Must Brings on Carnival

tinydancer2109

Just a fun/funny topic to help out new timers and help the experienced remember our first cruises.

So to start the must have list.

1. Surge Protector with multiple outlets!

Reason: One outlet per room. Have fun ladies!:rolleyes:

I have been on nine Carnival cruises and have never brought a surge protector or multiple outlet strip and never needed one. I think the cabins have plenty of outlets.

hands down the single most important thing you can remember is a beer coozie!!!! on my first trip first 5 mins i buy a beer, set it down run to take a picture come back and its warm as hell! the wind and warm air is like a microwave to the damn things! the coozie changed everything for me last trip, cold beer all the time!!!

hands down the single most important thing you can remember is a beer coozie!!!! on my first trip first 5 mins i buy a beer, set it down run to take a picture come back and its warm as hell! the wind and warm air is like a microwave to the damn things! the coozie changed everything for me last trip, cold beer all the time!!!

Do you recommend can or bottle coozies? Which kind of beer does carnival have more of?

Thank You All for the suggestions. Off the wall? NOBODY likes a quitter... that said, I recently ceased the smoking thing after 35 yrs... I still enjoy the tobacco aroma (smell) Christy simply loaths it ( You All know it, never smoked Ones ) so I would think a mellow air freshener would end up in Our baggage! Please direct Us to any threads/posts that have discussed related issues... as in, say... Are there non-smoking cabins? Do You experience Others smoke on Your Own balcony? WE ARE REAL ROOKIES, FIRST TIMERS, so fire away!

Thank You All for the suggestions. Off the wall? NOBODY likes a quitter... that said, I recently ceased the smoking thing after 35 yrs... I still enjoy the tobacco aroma (smell) Christy simply loaths it ( You All know it, never smoked Ones ) so I would think a mellow air freshener would end up in Our baggage! Please direct Us to any threads/posts that have discussed related issues... as in, say... Are there non-smoking cabins? Do You experience Others smoke on Your Own balcony? WE ARE REAL ROOKIES, FIRST TIMERS, so fire away!

I am going on the new Carnival Dream in Oct and have a spa room, all are nonsmoking. I think there is another ship with spa rooms but don't know the name. I hear balconies on any cruise line get wafting smoke so a balcony isn't that great either if you want to avoid smoke unless a spa balcony.

Sweater, sweatshirt or something like this - even if you are going to a tropical environment, some of the public rooms are FREEZING. It's not fun to anticipate a wonderful vacation and then be cold and uncomforatble. Gift shops usually have a good selection of sweatshirts, but at a price.

I always bring a shawl, jacket, shrug. Why are ships freezing? Really bugs me.:(

We bring:

Extra hangers

Power strip(camera charger, phone charger, etc)

duct tape

XXX large Ziploc bag(In Case your suitcase sits out on the tarmac when it is raining or your suitcase some how goes in the water at the ship) I put all my clothes in the one bag in my suitcase

Erase board for leaving messages to room Stewart

clothes steamer

Do you recommend can or bottle coozies? Which kind of beer does carnival have more of?

they have cans and bottles so bring both haha! I like the plastic miller lite bottles so Im just bringing the bottle one this time. Along with a few of my own plastic miller lites!

another thing I love to have is the ipod with small docking speakers. We pretty much decide to never turn on the tv( except for sports lets not get crazy) so its nice to have all the music we like for when were getting ready or falling asleep etc. makes it alot easier to relax.

Our have to bring items;

Kenny Chesney Island music for the cabin

Small flavored creamers (If you are hooked on coffeemate, gotta have these)

Our IHOME that is a clock radio and plays our IPOD

Small fleece blanket- something from home to cuddle up with

I can't wait to go cruising!!!! Not far now

• Softsided cooler
  • 6 plug outlet (laptop, hair dryer, clock, curling iron, camera charger, etc)
  • XXL Ziploc Bags (use this as a hamper and then pack anything wet in them for the trip home)
  • travel coffee mugs for drinks
  • I take a backpack that we use for every trip that has - wet wipes, hand sanitizer, sunscreen, ponchos, hats, individually package snacks, band aids, headache meds. It goes off the ship with us at every port.
  • I highly recommend after-sun aloe lotion and two bottles of sunscreen incase you lose one some where (like in a cab in Cozumel:rolleyes:)
  • Medicines you use on a routine basis including Tylenol, Tums, Immodium AD, allergy meds, motion sickness med, band aids, Oral gel, etc
  • I pack all the clothes I know will have to hang on hangers in the rolling garmet bag to ensure I have enough hangers.
  • We also take sodas, bottled water, wine and rum
  • Our own snorkeling gear (whose mouth was on it last and was it cleaned? Yuck!)
  • Ipod and this year, small speakers
  • Travel clock that is illuminated (for night time trips to the bathroom)
  • There is body wash and 2 in 1 shampoo on board, plus usually samples of razors and toothpaste. I take my own conditioner.
  • Books to read (the library is open limited hours)
  • I tie purple ribbon on my luggage so I can find it during debarkation.
  • Battery charger or extra batteries for camera (don't forget memory cards or extra film)
  • Underwater camera is cheaper if brought from home.
  • A bag to take ashore that has a zipper so nothing falls out.
  • Travel Scrabble (get free cards on the ship at the Purser's desk)

There are pens and paper in the room and you can free postcards of the ship at the Purser's desk. They offer free motion sickness medicine as well.

I know it sounds like a lot but it makes our week more enjoyable and I never have a problem getting it all to fit in our bags or our inside cabin.

Looked for some at Walmart, just last night, and they did not have any!

I thought if Walmart didn't have something, no one did! :D

I spent 15 min. looking at every stupid bottle , LOL!

Online, Target shows they carry it but they did not have it at our local Target. Found it at a health food store but it was very expensive. Ended up ordering from Mexitan online (www.mexitan.com) at a "reasonable" price (although still pricier than non-biodegradable sunscreen) and it came in 4 days.

Maybe nobody said anything, but you're still doing the environment a HUGE injustice by not using the right sunscreen. Coral reefs are vital to all life on earth, not just sea life. Traditional sunscreen bleaches coral. Do the right thing and get biodegradable sunscreen. You can easily find it at many retailers online, including Amazon and drugstoredotcom. Thanks, lecture over.

And don't feed the fish.

Safety pins... you never know if you bust loose or pop a top :) Ive had straps on dresses rip.. good to have as backup..

Air freshener for the bathrooms.. ya never know...

Bonine or dramomine

Intuition Razor... ladies.. these are sooo nice bc shower space is tiny..no need for shaving gel.. this razor is a 2-in-1.. LOVE IT!

Archived