Anyone Ever Find Romance On A Cruise?

RaleighNC

One of my colleagues at work did . He was wondering what to do for a vacation, so i suggested what else .... a cruise . He went onto a popular

website and selected a med. cruise . He met a lady from Australia . He has been to Australia and she came to Canada to visit him , and now he is going back in a few weeks to visit her again. It`s quite a distance to travel, but i guess its worth it for them. Who knows what the future holds for both of them ?

Hello,

After 27 cruises and a B2B coming up next week (South America), I have seen and met several singles on cruises. I do not know however if any did turn into long term relationships. If i were single I would definitely go on a cruise because you never know whom you will meet.

Try a cruise and I am sure that you will like it.

Fred

My SIL! She cruised on the Princess line with her parents...her Dad was a fire chief. While on board they met up with a couple of guys from Arizona, both firemen. They must have 'hit it off' because they got married a year later (and she was from Canada, he was from Arizona!) and now have three beautiful children, the oldest is graduating from high school this year.

So, it can happen. ;)

I hope so!! I am going on my first cruise in Feb on my own and i often wondered if i would feel like a fish out of water (pardon the pun) in the evenings when everyone else was partnered up with their significant others, dancing an smooching !!

I know someone who did. She went on a graduation cruise with her daughter that just graduated from high school. The mom met a man, and eventually ended up divorcing the husband/father and has been with the "cruise man" now for 10 years.

I cruised with my best female friend several years ago. We were both single women in our late 30s to mid-40s. (I was the latter.)

My friend is a huge football fan from Massachusetts. The Patriots had their final play-off game of the season, against the Steelers, on the first night of our cruise. She informed me that I'd be going solo to dinner, since she'd be hanging in the sports bar to watch the game.

I showed up for dinner to find we'd been assigned to a table for four. Our tablemates were two guys from the Philadelphia area, both mid- to late-40s. Their team, the Eagles, had clinched their spot in the Super Bowl earlier that day. The rivalry ran all week.

Assigning two pairs of singles of the same age range to the same table...a coincidence? I doubt it.

Romance...maybe not exactly. There was a spark between myself and one of our tablemates. I received a birthday gift while on the ship and a lovely Valentine's Day card after returning home.

Alas...Massachusetts and Pennsylvania are a bit of a stretch. We have remained friends, but the "romance" never really went anywhere.

I hope so!! I am going on my first cruise in Feb on my own and i often wondered if i would feel like a fish out of water (pardon the pun) in the evenings when everyone else was partnered up with their significant others, dancing an smooching !!

I don't want to disappoint you, but cruising is not mostly couples having romance. It is more about families, parents with the children, and very often even extended families, Grandma and Grandpa are along also.

Now most cruises will have some opportunities for singles to get together. Look in the daily paper and see what it says but is seems I have seen things geared at singles. You could also go to the purser's desk when you board and ask them.

Now if yo are simply looking for someone to dance with and have fun with for an evening,you will find dancing partners in the disco if you are interested, and you will have fun, just don't hope you will find "Mr. Right." Now you may make some great friends whom you can keep in touch with, but as others said, unless the guy lives near you, chances are, it will end with you occasionally exchanging e-mails.

I didn't find the love of my life on a cruise. I'm still an unmarried woman.

However, I've met three terrific guys on cruise ships. In none of the cases was I trolling for romance - far from it. In all cases, I was among only a handful of fellow Canadians aboard.

But in all three cases the men I met were not only Canadian, but all lived within 200 miles of me. One continues to be a longstanding friend.

My luck and these coincidences make it that much more statistically unlikely that anyone reading this will have the same happy accidents!

I didn't find the love of my life on a cruise. I'm still an unmarried woman.

However, I've met three terrific guys on cruise ships. In none of the cases was I trolling for romance - far from it. In all cases, I was among only a handful of fellow Canadians aboard.

But in all three cases the men I met were not only Canadian, but all lived within 200 miles of me. One continues to be a longstanding friend.

My luck and these coincidences make it that much more statistically unlikely that anyone reading this will have the same happy accidents!

Hello,

I am originally from Michigan. You say that you are from near the Michigan and Ontario border. Are you living on a boat in the Detroit River, docked in Windsor, or one of the lovely towns on the Canadian side of the river, or maybe even on Bob Lo Island?

Fred

Hi, Fred. My border home is on the St Clair river, Canada side. It's been in the family a couple generations, as our summer place. The deed has "channel rights" (I can build a dock). Archaic wording in the deed, which would be unenforceable for international security reasons, making it appear I "own" the water right at the border.

On a day to day basis I live further away, about 45 minutes to the border. But, I have a post office box in MI so get mail in 2 countries, have checking accounts at banks in 2 countries, look at ad flyers and often buy groceries based on what's cheapest in each country, etc. Half of the extended family is American, half Canadian. Close friends on both sides of the border. I always carry my passport, as well as my US$ wallet and C$ wallet. By no means am I yearning to get U.S. citizenship, but a snide remark on this board about "you Americans" might get a hot response from me.

Archived