Conquest Sailings after July 2010

JennLynn

they haven't released conquest's schedule past the current listings for 2010. nothing has been indicated that it'll be moved - if that was set, the sailings from an alternate port would be listed on the itinerary section of the ship's page.

i doubt galveston will lose conquest or a second ship in general, as the sailings are full and garnering higher prices than from other ports.

I also noticed there is nothing schedule for May and June out Galveston... on any ship. Is this normal?

100% normal. Carnival will release a year's worth of dates and prices usually at the same time. The next year usually goes thru about mid April.

Hopefully the next year will be released soon.

Yeah I am needing to book another Cruise for Late July or August 2010 on the Conquest. Main thing is we are going to be a Party of 3. And we want an AFT BALCONY cabin. (Only like 1 per deck) so I know I need to get in early to grab that puppy.

Wow Mach - That is GREAT news. I'm sure you can't give us any details until Carnival makes a formal announcement...any idea when that might be?

BTW - We met you prior to boarding the Conquest last Sept. I just posted a reply on your thread about that trip yesterday. I know it's late, but I'm new to the boards. You do a great job as a host...keep up the good work, and hopefully we'll meet again on a future sailing.

Don't worry about the Conquest... she's staying in Galveston...

In fact, I have it on pretty good authority (;)) that Galveston will see a THIRD ship in the future!!

:)

Mach, you are the man..... so, would you like to give us a hint or two or three??????? Pretty please with sugar on top!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I know.....sailing out of Galveston is definitely pricier than anywhere else.....living in Houston, it's nice to not have to fly anywhere to get on a ship, so, the extra couple hundred bucks it would cost to fly to Florida makes up for the higher fares. It would be nice to see more ships out of either Galveston or Houston though....there is a great new multi-million dollar terminal in Houston (Bayport terminal) that was used for the Carnival ships right after Ike. No ships are scheduled to permenently dock there for awhile, which is a shame.

In fact, I have it on pretty good authority (;)) that Galveston will see a THIRD ship in the future!!

REALLY?? WOW! When you hinted once before about the possibility of the *ship which I will leave to you to announce* coming to Galveston, I assumed that would mean the Conquest would go elsewhere. How awesome to possibly having two big ships and the Ecstasy sailing out of Galveston! :D

Yeah, I know.....sailing out of Galveston is definitely pricier than anywhere else.....living in Houston, it's nice to not have to fly anywhere to get on a ship, so, the extra couple hundred bucks it would cost to fly to Florida makes up for the higher fares. It would be nice to see more ships out of either Galveston or Houston though....there is a great new multi-million dollar terminal in Houston (Bayport terminal) that was used for the Carnival ships right after Ike. No ships are scheduled to permenently dock there for awhile, which is a shame.

It is a shame, because the Bayport terminal was great. We sailed from there on the Conquest in early October last year and after being in Galveston on several cruises the Bayport terminal had easy access to parking, lines were quick, Customs went smoothly and very quick. I would much rather sail from Houston than Galveston but no one seems to be using the terminal??????

The Elation. With the Spirit most likely going head to head with the RCI Radiance in San Diego, the Elation will be squeezed out. Texas seems to be full of money, and Carnival wants to pounce on it while the gettin's good.....

David

Carnival Cruises: 9

NCL: 1

HAL: 1

Yep, nobody is using Bayport yet, just sitting there going to waste. I am sure there are a lot of people who would rather cruise out of Houston then go all the way to Galveston...I know it's only about a half hour difference, but still.

Norwegian Cruise Line used to sail out of Houston, I wonder why they stopped? Although I love Carnival, it would be nice to have more variety besides the one RCCL ship that is there for half of the year. It would also be nice if there was a Carnival ship that went to Roatan.

That's wonderful news! We would love to have more options out of Galveston!

A third ship?? How cool! I am new to cruising and already addicted! Galveston is an easy place for us to get to because we live in San Antonio. Well worth the extra money for the cruise over the cost of airfare.

REALLY?? WOW! When you hinted once before about the possibility of the *ship which I will leave to you to announce* coming to Galveston, I assumed that would mean the Conquest would go elsewhere. How awesome to possibly having two big ships and the Ecstasy sailing out of Galveston! :D

Mach didnt say two BIG ships, plus Ecstasy, who knows. Already some are saying Elation which would be another fantasy class. .... I dont care which one they bring in.

Mach didnt say two BIG ships, plus Ecstasy, who knows. Already some are saying Elation which would be another fantasy class.

just my opinion, i think it would be kinda silly to bring in another fantasy class ship. there wouldn't be any real marketable advantage besides the quantity of cruises available.

i'd think that it would be more wise / profitable to try to fill another niche market... either:

1) biggest best new ship (magic) sailing 7 days or longer cruises

- would attract locals and others for new ship smell

2) conquest remaining but sailing shorter 4-5 day cruises like destiny

- big ship, reasonably priced balconies, less time, less $ cruises

3) ecstasy sailing more, shorter 3 and 4 day cruises

- for people that can only get away for a few days, less $ cruises

(above 1-3 would all happen together, my ideal recommendation)

4) spirit class ship sailing 4-5 (instead of conquest) or 7 day cruises

- different class / size would attract fans / additional cruisers

Archived