which cruise to take

I am considering taking a cruise for christmas with my husband. We know we want to go on carnival. We cant decide if we want to take the conquest on the eastern carribean to nassau or the western carribean one to montego bay. WHcih one do you like better and why?;)

Having cruised/vacationed at all-inclusives many times at Christmas, I would lean towards whatever itinerary was "warmer" - especially during December. The Bahamas may be hit or miss with the temps. We have been there a few times at Christmas, and it has ranged from 60-75 degrees. The Caribbean, however, will pretty much guarentee you warmer temps - we have always had temps of 80 or better in Jamaica in December.

I'm about to go on the Conquest for my second time to the Western Carribbean. I've been to Freeport and Nassau on another cruise and didn't really care for either island. As much as I'd love to see Key West, I wouldn't take the Eastern cruise just for that port.

Cozumel is always a neat place to visit. I've been there twice already. Montego Bay is the only one that doesn't really excite me. There are several free beaches on Grand Cayman (Seven Mile Beach) that you can spend the day at. Food is VERY expensive there, so be prepared.

Stay away from Jamaica, its pretty bad there, I would do a cruise out of Miami like on theCarnival Valor which goes to Caymans, Belize, Isla Roatan and Cozumel or Costa Maya.

That would be the perfect first time cruise.

Fred

College station is in Texas. We are departing from galveston.

We are not going to Belize in jamaica, we would be going to montego bay, it is teh western carribean!!

Why do you suggest we go on teh western vs. the eastern going to the bahamas and key west?

Archived