A Few Questions Related to Teens/RCCL

spring162

The fine folks on the RCCL forum sent me here for a few questions related to my teens. We will be sailing on the Liberty in June and wondered the following-

1. On labadee, do the kids/teen activity people organize stuff to do on the beach? Long day to keep them busy and I know after a while they will be driving me nuts(cant they see I am trying to enjoy my tropical drink in peace:D)

2. I thought I had read somewhere that there are certain activities like "white night" or a pj party? What specific clothing do I need to get them to bring? All you mothers will know this will totally be my fault if I dont know about every certain party/activity.

3. How do you get your teen NOT to lose their Seapass?

Thanks in advance

On Labadee, they did have a beach volleyball tournament for the teens but nothing else. My son, 17 at the time, had made plans with his friends to play in the tournament and they all had lunch with the staff but other than that, they really just sat in the water and talked. I think your teen is a little younger so not sure you are into having them roam around with friends.

As far as theme nights, there was prom night on the last formal night. I think there was also a caribbean night but no pajama party for teens.

My son kept his seapass on a thin cord lanyard that he kept under his shirt or looped through a belt loop and stuck in his pocket since he is known to lose everything.:rolleyes: He didn't use one of the bigger lanyards since it was uncool.:cool:

Teens of ALL ages should be able to keep themselve occupied on Labadee without too much problem! They'll most likely be checking out the opposite sex!

Not many do door decorations, unless they're with some group!

We last cruised with an 11 yo 2 years ago. We cruise next week so I will have updated, first hand information on the 13th but based on reviews, compasses, and questions that I have asked here is what I have found out:

My understanding is that the 12 -14 age group does have a "pajama" party on Freedom (eastern day 5). They hangout and watch a movie. My DD is planning on wearing pajama pants bottoms and a tee-shirt. This is what she sleeps in anyway so no extra clothes there.

There is a party(maybe in the Crypt disco??) where the suggested dress is mainly white. My DD is planning to wear a whit skirt and sweater to dinner that night.

There is one night that is "prom" DD is planning oin wearing the same outfit she is wearing for Formal Night.

DD was 11 when we visitied Labadee but she had a blast. We had a beach type day and she did do the aqua park for an hour. She enjoyed some time with friends she made on the ship.

DD wears a lanyard around her neck to hold her Seapass and a small bottle of Purelle (she caught Noro on the Disney Wonder so she is careful about hand washing and/or sanatizing on board). It is one of the RCCL ones so it is the larger size. She can loop the lanyrad though a belt loop and place in a pocket when she needs to. I am not 100% certain what she does at the pool (I think she loops the lanyard over a flip-flop strap).

Door decorations are not like on the Disney ships. We saw very few decorated doors.

I will be happy to provide first ahnd info after next week.

Thanks to all for the replies. I thought I had read about both those types of parties. Since we are on Liberty (7d eastern) I am not sure all are the same but it helps to be somewhat prepared. I want to make sure the 12yo has something decent to wear to the pj party if it occurs. The shorts and cami are ok for home but not in public. HA. :rolleyes:

Archived