Thankyou,rcl upgrade fairy'''''

Congrats on the upgrade. I have always had an assigned cabin at time of booking. Are upgrades given on assigned cabins or just a guarantee cabin?:o:o

As other have mentioned you can get upgraded if you have an assigned cabin but it is more likely to happen if you have a guarantee booking. When RC changes or upgrades an assigned cabin booking there is always the possibilty that those people wants to keep their chosen cabin and/or they don't want the new one because of location, type of cabin such as hump or one with a large balcony, etc. With a guarantee you have indicated you are flexible on your cabin choice and of course can't compare to a cabin you've never had or chosen.

We had a E1 balcony Gty for our next cruise, sailing next month, and just found out today we have been assigned a D1. We are very pleased with this while mimisandy, as posted earlier today, is not sure if they want to give up their aft D1 for a non-aft JS.

That is fantastic, congratulations! Kind of sounds like if you booked a D1 you may have a better opportunity of an upgrade to a JS when they don't sell out. We're in an E2 middle hump next month on Mariner. Doubt if we get an upgrade but I really don't mind since I know I wouldn't get a mid-hump JS! :eek:

Me too! We sailed b2b on the Jewel in Jan and a b2b on the Indy & just got home Monday. We are booked on the 13 night Explorer in April. Can the upgrade fairy make a stop on us for our Explorer cruise? :)

Joanne- Did you see Julian? We heard he was supposed to report

to the Independance but haven't heard anything since. Was he

in the CL or the overflow lounge?

Anita

Anita, no Julian was not there. Our 1st cruise was Ricardo in the Diamond lounge and the second one was only in the Labryinth. The Diamond lounge was not open for the evening the second cruise. We liked the Diamond lounge much better. Ricardo was in the Labryinth (sp) the second week.

Joanne

Anita, no Julian was not there. Our 1st cruise was Ricardo in the Diamond lounge and the second one was only in the Labryinth. The Diamond lounge was not open for the evening the second cruise. We liked the Diamond lounge much better. Ricardo was in the Labryinth (sp) the second week.

Joanne

Interesting. I'm going to have to do some more research. Thanks for

the info. Are we still on for the Oasis? We also just booked the

Navigator TA from Rome in 2010. Check it out.

I have finally been able to contact Julian. His joining Independence has been delayed until May 9. With rotations on and off the ship and the vactions of others, things were changed. His precious Precious is now on Navigator.

I still don't know which lounge Julian will be in.

Gina

This one will be just our 3rd RCI cruise, but 7th cruise all together, I wonder if you have to be a diamond member for a visit from the upgrade fairy??

Definitely not. DW and I were gold members with only one cruise credit each when we were upgraded to a GS on a TA on the Legend. So keep keeping your hopes up, as anything can happen.

Interesting. I'm going to have to do some more research. Thanks for

the info. Are we still on for the Oasis? We also just booked the

Navigator TA from Rome in 2010. Check it out.

Anita,

we are in Florida for Oct & Nov at Sanibel Island (our favorite place) every year so we don't usually cruise either month, We had driven over for the FOS members cruise & did last year fly to SJU for the Serenade members cruise last year. We really hate to leave Sanibel. If I could afford a home there, I probably would cruise less. Fred doesn't agree, but I really love Sanibel. I guess I could get tired of Paradise, I wouldn't mind finding out :) LOL! Anyway, I don't think I have to worry about it!

We are still on for the Oasis in Jan. We just got back Monday from a b2b on the Indy, Cathy and Jeff joined us. Next up for us is the Explorer April 26 from NJ. YEA no flying!

Hi to Moses from us.

So now I AM a believer. It finally happened. I got the D+ call today upgrading us to a GS from a D1 for 2 whole weeks. :D

They are almost giving away the cabins on my next cruise due to low bookings. If anyone can get away to South America, this is your big chance to do it at a really low price. Balcony cabins are priced below $700 for 14 nights. :eek:

So now I AM a believer. It finally happened. I got the D+ call today upgrading us to a GS from a D1 for 2 whole weeks. :D

They are almost giving away the cabins on my next cruise due to low bookings. If anyone can get away to South America, this is your big chance to do it at a really low price. Balcony cabins are priced below $700 for 14 nights. :eek:

Gina...........I'm so happy for you!! It does pay to continue to cruise with RCCL........as some of your hard earned money is coming back.....as a reward.

Congratulations on the GS. What a wonderful cabin for you to enjoy!!

Rick

I have finally been able to contact Julian. His joining Independence has been delayed until May 9. With rotations on and off the ship and the vactions of others, things were changed. His precious Precious is now on Navigator.

I still don't know which lounge Julian will be in.

Gina

He must answer his emails all at the same time. I heard from him also.

I'm just glad to hear he's coming back. When we didn't hear

anything from the Indy I was worried. I was surprised to hear about

Precious being on the Nav. I thought they would be able to stay

on the same ship. It must be very hard for them.

He must answer his emails all at the same time. I heard from him also.

I'm just glad to hear he's coming back. When we didn't hear

anything from the Indy I was worried. I was surprised to hear about

Precious being on the Nav. I thought they would be able to stay

on the same ship. It must be very hard for them.

I was REALLY surprised to hear about Precious, too.

Don't you just wish he'd tell us which lounge he's going to be in? I would think it would be best for us and him to be in the DL. Newbies in suites wouldn't appreciate him the way we do. :D

Gina

Archived