Allure bookings (merged)

Someone please tell me I am not being daft. For some reason Allure appeals to be a lot more than Oasis, and we have a balcony cabin on a courtesy hold until Wednesday, as we can't book until then, The only thing is that it is for September 2011.... 2 and a half years away!

I have NEVER booked anything this far in advance before, it seams such a long way away, should I really do it. (BTW, it is with the UK RCL so if I cancel I will loose deposit).

I am booked on Oasis for May 22, 2010. This will be my husband's and my 3rd wedding anniversary. My husband didnt care either way what ship or where we went as long as we were on vacation. I booked the Oasis because I just want to see what all the excitement is about. We are staying in a Boardwalk view room. Not going to book Allure on Wednesday because we want to give the Oasis a test run. If they nickel and dime you for everything, we will probaly go back to Voyager class. In 6 weeks we are going on AOS for the 2nd time only because we liked the itinerary to the southern caribbean. I guess it all depends on what you like to do, we like bigger as there is much more stuff to do on the larger ships. All I have to say is make a budget for yourself if you really want to go on these larger ships. I just wish the Allure was coming to NY or Bayonne NJ somewhere a bit closer to me, so I would not have to fly anywhere. Good Luck to those who book the Allure, hope you get the room you are lookin for.

I also made a booking today, B2B starting 4th Sept 2011! How am I going to get thorugh all that time. Got D1 in the middle of the first hump on the 1oth floor, very happy with that, looks like a great balcony size.

Now just need to find another couple of crusies before then to keep the withdrawal symptoms at bay.

I booked on the Allure for 2/27 and 3/6/2011. I have a D7 category and the rate was $1398 for 2/27 and $1402 for 3/6 and that includes taxes.

YIPPIE!!!

If anyone else booked a D7 can you tell me what the price was earlier. Thank you.

Looks like you got a good deal...I just got a quote for July 3,2011 interior Q is $1628pp and D8 is $1878pp. I don't think am gonna book with these prices...

Looks like you got a good deal...I just got a quote for July 3,2011 interior Q is $1628pp and D8 is $1878pp. I don't think am gonna book with these prices...

Without taxes it was $1,299 for each week for the D7 (2/27/11 and 3/6/11). The price you received for an interior cabin seems really high and I wouldn't have booked the D8 at $1878 either.

No clue...we don't cruise in July. Maybe for July cruisers that is a good price.

We always cruise in July. Prices have never been so high. And if these are special prices for C&A members what they gonna be for everybody else next week?

So has anyone got their cabin/sailing etc all picked out and ready for booking to open for D & D/Plus tomorrow?

If you are booked on Oasis, have you decided on a different cabin category for Allure? If so why?

Do you think the prices will be higher or lower than when Oasis booking opened?

Is there anyone who hasnt booked Oasis but is planning to book Allure?

Come on folks lets get this party started ....Allure...here we come :D

We booked this morning (Wednesday the 8th) for the Decembeer 26th New Year's Eve sailing in 2010. Its the only time we can go as the kids are off school. I was able to get right through and was booked and off the phone in about 10 minutes. The holiday sailings are pretty pricy. I was quoted $2679 for a C1 - Central Park Balcony on Deck 10; $2309 for a CV - Central Park View on Deck 9; and $2148 for a PR - Promenade on Deck 6. Those fares are per person! :eek: You have to add the taxes of $103.26 per cabin. We are not booked on the Oasis but felt we might as well lock in a holiday rate now since it will most likely only go up over the next year and 8 months. I will watch the Oasis fares for the same week to see if there is a difference. If the Oasis winter 2010 fares are less when they release them, I'll probably change ships although the problem with the Oasis at that time is the cruise departs on Saturday, which is Christmas Day. Several posters have complained that the itinerary is boring and I agree as we've been to all of the ports before. Other than St. Maarten, we may never get off the ship as there will be so much to do and see onboard. Well, I've got 20 months to wait and see. :D

We booked this morning (Wednesday the 8th) for the Decembeer 26th New Year's Eve sailing in 2010...I was quoted $2679 for a C1 - Central Park Balcony on Deck 10; $2309 for a CV - Central Park View on Deck 9; and $2148 for a PR - Promenade on Deck 6. Those fares are per person! :eek:

HOLY CARP :eek: No wonder I cruise in March...but one of these days I'll be singing Happy Holidays on a cruise ship :D

I bet the Oasis will manuver the schedule so they are not leaving on Christmas Day. They are doing it for 2009. There is a 4 day thrown in the beginning of Dec so the Christmas cruise ends on 12/26.

I would imagine the Allure will be a mirror image of the Oasis so why is there any excitement in booking her? If they were configured differently or were cruising to different destinations I'd understand but aside from a different name on the exterior they are clones. Am I missing something here?

Congratulations to all who have booked Allure :D

Today they open up bookings to the general public..I wonder how many will book today?

Although it is a long time off till we cruise for me personally it gives me something to aim for..to work harder for, especially if in a job which isnt that exciting...and even with 3 cruises before Allure I am still very excited that I have booked the sailing and cabin I want on the Allure :D

Congratulations to all who have booked Allure :D

Today they open up bookings to the general public..I wonder how many will book today?

Although it is a long time off till we cruise for me personally it gives me something to aim for..to work harder for, especially if in a job which isnt that exciting...and even with 3 cruises before Allure I am still very excited that I have booked the sailing and cabin I want on the Allure :D

Allure wasn't listed on the web sites this afternoon but I just checked again and all sailings are now showing as active on the sites. :)

Archived