Will an American feel welcome on the QM2

nitnyleo

I think some of them are very dubious, for example the State bird of Florida must be the Mosquito, and their State Fish, maybe an Old Trout. :)

The State Bird of Alaska should be the Mosquito, since they are about the size of a hummingbird . . .

We have the infamous Salt Marsh Mosquito here on the Texas Coast that can stand flat-footed and rape a turkey!!

Regrettably, they are but one of several breeds of the little blood suckers including the Tiger Mosquito carrying West Nile. Often my scent of choice is Deep Woods Off.

I fear Capt. that the only trout they find in Florida are in a super market, old frouts on the other hand, retired from New Jersey, are so common there ought to be a bounty on em! Floridians even eat Mullet, which they call Lady Fish, a slimy bony scum sucking trash fish better suited for bait or pelicans.

I think you must be confusing us Scots with the Welsh! Baaa!

Certainly from this distance it's easy to confuse the two.

I try to look for the double LLs in the name just so I won't offend unintentionally.

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere - Mae West

Ha hahahah Hohohoho Heeheeheeh!! There is more than one state with an OFFICIAL shell fish? Dear lord above! Do you have OFFICIAL Insects; Arachnids; Ceteceans;Cephalopods; Sausages; Fungusususes; Mosses?

Is there is no end to this lunacy. Heeeeheeee. This has made my day.icon10.gif An OFFICIAL bloody shellfish. You couldn't make it up. Who does make it up? The Official dipstick? How much does he/she get paid? Can I have a job? Stop with the official stuff, I'm in grave danger of becoming incontinent and there men in white coats knocking at my door.

Gareee heeee heeee heeee!

OK Grizzly, you know the Connecticut shell fish, now let me tell you about the official Connecticut insect which is the European or praying mantis, the Connecticut official animal is the sperm whale, the flower is the mountain laurel, the gem is the garnet, the tree is the white oak and the song is Yankee Doodle.

OK Grizzly, you know the Connecticut shell fish, now let me tell you about the official Connecticut insect which is the European or praying mantis, the Connecticut official animal is the sperm whale, the flower is the mountain laurel, the gem is the garnet, the tree is the white oak and the song is Yankee Doodle.

You forgot the unofficial State Hero, the UCONN Husky, (OK, so I'm an alumnus).

...and don't forget The Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court! ;)

So if she had sailed Cunard before, and the choice was between Cunard and Carnival . . . :cool:

I felt sorry for a poor woman on Carnival until I cruised Norwegian!!:eek:

We're glad to brighten Gari's day as he has two more months of winter to look forward to in a place that is best known for a kind of bread pudding, although, it isn't actually a pudding, and a vacation spa for Scots dating back to William Wallace!!

I've enjoyed seeing Connecticut, but really, the State mammal is the Sperm Whale? They certainly didn't show up there deliberately!!

As far as I know they're an endangered speicies what with Ted Kennedy in ill health.:)

I think some of them are very dubious, for example the State bird of Florida must be the Mosquito, and their State Fish, maybe an Old Trout. :)

Nah ...

The mosquito is the state bird of New Jersey.

(Well ... that's what the t-shirts say, anyway. :rolleyes: ... that is, if you believe the t-shirts. :D )

Does that mean you went to school, I did too.:)

What it really means is that we have quite a weekend coming up. We have two basketball teams that are in the Final Four. And hopefully by Tuesday night we will have two national champions!!! The UConn women and the UConn men!!!

GO HUSKIES

My thanks to all for this bit of thread drift. They say laughter releases feel-good chemicals into the system, yesterday I definitely O.D.’d. Many thanks to Lurker and PM for the lists of OFFICIAL trees, birds etc. I’ll learn them off by heart. I must have a word with the MD on the QM in June and request a table for 8 with 6 Americans then we can have many pleasant dinner conversations beginning, By the way do you happen to know the OFFICIAL tree, bird, mammal or (Ho Ho I’m off again) SHELLFISH of New Mexico or Utah? The prospects are endless.

A tear-streaked Gari

My thanks to all for this bit of thread drift. They say laughter releases feel-good chemicals into the system, yesterday I definitely O.D.’d. Many thanks to Lurker and PM for the lists of OFFICIAL trees, birds etc. I’ll learn them off by heart. I must have a word with the MD on the QM in June and request a table for 8 with 6 Americans then we can have many pleasant dinner conversations beginning, By the way do you happen to know the OFFICIAL tree, bird, mammal or (Ho Ho I’m off again) SHELLFISH of New Mexico or Utah? The prospects are endless.

A tear-streaked Gari

Glad to contribute to all your feel good chemicals, Grizzly.

It was quite the party y'all had yesterday . . . I'm sorry I missed it . . . Even tho' I'm a bit late . . . Pennsylvania does not have an official shellfish, BUT we do have an official fossil [no, it is not Joe Paterno] . . .

the Phacops rana (aka, trilobite).

And, Gari, it is not made up by the "official dipstick". These are bills passed by the legislature (a collection of dipsticks), after due deliberation, including debate and input from citizens with deep pockets.

PS: PSU - NIT Champs . . . see you next year real PM.

My thanks to all for this bit of thread drift. They say laughter releases feel-good chemicals into the system, yesterday I definitely O.D.’d. Many thanks to Lurker and PM for the lists of OFFICIAL trees, birds etc. I’ll learn them off by heart. I must have a word with the MD on the QM in June and request a table for 8 with 6 Americans then we can have many pleasant dinner conversations beginning, By the way do you happen to know the OFFICIAL tree, bird, mammal or (Ho Ho I’m off again) SHELLFISH of New Mexico or Utah? The prospects are endless. A tear-streaked Gari

I have picked up numerous sea shells in New Mexico, the beach was there, but the tide had been out for a few million years. To get you off to a roaring good start, here is the official NM State Fossil!!

http://www.statefossils.com/nm/nm.html

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

"Is that a pickle in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?"

A tear-streaked Gari

You realize you'll know their life stories by the end of the first meal, even before they've "been properly introduced".

What it really means is that we have quite a weekend coming up. We have two basketball teams that are in the Final Four. And hopefully by Tuesday night we will have two national champions!!! The UConn women and the UConn men!!!

GO HUSKIES

Our British friends probably understand this part of the thread about as well as I understand Cricket. (How do you stop for tea during a contest? I guess there will always be an England).

Our British friends probably understand this part of the thread about as well as I understand Cricket. (How do you stop for tea during a contest? I guess there will always be an England).

The same as you stop American Football for TV adverts! ;)

A tear-streaked Gari

And Gar, for your next cruise conversation, Connecticut's official fossil, not to be outdone, is--da-duh--the Eubrontes Giganteus, beat that one!!!

And Gar, for your next cruise conversation, Connecticut's official fossil, not to be outdone, is--da-duh--the Eubrontes Giganteus, beat that one!!!

And I forgot, we also have a Connecticut State Troubadour who is selected every two years. Right now our state troubadour is Lara Herscovitch.

Scotland's official fossil is Sean Connery. How about that one.

J

Archived