Need to lose before I cruise... any buddies??

CarissaH330

I'm here for you.... that's why we are all here...giving and receiving encouragement. Our individual goals may be different but the same motivation takes us all on this journey.

Warning: Off topic subject coming up! My middle son got engaged tonight!!! I'm finally going to be a mother-in-law. (Hopefully a non-meddling one!) I love my son's fiance and am so thrilled for them.

Ok, back on topic. I challenged myself on the treadmill today and thought that I could tackle a 12 mile run. Wrong! I got to 10 miles and my right knee started to ache. (My average run is only 4-6 miles, depending on my mood.) The good news was that I was in a calorie deficit most of the day since I had burned so many calories from running. The bad news is that I was a bit achy and wiped out the rest of the afternoon.

Not to worry though, I recovered enough to make dinner and bake a cheesecake (with Splenda) and no graham cracker crust. Miraculously, it is still in the fridge. I haven't ripped into it yet. When I do, all bets are off on how many calories I will consume!! :D

Signing off for the night and wishing you all sweet dreams,

Brenda

You lucky dog...getting to join the ranks of soon to be mother-in-law. My sons are not ready for me to pick them out wifes yetr so I quess I'll have to wait.:(

STEP AWAY FROM THE CHEESECAKE:eek: feed it to the dog.:rolleyes:

Well I weigh in at 224 lbs this morning 1 lb lost from last week.

I can't be to unhappy about it though because I usually gain when they put me back on the steriods. I also drank so much water yesterday that I am floating today.

What is scaring me is starting Friday for one week in Las Vegas and the fact we get a free buffet every night.:eek:

As usual I will post later when all weights are in.:)

Hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day and please take time out today to remember those who you have lost or those who are serving our country.

And as always you all will be in my thoughts and prayers today:)

Feed it to the dog!!! :eek::eek::eek: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! lollol341.gif

I have a magnet on my fridg that says feed it to the DOG so you won't look like a HOG. Now I have a Hog for a dog.:D

Ha ha ha! Feed it to the dog... I don't have a dog so I'll just feed it to everyone else in my family and make them eat it! Actually, my hubby is not a big sweets fan but I made him have some so that I wouldn't eat half the thing. Anyways.... I didn't step away from it entirely. I just had a decent size piece and told myself that I can have more tomorrow.

My official weight this am: 125.8. I'm sure much of it had to do with my run yesterday (and the day before I had run almost 7 miles).

I'm putting a tri-tip in a marinate to grill later. I'm going to round out the meal with some grilled veggies (red potatoes, peppers, eggplant, red onion, and squash) and maybe another slice of cheesecake. :p

I hope everyone has a great Monday!

Vickey: Only 5 more days til Vegas? Yippeeeee! :D

Take care,

Brenda

[quote name='emmysmommy']Ha ha ha! Feed it to the dog... I don't have a dog so I'll just feed it to everyone else in my family and make them eat it! Actually, my hubby is not a big sweets fan but I made him have some so that I wouldn't eat half the thing. Anyways.... I didn't step away from it entirely. I just had a decent size piece and told myself that I can have more tomorrow.

My official weight this am: 125.8. I'm sure much of it had to do with my run yesterday (and the day before I had run almost 7 miles).

[COLOR=Red][FONT=Arial Black]Good.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I'm putting a tri-tip in a marinate to grill later. I'm going to round out the meal with some grilled veggies (red potatoes, peppers, eggplant, red onion, and squash) and maybe another slice of cheesecake. :p

[COLOR=Red][FONT=Arial Black]Now this sounds yummy.(not the cheesecake)I am like your hubby and don't care too much for sweets would rather have something salty like chips or pita chips.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I hope everyone has a great Monday!

Vickey: Only 5 more days til Vegas? Yippeeeee! :D

[COLOR=Red][FONT=Arial Black]I can't wait....or we there yet....are we there yet....are we there yet:D[/FONT][/COLOR]

Take care,
Brenda[/quote]

[COLOR=Red][FONT=Arial Black]Hubby and I both had to work today so we are not grilling out.:mad:

[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='vdarrell'][COLOR=Red][FONT=Arial Black]I have a magnet on my fridg that says feed it to the DOG so you won't look like a HOG[/FONT][/COLOR]. [COLOR=Red][FONT=Arial Black]Now I have a Hog for a dog.:D[/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]

I knew it. Why waist such a delightful dessert on a dog... [IMG]http://www.emoticonland.net/smileys/Lol/lollol362.gif[/IMG]

[quote name='missou']Congradulations Jon and Nikki. Jon, why don't you set your goal at 215 or 210 instead of 206? It would be easier to acheive, no? Good luck on your new goal!!

[/quote]

yeah that would be more attainable but since i started at 306 on january 4th it would be amazing to be 206 on july 4th. then im figuring another month to get the weght i gain on the cruise off:eek:

Jon, I did a little calculation and you lost an average of 4.1 pounds everyweek since you first started. If you keep on loosing the same average, you should be able to loose that 18 pounds easily in the next 41 days. That is almost 6 weeks. We are behind you 100%, pushing you up those stairs!!!

Okay here goes. Last regular Monday weigh-in before the cruise.

SW 178
TW 161
CW 160
Loss this week 4#

One # from my goal (yea!) :). We head to port this Saturday and board the Conquest Sunday :):). I'll do a midweek weigh-in and post, 'CAUSE THAT LAST POUND IS GONNA BE TOAST:D! Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and for the accountibility, because I know without having to make that weekly weigh-in there was just way too much good food around here for me to have made my goal! Even though we lost Cozumel I plan on having a great time (and no calorie counting will be allowed during the cruise). I'll be back after it again once I'm back because I've felt sooooo... much better health and energy wise since that weight started coming off. After a minor diet break for the cruise I will definitely be returning to the healthier diet I've had lately. I will keep up with the exercise during the cruise (and yes - at least a minimum of 250 steps per day :p). Thanks everyone for the ideas!

Has been and will be a busy few weeks around here with Gmother's 100th last week, my bday this week, cruise next week (celebrating in-law's 50 anniv), and our anniversary the day after we return. Sounds like a good time to celebrate to me :D. Next year will be 50 and 25 for me (bday/anniv). Sounds like I should start planning another cruise!!!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=red][B][I]Scott[/I][/B] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=red][SIZE=2][COLOR=seagreen][I]Oh how I love that ticker with small numbers below![/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Hey Scott, congradulations for reaching your goal minus 1 pound. I hope you have a great time aboard the Conquest and a great party for each of your celebrations. We will be waiting for you afterwards for a resume and the few pounds that will have snuck back in and will need to go away.

Enjoy your cruise and hit those stairs!!!

[quote name='Twinrigger']Okay here goes. Last regular Monday weigh-in before the cruise.

SW 178
TW 161
CW 160
Loss this week 4#

One # from my goal (yea!) . We head to port this Saturday and board the Conquest Sunday . I'll do a midweek weigh-in and post, 'CAUSE THAT LAST POUND IS GONNA BE TOAST! Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and for the accountibility, because I know without having to make that weekly weigh-in there was just way too much good food around here for me to have made my goal! Even though we lost Cozumel I plan on having a great time (and no calorie counting will be allowed during the cruise). I'll be back after it again once I'm back because I've felt sooooo... much better health and energy wise since that weight started coming off. After a minor diet break for the cruise I will definitely be returning to the healthier diet I've had lately. I will keep up with the exercise during the cruise (and yes - at least a minimum of 250 steps per day ). Thanks everyone for the ideas!

Has been and will be a busy few weeks around here with Gmother's 100th last week, my bday this week, cruise next week (celebrating in-law's 50 anniv), and our anniversary the day after we return. Sounds like a good time to celebrate to me . Next year will be 50 and 25 for me (bday/anniv). Sounds like I should start planning another cruise!!!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=red][B][I]Scott[/I][/B] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=Red][FONT=Arial Black]Congrats on the 4 lb loss. I so wish it was I leaving on our cruise:rolleyes:I hope you have the best time ever. With all that celebrating going on in your life you definetly need a little ME time.

BTW....Happy Birthday when is it?

I also think a cruise is in order for 50/25....... both are cruise deserving:D[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=red][SIZE=2][COLOR=seagreen][I]Oh how I love that ticker with small numbers below![/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

:):):):)

Bday is the 27th. It's strange to think that on 20 June 2010 I will have spent more of my life with my lovely bride than without. Not earth shattering, just one of those wow things. Since she's 3 years younger than me, so she's already hit that point - - poor girl:o.

I hope this cruise goes great for her so I can talk her into a 25th anniv cruise next year.

Too much Memorial Day food off the ole grill tonight, looks like extra stairs tomorrow. If I don't behave it'll be no bday cake for me:(.

[B][I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=red]Scott[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B]

[quote name='Twinrigger']If I don't behave it'll be [B]no bday cake for me[/B]:([B][I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=red]Scott[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B][/quote]

You better behave!!! :p:D

Congrats Scott.

Yesterday was an awesome day. Burgers and Dogs on the grill. pasta salad, mac salad, veggies. What else can you ask for? Plus, it was a nice sunny day and I spent 3 hours at the pool, working on my Burn.

Vickey, I don't want the practice this week, but if you are busy, I can do it for you. Just let me know and I can update it. I know that some have not posted yet, but I can get it ready.

Hi Everyone:

Due to surgery, pain meds (and therefore lack of appetite) I can report a weight of 211 today. It has been 2 weeks since I reported but with no exercise to speak of I am happy with this.

I will try to find a tape measure and get measured today.

Still no energy to keep up with the daily posts but I did read through some of them. You are all doing great and an inspiration. Keep up the hard work and it will come off. Remember, steady and sure wins the race. Is that the way the quote goes? I don't think so. Anyway, all have a good week.

Marsha

[quote name='missou']I had a migraine yesterday, I practicly did not eat and I did not do any exercice. Result : I lost 1 pound. Back to my training today.[/quote]

[COLOR=Red][FONT=Arial Black]Sorry to hear about the migraine, I feel for you. Mine is gone for today hope it stays away.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='matt314hew']Congrats Scott.

Yesterday was an awesome day. Burgers and Dogs on the grill. pasta salad, mac salad, veggies. What else can you ask for? Plus, it was a nice sunny day and I spent 3 hours at the pool, working on my Burn.

Vickey, I don't want the practice this week, but if you are busy, I can do it for you. Just let me know and I can update it. I know that some have not posted yet, but I can get it ready.[/quote]

[COLOR=Red][FONT=Arial Black]You didn't eat all of that junk did you?:D I am going to post the weigh ins today but thanks for saying you would. You will have enough on your hands to do it next week and don't forget that is when everyone posts their measurements also.:eek: I will be gone May 29th -June 10th.
Vegas here I come.;)
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[quote name='riddle']Hi Everyone:

Due to surgery, pain meds (and therefore lack of appetite) I can report a weight of 211 today. It has been 2 weeks since I reported but with no exercise to speak of I am happy with this.

I will try to find a tape measure and get measured today.

Still no energy to keep up with the daily posts but I did read through some of them. You are all doing great and an inspiration. Keep up the hard work and it will come off. Remember, steady and sure wins the race. Is that the way the quote goes? I don't think so. Anyway, all have a good week.

Marsha[/quote]

[COLOR=Red][FONT=Arial Black]You have been in our thoughts and I hope you get better soon and are able to join the rest of us on a daily basis. Take it easy and don't try to over do. Congrats on the weight loss but do remember you need to eat to heal.(just eat healthy)[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Twinrigger']Bday is the 27th. It's strange to think that on 20 June 2010 I will have spent more of my life with my lovely bride than without. Not earth shattering, just one of those wow things. Since she's 3 years younger than me, so she's already hit that point - - poor girl:o.

I hope this cruise goes great for her so I can talk her into a 25th anniv cruise next year.

Too much Memorial Day food off the ole grill tonight, looks like extra stairs tomorrow. If I don't behave it'll be no bday cake for me:(.

[B][I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=red]Scott[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/I][/B][/quote]

[COLOR=Red][FONT=Arial Black]Again Happy Birthday tomorrow.:)Enjoy that small slither of b-day cake.
I love those WOW moments especially when a man has them, and that one was a sweet one.;)
I see the stair monsters(missou and Matt) have you brainwashed.:eek:
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='vdarrell'][COLOR=Red][FONT=Arial Black]I see [SIZE=4][B]the stair monsters(missou[/B][/SIZE] and Matt) have you brainwashed.:eek:
[/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]

So now I have become a monster...

[IMG]http://images.zaazu.com/img/shrek-shrek-monster-green-smiley-emoticon-000172-large.gif[/IMG]

As long as I can keep on smiling ;):D

[quote name='vdarrell'][COLOR=Red][FONT=Arial Black][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=Red][FONT=Arial Black]You didn't eat all of that junk did you?:D I am going to post the weigh ins today but thanks for saying you would. You will have enough on your hands to do it next week and don't forget that is when everyone posts their measurements also.:eek: I will be gone May 29th -June 10th.
Vegas here I come.;)[/FONT][/COLOR][/quote]

Oh, I did. Had a little of the Pasta salad, a little of the mac salad. One dog and burger. Also a piece of cake.

Yeah, next week is the measurements.. so the rest of you, post or else. :mad:

And you will need me to post the June 8th as well. Boo. But you will have a great time in Vegas.

[quote name='vdarrell']Again Happy Birthday tomorrow.Enjoy that small slither of b-day cake.
I love those WOW moments especially when a man has them, and that one was a sweet one.
I see the stair monsters(missou and Matt) have you brainwashed.
[/quote]

Why you gotta be name calling? I am not a monster. Just for that. Maybe i won't post the weigh ins now. Just kidding. I will still do it.

[quote name='missou']So now I have become a monster...

[IMG]http://images.zaazu.com/img/shrek-shrek-monster-green-smiley-emoticon-000172-large.gif[/IMG]

As long as I can keep on smiling ;):D[/quote]

[COLOR=Red][FONT=Arial Black]Sorry...... I did mean it in a good way and posted it with alot of love for you both.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='matt314hew']Oh, I did. Had a little of the Pasta salad, a little of the mac salad. One dog and burger. Also a piece of cake.

Yeah, next week is the measurements.. so the rest of you, post or else. :mad:

And you will need me to post the June 8th as well. Boo. But you will have a great time in Vegas.

Why you gotta be name calling? I am not a monster. Just for that. Maybe i won't post the weigh ins now. Just kidding. I will still do it.[/quote]

[COLOR=Red][FONT=Arial Black]I got to remember not to name call especially when some one is doing me a favor.:eek:[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][FONT=Arial Black]But like I told missou I did it with love.
[/FONT][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red][FONT=Arial Black]I would love it if you posted both weeks I wasn't thinking about not being here for two Monday Weigh ins.

Gotta run and do my rounds.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red][SIZE=4][FONT=Arial Black]Anchors Aweigh In
Monday May 25th

Vdarrell.....222....[COLOR=Plum]224 lbs
[COLOR=Lime]***2 lb gain***

[COLOR=Red]Missou.....162.6....[COLOR=Plum]163.8 lbs
[COLOR=Lime]***1.2 lb gain***

[COLOR=Red]Matt....197...[COLOR=Plum]196 lbs
[COLOR=Lime]***1 lb loss***

[COLOR=Red]Jon....234...[COLOR=Plum]224 lbs
[COLOR=Lime]***10 lb loss***
[COLOR=Red]
Nikki....204...[COLOR=Lime][COLOR=Plum]201 lbs
[COLOR=Lime]***3 lb loss***

[COLOR=Red]Emmysmommy...127...[COLOR=Plum]125.8 lbs
[COLOR=Lime]***1.2 lb loss***

[COLOR=Red]Twinrigger....165...[COLOR=Plum]161 lbs
[COLOR=Lime]***4 lb loss***

[COLOR=Red]Riddle....217...[COLOR=Plum]211 lbs
[COLOR=Lime]***6 lb loss***

[COLOR=Black]Sorry but here is the short version.
They just put a full patient load on me so I will be quite busy today and late into the night. I am so ready for VEGAS.
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='vdarrell'][COLOR=red][FONT=Arial Black]Again Happy Birthday tomorrow.:)Enjoy that small slither of b-day cake.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=red]I love those WOW moments especially when a man has them, and that one was a sweet one.;)[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=red]I see the stair monsters(missou and Matt) have you brainwashed.:eek:[/COLOR][/FONT]
[/quote]

Thanks, I may have to settle for just "smelling" the cake :(. I'll have more than plenty next week.

I'm already having nightmares of "Drill Sgt Matt" running a boot camp on my cruise shouting "Let's see some double time on those stairs - - or you're sharkbait!" ;) But don't worry, I know how to disobey orders (go ahead - court martial me) :p.

[quote name='Twinrigger']Thanks, I may have to settle for just "smelling" the cake :(. I'll have more than plenty next week.

I'm already having nightmares of "Drill Sgt Matt" running a boot camp on my cruise shouting "Let's see some double time on those stairs - - or you're sharkbait!" ;) But don't worry, I know how to disobey orders (go ahead - court martial me) :p.[/quote]

Don't worry. You will be on your cruise. Drill Sgt Matt will be leaving you alone, but when you get back, you better believe that Drill Sgt will be in full force.

And Vickey, I know you were joking. Just gotta give you a hard time too.

Archived