Ouvea for w911

PAFC2004

Hi all.

For those of you coming alone on W911 next week (and those of you that are just interested), Ouvea is still scheduled despite problems with the Port. Is it true that the current cruise will not be visiting Ouvea?

The pontoon was damaged in a storm back in early Feb. We were supposed to go there last week but went to Lifou instead. I had forgotten how beautiful Lifou was and am looking forward to going there again in Oct.

Also the cruise just left on the Dawn, I'm sure I read somewhere that they weren't going to Ouvea because the pontoon still hadn't been fixed and they were going to Mystery Island. They were saying they got an email from P&O stating the change.

Hopefully it will all be fixed when we cruise next week.

Kerri

Also the cruise just left on the Dawn, I'm sure I read somewhere that they weren't going to Ouvea because the pontoon still hadn't been fixed and they were going to Mystery Island. They were saying they got an email from P&O stating the change.

Hopefully it will all be fixed when we cruise next week.

Kerri

I emailed P&O today, and they said it is still on the schedule, so all should be good.

And hopefully fixed when I go to Ouvea in August next year! I still can't believe it! I am going on a cruise!

Hi Louise,

is this your first cruise? We are going our our first cruise on 4th June 09 - 28 nights Tahititian treasures on the Pacific Dawn. Imagine - never cruised before and booking a 28 nighter ! Wish us luck !

Georgina

I emailed P&O today, and they said it is still on the schedule, so all should be good.

I hope it wasn't Kylie who answered your question. :D:D:D I'm pretty sure the person in the call centre would just be looking at the original itinerary and wouldn't know about any possible changes.

I hope it wasn't Kylie who answered your question. :D:D:D I'm pretty sure the person in the call centre would just be looking at the original itinerary and wouldn't know about any possible changes.

I thought about that, but specifically mentioned that I knew the current cruise had to miss out. You may be right though. Having said that, I haven't been informed of any changes as yet.

Hi

Has anyone out there got a photo of Ouvea they may post on here?

I am sussing out cruises for my 40th next year and one of them has us spending the day there.

Thanks in advance :)

Check out this website. It sure looks stunning.

Okay, I know this will be going slightly off topic, but who is this Kylie? I've only been a member of the boards here for a few months and the name pops up here and there. It's made me a bit curious :p

Ouvea is very very humid, known to have sea lice in the water quite a few got bitten in January 09 on our cruise. Spend the the $2 each (was then) for a local to drive you to Moulie Beach.... IT is a very long walk and that heat not pleasant. Its very nice but you do have to look for shade bit like a seagull and a few chips LOL. A couple of "local stalls" not much as in souveniers just expensive coconuts with milk and hairbraiding etc.

P & O do sell chips and a few drinks if you wish to purchase them whilst on the beach.

Also you may be lucky to get one of the drivers to take you to the "church" we didnt go there as it was far too hot so after 4 hours of bobbling in the water etc, we headed back to the ship for lunch where it was nice a cool and spent the afternoon there.

Okay, I know this will be going slightly off topic, but who is this Kylie? I've only been a member of the boards here for a few months and the name pops up here and there. It's made me a bit curious :p

Sorry, this has become a running joke. Last year someone on this board phoned the P & O call centre and spoke to Kylie. The information she gave was questionable (to put it kindly). Since then her name has been used any time we want to suggest that the person will answer a question without checking into the matter completely. :):):)

Evon.

Sorry, this has become a running joke. Last year someone on this board phoned the P & O call centre and spoke to Kylie. The information she gave was questionable (to put it kindly). Since then her name has been used any time we want to suggest that the person will answer a question without checking into the matter completely. :):):)

Evon.

LOL. I still have an email sent to me last year by P&O answering one of my questions and it was signed by Kylie :D.

Hi

Has anyone out there got a photo of Ouvea they may post on here?

I am sussing out cruises for my 40th next year and one of them has us spending the day there.

Thanks in advance :)

I guess you have looked at the photos in the link that Karen gave, so all I can say is if you have an opportunity to go to Ouvea....GO

It is the most stunning island I have ever seen!!!!!

Anyway. Regarding the actual cruise - I'll be wearing a Port Adelaide Power top more than likely, so anyone who is sailing tomorrow, feel free to say hi. I'm mid 20's, short. That should be enough. I don't think there is a CC get together for this one.

Archived