Destiny

so excited!

I loved the Destiny--altho I was on it back June 2006 for my honeymoon-- had a great time and loved our cabin steward and dining room staff.. but I dont know about any recent reviews... that was just my experience! Have a great time!

Good bad ugly! Please advise! Thanks

We just got off the Destiny last month and had a great time. The only negative was a foul odor in the aft section of the ship. Other than that, the ship was a fun time. Beat the daylights out of a great week at work.;)

I will be going on the Destiny in April. Afterwards I will be sure to write a review. I am getting really excited as we are only a little more than a month out!! We have an aft extended balcony on the Empress deck. My first time with a balcony and I am really looking forward to that first cup of coffee in the morning while DH sleeps while looking out at the ocean. ;) I am always up before him.

I will be going on the Destiny in April. Afterwards I will be sure to write a review. I am getting really excited as we are only a little more than a month out!! We have an aft extended balcony on the Empress deck. My first time with a balcony and I am really looking forward to that first cup of coffee in the morning while DH sleeps while looking out at the ocean. ;) I am always up before him.

We are in cabin 7316-- extended balcony at the aft of the ship. We are going in 4 days!!!!!!!! I will write a review for you when I get back. What ports are you going to?

We are in cabin 7316-- extended balcony at the aft of the ship. We are going in 4 days!!!!!!!! I will write a review for you when I get back. What ports are you going to?

We are doing the Miami, Key West, Cozumel and back to Miami. A 4 day cruise. We are Cabin 7333 aft balcony also. You are Empress also! Let me know how the cabin and balcony are! Can't wait till you get back with review!

Have a blast!!

Just got back last Thursday - we had a great time. I wrote a review on Saturday if you want to check it out. By the way we were in 6317 Aft upper deck and it was the best location - no foul odors at all. We had balcony door propped open by chair all the time.

HawaiiFiveOh:

We are doing same itinerary in 9 days. Would love all the info you can provide, capers, etc. That’s really short notice when you get back, but boy it sure would be nice to hear what all to expect. We are a party of 16 with two teenagers and a 7 year old. I’m so psyched now I can’t stand myself! Thanks for anything you can provide. We are 6363 extended balcony. :D

HawaiiFiveOh:

We are doing same itinerary in 9 days. Would love all the info you can provide, capers, etc. That’s really short notice when you get back, but boy it sure would be nice to hear what all to expect. We are a party of 16 with two teenagers and a 7 year old. I’m so psyched now I can’t stand myself! Thanks for anything you can provide. We are 6363 extended balcony. :D

I think that poster that I was quoting is the one leaving soon. My cruise is not till April 16. ;)

But when you get back from your cruise, I can't wait to hear all about your adventure. Please come back and post how it was.

Have a BLAST!!

Just back from the Destiny and overall it was an awesome trip!!!!!! Our Cruise director was Kevin Noonan and he was too funny. The activites staff was excellent. Sally and Joe were my favorites! Sally did alot of the outside activities and Joe did the cornhole game and the bingo. He was a blast!

Food was great! We did the sit down every night and my favorite was the sweet and sour shrimps and the chocolate melting cake of course. Some people from our group said the buffet sucked for dinner but I never tried it.

Our room was 7285 (side balcony) and the rest of my family had the back balcony's on the empress deck. Rooms were good except you can't use your hairdryer in the outlets unless you bring and extention cord and plub the hairdryer into that plug instead of the wall plug. Also the balcony doors do open up, however depending on which room you are connected to, you may have to block one of the doors to keep it open.

Shows were really good especially the guy comedian. Not as good as phat kat but he was good.

There was something else that sucked.......the spa give-a-way's were mostly half off service coupons. On the imagination back in September they were giving away free spa services but they cut back on the destiny. I won half off one of the spa services but I didn't use it because the cost was still way too much. but they had a nice spa and gym

Good bad ugly! Please advise! Thanks

Loved Destiny, we sailed her last month....many photos from the Eastern itin below in my signature.

My tip: There is a breakfast buffet set up in the aft pool area which is a lot less crowded. They have an omelet station set up there too.

Also, aft pool and whirlpools are adults only. They did enforce this when we sailed recently.

Have a great cruise! :)

Just got back Monday from the Destiny. 4th Cruise. It was great. The food was awesome. The weather was superb. Had room #8191, inside. No problems. Ate several breakfasts, 1 lunch and 3 dinners in dining room, all very good. Buffet for dinner was not that good. Brought some friends that had never cruised. They were impressed, I think they will cruise again. Did Key West and Cozumel, Just walked around Duval Street inKey West. In Cozumel, went to Playa Mia beach. That was nice. Then went to Carlos n Charlies, wasn't too crazy, but was pretty entertaining. All in all, I truly enjoyed the Destiny and would go again.

Archived