RCCL C&A Website access for International Cruisers

EJNutz

For some time now (well over two years) access certain parts of the RCCL website for C&A International members has been restricted. We can not access the forum or special offers. We have been advised for over two years that we will be able to access these areas "soon".

Does anyone know when we will be able to gain access?

For some time now (well over two years) access certain parts of the RCCL website for C&A International members has been restricted. We can not access the forum or special offers. We have been advised for over two years that we will be able to access these areas "soon".

Soon;)

Apparently the agents in UK office have to sit and manually enter all the details but then someone goes on another cruise and they have to enter all the info again :confused: Well that is the reason they gave me a few months ago.

So, at the cruise show I now have 2 questions to ask : 1) RCCL visa card and 2) C&A web access. Both are questions I have had in the back of my mind for some time now.

I want an RCCL visa card and promise to spend lots of money on it:D

A little bit off topic, but a question to other non North American cruisers. Those of you that pay the cruise with their Mastercard, do you also find an extra fee on the cc bill due to the fact that RCCL bills it from Miami?

That alone is reason for MC to add a foerign booking fee, as if it was paid in USD. I know it only happens with Mastercard, not with AX.

That happened to every single cruise in the past 3 years and I am very upset with RCCL Frankfurt. They do give you the money back, IF you respond and complain about it. I don´t want to know how many people don´t realize this on their credit card bill and thus pay extra. They don´t care and don´t change the billing. Very annoying.

The final bill on the cruise is another hot topic. Every time I tick the box on the onboard payment form, saying I don´t want Royal to cenvert the amount into my credit cards currency ( for obvious reasons, since they would charge me extra anyways, since it is billed in Miami...) , every time the final bill arrives in € with the unfavourable "Royal" conversion rate on it. Every cruise this means standing in long lines again at guest relations, asking them to change it. One time they even converted my bill into Swedish Kronas ( I am German, my currency is € )....

What is your experience with this?

Cheers

Michael

A little bit off topic, but a question to other non North American cruisers. Those of you that pay the cruise with their Mastercard, do you also find an extra fee on the cc bill due to the fact that RCCL bills it from Miami?

That alone is reason for MC to add a foerign booking fee, as if it was paid in USD. I know it only happens with Mastercard, not with AX.

That happened to every single cruise in the past 3 years and I am very upset with RCCL Frankfurt. They do give you the money back, IF you respond and complain about it. I don´t want to know how many people don´t realize this on their credit card bill and thus pay extra. They don´t care and don´t change the billing. Very annoying.

The final bill on the cruise is another hot topic. Every time I tick the box on the onboard payment form, saying I don´t want Royal to cenvert the amount into my credit cards currency ( for obvious reasons, since they would charge me extra anyways, since it is billed in Miami...) , every time the final bill arrives in € with the unfavourable "Royal" conversion rate on it. Every cruise this means standing in long lines again at guest relations, asking them to change it. One time they even converted my bill into Swedish Kronas ( I am German, my currency is € )....

What is your experience with this?

Cheers

Michael

Yes, I do have to pay a 1% foreign currency exchange fee when using my MC. But then I think, if I understand you right, you are dealing with RCCL Frankfurt and pay in Euro. While I book in the US and my bill is in USD.

As to your second question about the onboard charges, I had a problem with them ignoring my request of not converting the bill to Euro several years back. Haven´t had that problem for many years now. I always ask to be billed in USD, which has been done.

From what I was told today is that the RCCL website is to be upgraded soon. At that point they will make adjustments for International C&A members. The word used was soon and that seems to mean never.

From what I was told today is that the RCCL website is to be upgraded soon. At that point they will make adjustments for International C&A members. The word used was soon and that seems to mean never.

EJ please let us know if soon ever means something other than never - then we'll commisserate with you guys about the parts that aren't working.;)

Archived