-Licious Party. :rolleyes:

Ever your servant, ;)

r.

PS: I think they give them out at the Singles M&G

WELLLLLLLLL . . . .

I guess even Self Appointed Leaders can't always be perfect. :(

I have a collection of Wrist Bands from our previous cruises.

This way I can wear more than one (and in more places than just the wrist :eek: ) at a time.

Most assuredly you have seen me wearing a green one at the Lime-A-Licious Party. :rolleyes:

Ever your servant, ;)

r.

PS: I think they give them out at the Singles M&G

With all you were wearing at the Lime Green T Dance I did not notice what was around your wrist, dear!

You will not be turned away from the dining room.

I understand that it's OK to wear a lounge suit as long as you wear one of those infamous wristbands...;). Thanks for your replies.

hey..this lady can help, she took our reservation for accessible wildlife tour early since the more notice the better.

The lumberjack show sounds like fun...although here in Houston we can go out on lesbian karaoke night to see something like it :)

Amy Shepherd

Manager, Group Shore Excursions

Holland America Line

E-mail: ashepherd@hollandamerica.com

Phone: 888-253-4780 extn 3572

Direct: 206-281-0572

Fax: 206-281-5192

hey..this lady can help, she took our reservation for accessible wildlife tour early since the more notice the better.

The lumberjack show sounds like fun...although here in Houston we can go out on lesbian karaoke night to see something like it :)

Amy Shepherd

Holland America Line

She already took your reservation for this RSVP Alaska cruise early??

She already took your reservation for this RSVP Alaska cruise early??

Yes, the reason is that the wildlife watch tour boat is accessible, but fills up quickly. Most of the spots Steve would be able to see from will be filled by other reservations if waiting for a group cruise such as RSVP to provide booking numbers on the last month. The guy from Allen Marine suggested I contact HAL and tell them it was important that we be able to book before one month away from the trip. He said if we wait for a booking number that late in the game, we would not have a good chance for booking the tour. Apparently, if you book a regular cruise several months in advance you get your booking numbers a lot sooner if not immediately and can plan shore excursions accordingly.

Amy Shepherd

Holland America Line

Thanks Rbyrd!! In mourning about Sarah Palin. Hoping to see Russia from our ship though.:)

Seven weeks from today, we will be boarding Westerdam for our Alaskan adventure. I'm starting to get excited! I look forward to meeting all of you.

I'm totally excited. I think it will really sink in after my family trip in two weeks. After that, nothing major going on until the cruise. It will also semi be m birtday cruise, since my birthday is the day after we get back.

Very cool. Virgos rule!

we will have to celebrate yours and Hobie's birthday somehow on the ship.

Thankfully, mine is not until December when I will be celebrating my 29th birthday for like to 15th year in a row :>)

Russ

we will have to celebrate yours and Hobie's birthday somehow on the ship.

Thankfully, mine is not until December when I will be celebrating my 29th birthday for like to 15th year in a row :>)

Russ

LOL. Sounds cool. I will be 29 for the 7th time, lol.

Hey all -

This will be my first cruise (yay!). Let's hope all that getting sea sick as a kid is out of my system.

I have a question on cabins for you all... Currently my BF and I are booked in category VE. My concern is now that I'm looking at some pictures of the ship, it looks like these rooms are right above the life boats, so if you look down, rather than out, you won't see anything except the life boat. Anyone here ever stayed in one of these rooms on this ship or another HAL Vista class? Anyone have any thoughts? Should I just not worry about it? One of the main reasons I picked this category is that it provided me with a cabin in the center of the boat (which, from what I am led to believe, will hopefully reduce rocking, etc.).

Thanks, folks, and I look forward to meeting you all in a few weeks.

Eric

Archived