Legend leaving Tampa

It takes about two hours to get to the bridge.

I was looking at a google map of the Tampa Bay area and was trying to figure out where the port is and what path the Legend takes to the bridge. Do you happen to know that too? We are assigned to the first seating. Can we see out of the dining room as we go under the bridge? Does everyone eating run out to the deck? :)

Does everyone eating run out to the deck? :)
And why would anyone do that?? :eek: Just curious..:)

We sailed the Miracle out of Tampa, and it appeared to be "just another bridge deck" to me.. :rolleyes: Am I getting 'old'..?;)

Here's a closeup map of the port itself.

On this second zoomed-out map, the port is at the point labeled "A". The Sunshine Skyway is the bridge where I-275/US 19 goes over the bay at the bottom left of the picture. So you have an idea of how far it is.

This is perfect! That's a lot of water to navigate. Now I know why it takes about two hours to get to the bridge.

The title of your thread caused me to take notice - I thought that the Legend was LEAVING Tampa (as a home port) !! :eek:

:)

Tom

Me too! LOL

If you want to see the bridge and have first sitting dinner, just eat at the buffet the first night.

My husband desperately wanted to get a good picture of the Skyway Bridge when we returned to port so we were up at 3am waiting to go under it. I seriously thought we were going to hit it with the horn/smoke-stack-thingy (I'm having a brain fart on what it's called).

My husband desperately wanted to get a good picture of the Skyway Bridge when we returned to port so we were up at 3am waiting to go under it. I seriously thought we were going to hit it with the horn/smoke-stack-thingy (I'm having a brain fart on what it's called).

Funnel.

smell.jpg:D

Archived