Need help for air from Philly to FLL

chukeee

Hi all. I am hoping someone on here is better at finding a reasonable airfare for our cruise out of Fort Lauderdale from Jan 30, 2010 to Feb. 7 2010. We are planning on going a day early on the 29th but I can't find anything for under $350 round trip. We can also go from Harrisburg, PA or from Baltimore, MD. I just must not be as good as searching as some of you and was hoping you had some suggestions. Thanks

When searching for airfares now you will automatically be ruling out airlines like Southwest which is currently only booking through August 14, 2009. While they might not always have the best fares, they do have nonstop flights between Philadelphia and FLL. Using some hypothetical dates in August they currently have web specials for $183.20. As a result of a recent sale, I was able to fly them from Providence to Orlando for $177.20 round trip.

If I am not mistaken you are headed into SuperBowl time!:eek:

The best fare I found was $423. round trip using US Air on the inbound and United on the Outbound.

Check out the date for SuperBowl as it will affect airfares, hotels, etc.

Kathy

Hi all. I am hoping someone on here is better at finding a reasonable airfare for our cruise out of Fort Lauderdale from Jan 30, 2010 to Feb. 7 2010. We are planning on going a day early on the 29th but I can't find anything for under $350 round trip. We can also go from Harrisburg, PA or from Baltimore, MD. I just must not be as good as searching as some of you and was hoping you had some suggestions. Thanks

You might want to check priceline.com They usually have some good prices. Hope this helps:p

I would wait for Southwest as they have non-stop flights and free luggage (up to 2 checked bags.) I just saw a DING fare for next month at $69 each way from FLL to PHL. January flights should be released around May or June. The reason it is $350 right now is because not all airlines have released the schedule yet (less competition.) Also keep in mind most airlines charge a fee if you have re-schedule your flight for some reason (SWA doesn't charge a fee.) It sometimes pays to be patient.

Also look at alternative airports such as PBI or MIA. sometimes they are less expensive after the taxi or rental car. Also look into flying into one airport and out another such as flying into PBI and home from FLL.

It's wayyy too early to book air for January........

I fly from Philly to FLL for all my cruises.....3/4 times a year and I always fly Southwest Airlines......they have the best fares, don't charge for luggage, are ontime and friendly. No charge on the flight for light snacks and soft drinks.

Bookmark their website and sign up for their emails. The release schedules about 5/6 months out. Monitor the fares...their website is really user-friendly. Keep an eye on them and watch for emails...they run specials all the time.

I've never paid more than 240.00 roundtrip and most are in the 178.00-219.00 price range.

Good luck....now, go sign up for Southwest.......

Thanks alot folks! I knew you would guide me in the right direction. I am aware of the Super Bowl dates and know that is probably the problem. Will be checking the southwest thing and let you know how I make out closer to the time. Thanks again:)

I would look into Spirit Air from Atlantic City. Very nice airline and their fares can be very competitive (just went from A.C. to Ft. Myers last week for $9 each way). Booked my parents tonight for a trip from A.C. to Boston for $3 each way. Not all their flights are that inexpensive, but if you keep checking, you should find a reasonable fare. They don't have fares for Jan/Feb 2010 available yet, but keep that option open.

Jo-Ann

Be sure to note that Spirit has VERY restrictive Contract of Carriage, and absolutely no interline protection if there are any irrops.

Before booking Spirit, know the terms and conditions of your purchase, what limited rights you may have, and recognize that your irrops option may be to buy a one-way full-fare ticket to make sure you get to your cruise.

Be sure to note that Spirit has VERY restrictive Contract of Carriage, and absolutely no interline protection if there are any irrops.

Before booking Spirit, know the terms and conditions of your purchase, what limited rights you may have, and recognize that your irrops option may be to buy a one-way full-fare ticket to make sure you get to your cruise.

Hopefully I'm not jinxing myself, but we've been flying Spirit Air since their inception (late 80's early 90's?), and we've never had a problem. They are just like any other low cost airline. I've flown Atlantic City nonstop to Ft. Myers twice this past winter (during high season) for $9 each way. You can't beat that!

I've had more problems with the major carriers!

Jo-Ann

I've flown Atlantic City nonstop to Ft. Myers twice this past winter (during high season) for $9 each way.

Are you a member of the $9 club? I'm not, so it cost me $20 to fly nonstop each way between PVD and Ft. Myers last year. Unfortunately, they have since pulled out of PVD.

Are you a member of the $9 club? I'm not, so it cost me $20 to fly nonstop each way between PVD and Ft. Myers last year. Unfortunately, they have since pulled out of PVD.

Sure am a member. It's saved me tons of money and with the Spirit Mastercard, your membership into the club is free.

Archived