Copenhagen Port

Georgia-boy

Does anyone know which port Princess uses in Copenhagen.

Langelinie or Freeport?

Also what is the best way to get to the Airport.

Charles

Princess uses Fryhavn (Freeport). Take a taxi to the airport. Been there, done that; twice. Cost is approx. $40-45 now. Last time we did it was $36, but $$ exchange has gotten worse. :)

Princess uses Freeport. It is the port farther away from the city.

Take a taxi. Taxis in Copenhagen are very tourist friendly. All of them accept credit cards and some (most taxis at airport) accept other currencies at their own exchange rate. All the people in Copenhagen speak fluent English, therefore there is no language barrier as there might be in Southern Europe. At the airport they always have someone helping tourists with the taxis. I told him how many were in our group (9 pax) and he immediately got a taxi van and a normal taxi for all of us.

If you are those type of people that need the assurance of going on something related to Princess there is a Princess representative at a booth in the luggage claim area. At that booth you can buy the Princess shuttle bus tickets to take you directly to the port. You can also ask her various questions regarding transportation. She was the one who advised my group to take the taxi and not buy the cruise transfer.

Hope I helped.:cool:

If you look at this site:

http://www.copenhagenet.dk/CPH-Cruise.htm

It gives you all sorts of info for cruise ship visitors, including taxi fares. It also tells you where each ship will dock during 2009.

Fantastic website! We're planning on taking public transport from the city centre and it looks like the bus #26 is the way to go. Thanks for that.

One other piece of info I just discoverd - the nearest train stop is Nordhavn‎ and from the googlemap looks to be just a few minutes walk from the cruise terminal. This may be the way we go.

If any of you are interested, we were on the Crown from Copenhagen to FLL in September of 2008. I did a "LIVE" and perhaps some of what I said could be of some interest to you. Since I don't recall all of my ramblings, here is the link in case you feel like reading.

Copenhagen is a very small city and if you have two days you can see it all. On foot.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=841352&highlight=copenhagen

Archived