Swizzle Inn

scrapycruiser

Can you make reservations for lunch at the Swizzle Inn restarant ? I assume it's very popular. What is your favorite thing to order....besides a swizzler : )

We usually get their nachos and a pitcher of swizzler. (I am allergic to gluten so I cant try some of their other favorites--but it all looks good) I dont think that you can make reservations--the last time we were going to Bermuda, we were told to just "come on over". We went for an early lunch and it was packed before we left.

Have fun!

The fish chowder and the seasned fries, but most everything is good.:)

That is what I usually order! I have also had the Red bean Soup with the fries. That is very good too. Make sure the fries are seasoned. I have had the nachos and they were are also very good. People I have been with have ordered other stuff on the menu and I never heard any complaints. Also the Swizzle should be ordered by the jug or half jug, not by the glass.

Okay, I have to ask - what is a Swizzle?:o

And how easy is it to get there from Hamilton? We are docking in at the Dockyards, so thought we'd take the ferry over to Hamilton for a few hours. Can we easily get to the Swizzle Inn for lunch from there?

Along with the Dark n' Stormy, one of the national drinks of Bermuda.:p

Rum Swizzle

Bermuda’s most popular drink is synonymous with Gosling Bros, manufacturers of its main ingredient; Black Seal Rum. Every bartender has their own interpretation but Gosling Bros recommend the following:

• 8 oz. Gosling's Black Seal Rum
  • Juice of 2 lime s (or lemons)
  • 5 oz. Pineapple juice
  • 5 oz. Orange juice
  • 3/4 oz. Red Grenadine
  • 2 oz. Bermuda Falernum or sugar syrup
  • 6 dashes Angostura bitters

Add all ingredients to a pitcher 1/3 full of crushed ice and stir vigorously until a frothy head appears. Strain into cocktail glasses.

http://www.swizzleinn.com/

There are 2 locations and the one on the South Shore is easy to get to from Dockyard, about 15-20 minutes.

OOPS, just read you want to go there from Hamilton...makes it a little more involved and longer. You would need to go to the bus terminal then take a #7 bus to the South Shore which would probably be about 40 minutes.

Along with the Dark n' Stormy, one of the national drinks of Bermuda.:p

Rum Swizzle

Bermuda’s most popular drink is synonymous with Gosling Bros, manufacturers of its main ingredient; Black Seal Rum. Every bartender has their own interpretation but Gosling Bros recommend the following:

• 8 oz. Gosling's Black Seal Rum
  • Juice of 2 lime s (or lemons)
  • 5 oz. Pineapple juice
  • 5 oz. Orange juice
  • 3/4 oz. Red Grenadine
  • 2 oz. Bermuda Falernum or sugar syrup
  • 6 dashes Angostura bitters

Add all ingredients to a pitcher 1/3 full of crushed ice and stir vigorously until a frothy head appears. Strain into cocktail glasses.

http://www.swizzleinn.com/

There are 2 locations and the one on the South Shore is easy to get to from Dockyard, about 15-20 minutes.

OOPS, just read you want to go there from Hamilton...makes it a little more involved and longer. You would need to go to the bus terminal then take a #7 bus to the South Shore which would probably be about 40 minutes.

Thank you!!!!:)

What is the easiest way to get from the Dockyard to the ORIGINAL Swizzle Inn near the Caves?

How far is the NEW one from Horseshoe Bay? Any idea how many bus stops past the Horseshoe Bay bus stop on the #7 bus?

What is the easiest way to get from the Dockyard to the ORIGINAL Swizzle Inn near the Caves?

How far is the NEW one from Horseshoe Bay? Any idea how many bus stops past the Horseshoe Bay bus stop on the #7 bus?

Sorry but I don't know how to subscribe to this thread without posting again.

Sorry but I don't know how to subscribe to this thread without posting again.
To subscribe to the thread select the Thread Tools options above. Regarding your transportation questions, my quess is I'd take the ferry to St. George, then the bus to the Swizzle Inn?!;) Not sure exactly where the new one is?

Your going the week before us so I know you must be getting excited like us!:D Make sure you checkout the link below for some customizable Bermuda shirts and other items if interested!;)

To subscribe to the thread select the Thread Tools options above. Thank You! Now I know!

Regarding your transportation questions, my quess is I'd take the ferry to St. George, then the bus to the Swizzle Inn?!;) Anyone know which bus we need to take from St George??

Not sure exactly where the new one is? New one is in Warwick somewhere past the Horseshoe Bay bus stop. Just don't know how many past it.

Your going the week before us so I know you must be getting excited like us!:D Make sure you checkout the link below for some customizable Bermuda shirts and other items if interested!;)

I have checked out your stuff.....nice! Less than 7 weeks....I can't wait!!!

Archived