Is it worth the soda card for 1 drink a day?

MandMNeal

Unlimited Fountain Soda

Includes: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic Water, and Soda Water

The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-Refundable.

Prepaid @ $6.25 per person per day x Cruise days plus 15% gratuity

and applicable taxes

Souvenir Thermal mug included in the purchase of the program

A can of soda onboard is less then $2.00.

Last summer on the Jewel, I bought the soda package since I drink a lot of Diet Coke. My comments are that the fountain soda on the ship leaves a lot to be desired with respect to taste. It wasn't very good. Also, the souvenir thermal "mug" they give you is small and by the time they put ice in it you get very little soda. So if you drink a lot of soda, you'll need to get many refills to get the equivalent of a can's worth. Technically, I may have gotten my money's worth compared to $2.00 per can, but in the future I think I'll just pay for the cans. I only got so many refills because you get so little at a time. It's not worth it in my opinion.

That's exactly what I was going to suggest - bring them with you:). DH and I only drink Pepsi and always bring along two 12-pacs of cans. Trust me, it's not about trying to save money (although that's a great side-benefit) but more about NCL is COKE only and we don't drink Coke.

I like to have bottled water when I wake up and go to bed. Was thinking of bringing some with me. Also some sodas. But what is the best way to carry it on? Just as it comes or put it in something or what?

Thanks!

We always bring a case of water and a case of diet coke. we enlarge a luggage tag and place it on top of each case, wrap it with plastic and make a handle with packing tape. Have never had a problem with this arriving in our cabin. DH always buys the soda card also so when he is out and about doesn't have to carry a mug or can.

The ship's water is excellent, very carefully and thoroughly filtered. I just bought one bottle of water, and kept filling the same bottle from taps. As for soda -- unless you are way particular and MUST have only a certain flavor, you'd have to drink A LOT of soda each day to make it worthwhile to buy the card. (Or do what I think is "cheap" and buy the card for your whole family to use. It's supposed to be for one person...)

Is it an actual card that you can hand off to each other? Also, does anyone know if you can purchase a smoothie card without purchasing the Teen Passport?

On the Jewel it was a sticker that was put on your key card. So presumably you can hand your key card to someone else to get the soda. The key card doesn't have a picture on it, but does have the name of the "owner", and your cabin number.

That's exactly what I was going to suggest - bring them with you:). DH and I only drink Pepsi and always bring along two 12-pacs of cans. Trust me, it's not about trying to save money (although that's a great side-benefit) but more about NCL is COKE only and we don't drink Coke.

Just got confirmation from James (ohioNCLcruiser) who works on PoA that NCL is switching to Pepsi fleetwide. PoA is already carrying it. For us Coke product lovers, it just means we'll have to bring our own. :D

DT

Ooops, never mind. I just saw James post up above. Sorry, James. :o

DT

Archived