Anytime dining going fleetwide???

The list shows every ship has a different date. Its going fleet wide one ship at a time. conquest is adding it (soon, I meant) but I dont know which ship you will be on so without posting that, no one is going to be able to tell you.

The list shows every ship has a different date. Its going fleet wide one ship at a time. conquest is adding it (soon, I meant) but I dont know which ship you will be on so without posting that, no one is going to be able to tell you.

Thanks, its the Triumph.

Here's the schedule:

Open Seating Option:

Available now: Legend, Liberty, Sensation, Paradise, Miracle

Available soon:

Carnival Elation 4/26/09

Carnival Conquest 4/26/09

Carnival Pride 4/27/09

Carnival Fantasy 6/03/09

Carnival Spirit 6/13/09

Carnival Dream 9/18/09

Carnival Ecstasy – mid October 2009

Carnival Glory – mid December 2009

Carnival Fascination – Feb 2010

Imagination, Inspiration, Destiny, Triumph, Valor, Splendor, Freedom & Victory – by summer 2010

Doesn't look like Triumph will have it unless you are sailing NEXT July (2010). But then, there's always a chance they might implement it sooner than scheduled.....good luck!

Here's the schedule:

Open Seating Option:

Available now: Legend, Liberty, Sensation, Paradise, Miracle

Available soon:

Carnival Elation 4/26/09

Carnival Conquest 4/26/09

Carnival Pride 4/27/09

Carnival Fantasy 6/03/09

Carnival Spirit 6/13/09

Carnival Dream 9/18/09

Carnival Ecstasy – mid October 2009

Carnival Glory – mid December 2009

Carnival Fascination – Feb 2010

Imagination, Inspiration, Destiny, Triumph, Valor, Splendor, Freedom & Victory – by summer 2010

Doesn't look like Triumph will have it unless you are sailing NEXT July (2010).

Thanks, no it is this july. How hard is it to get a table for 2 when it is either early or late seating then? The travel agent would not book a table of 2-says u have to inquire once onboard ship. Thanks

Yes, your TA is right....they won't let you request table size ahead of time. As soon as you get on the ship, go to the dining room and find your table. Table number will be on your S&S card (along with dining time and which dining room). If it is not a table for 2......the Maitre D' will be available at a specified time (it will be posted) unless he is already there. See him and ask to be changed to a table for 2. He will try to accomodate you. Good luck! :)

What is the dress code for Your Time Dining?

Same as the dress code for the dining room, as it is still held in the dining room. I think most ships have the Your Time Dining in the upper dining room, with traditional in the lower.

Thanks, no it is this july. How hard is it to get a table for 2 when it is either early or late seating then? The travel agent would not book a table of 2-says u have to inquire once onboard ship. Thanks

we have never had a problem on Carnival getting a table for two. GO to the dining room as soon as you board (you should get to the ship as early as possible. Ask the Maitre "d for what you want, we've never had a problem on CArnival.

we have never had a problem on Carnival getting a table for two. GO to the dining room as soon as you board (you should get to the ship as early as possible. Ask the Maitre "d for what you want, we've never had a problem on CArnival.

Ditto! :D

I always try to find out when (by looking at recent capers) the Maître d' will be available for requests. It's usually in the Capers for embarkation day.

If you want to be almost guaranteed a table for two it would be best if you make your request as soon as possible once you get on board.

So, if you board late you might not to get your request. They are on a first come basis. You might need to board as soon as you can. We always go a little early and then we can check-in and then sit down and relax for a while until they start the boarding. Works out well.

Last cruise we went to the designated dining room where the Maître d' was going to be a 1/2 hour earlier than the Capers listed and he happened to be there and we were the first to make a request.

Once they switch to anytime dining, does that mean there will no longer be early and late seating, and you will have a different waiter everytime? I prefer to stay at an assigned dining time, especially since we will have people with food allergies in our group. I think it is much safer with the same wait-staff for every evening meal.

Once they switch to anytime dining, does that mean there will no longer be early and late seating, and you will have a different waiter everytime? I prefer to stay at an assigned dining time, especially since we will have people with food allergies in our group. I think it is much safer with the same wait-staff for every evening meal.

They plan to have 1 dining room designated for anytime dining, and the other is for the assigned dining times, so you still have your choice.

I think it is much safer with the same wait-staff for every evening meal.

From many of threads I have read about people's experience after trying the new dining, you can request the same waitstaff in the new dining option also.

Bill

I am glad you can still get a reserved table and time. That freestyle cruising on NCL is a real pain. I HATE waiting in line for a table on a cruise. I love having the same table and the same waitstaff. To me that's one of the special things about cruising. On my girls' cruises, our waiter always knows our preferences by the third night, and that's really nice!:D My non-dessert eating friend always gets her plate of brie after dinner without even asking!

Call me Traditional but I plan on sticking to a designated time, Early preferred, if possible, so that I can plan the events of the day. I did the anytime seating with NCL and although convenient, it seemed to diminish the "dinner event".

...maybe it's just me

Archived