Restaurant in Spanish Steps area, Rome

We're only going to be in Rome for one night post cruise in May. Our favorite restaurant is Nino's. I just found out that they are closed on Sundays. Does anyone have a favorite restaurant in the Spanish Steps area? It doesn't have to be fancy, just good food and service.

Joan

Have dined in several supposed exclusive and expensive restaurants but

found we prefer food and company at trattorias (small family restaurants)

. Love the fresh tortolinis and relaxed atmosphere...realizing that trips

to Rome are special, many prefer to treat their palates to something

memorable as well...both make for good food and memories.:)

We're only going to be in Rome for one night post cruise in May. Our favorite restaurant is Nino's. I just found out that they are closed on Sundays. Does anyone have a favorite restaurant in the Spanish Steps area? It doesn't have to be fancy, just good food and service.

Joan

During one of our shore excursion in Rome we had lunch at "Settimio" in Arancio Street, just a few minutes from the Spanish Steps, good local food and place (we were surrounded by local people eating there).

Another good Tratoria near there suggested by a friend of us is "Gigi":) but we did not test it.

After I've eaten my way through the day on street food :D (La Montecarlo pizza, San Crispino, Giolitti and Della Palma gelato, etc.) Oh, and after I've done some window shopping on the Condotti (a stop at Caffe Greco for refreshments is a must-such a treat), I like to find small, family run restaurants and Colline Emiliane is in that area (walkable distance) and exactly that and very good. The pumpkin ravioli is amazing!

Ok, now I'm hungry...

Alla Rampa, just a block off Piazza Spagna in Piazzo Mignonelli 18. The antipasti buffet alone is enough for a meal, but also order the special of the day and you'll go away very happy.

I'll second that. We ate there on recommendation from Rick Steve's guidebook and we found it to be quite good and reasonably priced. Well, everything except the Cokes; tiny bottles for 5 Euro each, ouch!

I forgot to say that Trattoria Tritone is also very good in that area. So many choices really... I've heard that Hostaria Romana, Alla Rampa and Gioia Mia are also good but haven't been. So many choices, so little time.:(

Archived