Is it me or are the Breakfasts in dining room lacking?

Truck Cruiser

Are you this now? If so which one? I was just in Gulfport a few weekends ago seeing Jeff Dunham. :D

No, I'm retired. On the coast, I owned a catering business, then moved on to N.O. (actually my home town) to be a chef and then F&B director for the two largest hotels in N.O. Love my retirement!:)

No, I'm retired. On the coast, I owned a catering business, then moved on to N.O. (actually my home town) to be a chef and then F&B director for the two largest hotels in N.O. Love my retirement!:)

Ok.. Just wondered if I ate in your hotel restaurant while i was there

Here's some menu's from the other lines.. Looks about the same on each line:

Costa

Page 1

Page 2

NCL

Menu

Holland America

Menu

Regal

Menu

MSC

Menu

RCCL

Page 1

Page 2

I think I ate in the main dining room once for breakfast in all the years I have been cruising. But I do know that they have different offering on different lines in the breakfast buffet......

... I'll eat anything and I didn't have to cook or do dishes.
And be grateful for small mercies.

Carnival's breakfast is quite adequate.

If you want fancy everything, book Silversea,Cunard,Seabourne -not Carnival. :cool:

I think I ate in the main dining room once for breakfast in all the years I have been cruising..

Breakfast buffet works for most people on the ship hence why i think they will always keep it simple. Truth be known they probably walk out to the buffet fill your plate and come bring it to you in the dining room. :eek:

What else could you possibly want? Breakfast is breakfast. If you want a wider selection' date=' go to the buffet.....

BREAKFAST DINING ROOM MENU

Fruit:

Grapefruit half

Banana melon (in season)

Orange and grapefruit sections

Baked apples

Stewed prunes

Chilled Juices:

Orange

Grapefruit

Pineapple

Apple

Tomato

Prune

Cereals

Corn flakes Frosted Flakes

Special K Corn Pops

All Bran Raisin Bran

Cocoa Krispies Granola

Wheat Minis Rice Krispies

Bran Flakes Corn Flakes

Crispix Cruncheroos

Fruit Loops Smart Start

Smacks Hot Cream of Wheat

Hot Oatmeal Hominy Grits

Plain, strawberry or peach yogurt

Breakfast Entrees

Smoked Salmon with cream cheese and toasted bagel

Daily Breakfast Special

Eggs Benedict

Omelets

Boiled, fried. Scrambled or poached eggs

Buttermilk pancakes or Belgian waffles (available served with bananas, strawberries, blueberries, syrup, honey or cream)

French toast with Cinnamon sugar

On the Side

Corned beef hash

Sliced ham

Has browns

Link sausage

From The Bakery

Danish

Croissants

Muffins

Plain and raisin English muffins

Bagels

White, whole wheat or rye toast

G'Ma

We don't agree all the time.. but this time you are "spot on"! "What else could you want?" When you look at how many thousands of pounds of food they bring onto the boat for these cruises, for all the different meals, it's amazing that they offer as much as they do anyhow. Dan

We don't agree all the time.. but this time you are "spot on"!

"What else could you want?"

When you look at how many thousands of pounds of food they bring onto the boat for these cruises,

for all the different meals, it's amazing that they offer as much as they do anyhow.

It amazes me that

all these people who live in grand stately country-homes on acres and acres of grounds,

staffed with butlers, chaffeurs and personal chefs operating out of well-stocked pantries

book on Carnival (of all cruise lines)

and then complain that standards are not up to what they're acustomed to, at home. :confused:

Something's out of whack,here..

I prefer breakfast in the dining room over the Lido buffet. I do find that the service is not quite as good as it is for dinner, but I do get what I ask for and it is usually hot. And best of all, I don't have to search for a place to sit.

Same hear, I eat most of my meals in the dining room. I like to be served. I do eat other things on the ship that I have to stand in line for as well.

We typically eat in the dining room for breakfast and I have few complaints since I'll eat anything and I didn't have to cook or do dishes. However, it would be nice to maybe have a "featured" item of the month such as a crab frittata, or blueberry blintzes, or carmel pecan pancakes, or something else that is outside their standard fare.

Yummy, to the pecan pancakes, hold the carmel.

What I always thought was missing on the breakfast menu was a wider selection of fruit such as pineapple, grapes, and strawberries.

You have to remember you are on a ship with limited storage and supplies are only brought in before sailing, so fresh fruit and veggies may not be as abundant as frozen steaks. I really think most ships do an amazing job of having fresh items under the circumstances.

It amazes me that

all these people who live in grand stately country-homes on acres and acres of grounds,

staffed with butlers, chaffeurs and personal chefs operating out of well-stocked pantries

book on Carnival (of all cruise lines)

and then complain that standards are not up to what they're acustomed to, at home. :confused:

Something's out of whack,here..

I really don't think it is that.......it wouldn't hurt to mix it up a little during the week......different kinds of sausages, potatos etc......Princess does.....

I really don't think it is that.......it wouldn't hurt to mix it up a little during the week...

...different kinds of sausages, potatos etc......Princess does.....

And Princess charges you what Carnival does?

Sounds like you get what you pay for!

I see a menu with multiple choices. I'm on the ship for seven days,

so I pick something different from that Same Ole Boring Menu each day of the week.

It's not the Ritz Carlton, just Carnival Cruises. :confused:

And Princess charges you what Carnival does?

Sounds like you get what you pay for!

Actually I paid the same as Carnival for Princess.........but you do bring up a good point ......... something to think about when comparing cruise lines......

When I am on Carnival now I just skip breakfast and wait for the deli to open........

Maybe Carnival could make menus up for each individual. Send out meal plans before each person's cruise and the passenger can write down what they would like each and every meal, each and every day.

Come meal time the give a ticket or whatever they use and the waiter goes to the back and retrieve the booked meal.

No need for menus in the dining room

Sounds simple to me

Who wouldn't love this for breakfast?

We loved eating in the dining room

and looked forward to breakfast every day:) ===> Looks just yummy!

BahamasCruise812.jpg?t=1237233795

Now why did you have to post that?

I'm so hungry now..and you just ruined my diet!:D

Nice pic -of a nice breakfast.

Who wouldn't love this for breakfast? We loved eating in the dining room and looked forward to breakfast every day:)

BahamasCruise812.jpg?t=1237233795

That was mean:p I am suffering trying to stick to my pre cruise diet. But this is what I am suffering for!!! LUV IT

Archived