New Orleans Hotels

rdemn

• 2 weeks later...

Hey rdemn-

We are booked on the 8/8/09 Fantasy as well and will be driving in from the Dallas area. Have never cruised from NO, so thanks for starting this. Maybe we will get some other suggestions.

I have a started a Roll Call if you want to join, not a lot of activity yet.

We don't sail for a while yet, but Im already looking at hotel prices. Our "getting there" plan has changed so much already. I looked at the Drury Inn's prices, for March 19 and it was like 199.00 for one night. Hope the price goes down between now and then.

Not to hijack your thread, but Ive also been looking at Bed and Breakfast's. I like that idea and so does DH. Neither of us have ever stayed at one before. So if anyone has any suggestions for one that is under 150.00 a night, then let us know.

Thanks

hotwire has a 4 star for $257 in the French Qtr, if you are going to pay those rates. March 20. For less than $10 more Id take the 4 star. I like hotwire and have used them before.

1. $257 silkHotRefNo:Ref No. 4.0-star French Quarter 5309500851

2. $67 silkHotSolNeighborhoodName1: 2.5-star hotel in Garden District Ref No. 6905102452

3. $89 per room per night silkHotSolNeighborhoodName2: 3-star hotel in Garden District

4. $248 per room per night silkHotSolNeighborhoodName3: 3-star hotel in French Quarter

We are thinking of doing the Triumph out of NO next march and I was too wondering about hotels. I figured I would do priceline. I definitely will be watching this thread and others like it because I was hoping to get a hotel near the port for around $100.

Those are really high prices, is that during Mardi Gras?

Even though I live here, I still get a hotel room in the FQ at least twice a year and have never paid more than $100.

The Garden District is nice and you can have brunch at Commander's and then take the Streetcar all the way to the river and you would be not far from the CC terminal.

Though you should be able to get a 3-star in the FQ for $99

You need to call the reservations line for Drury and ask for their NOLA cruise special rate - do not go by the online rates unless you have the code). We got it for $99 a night, and it was an absolute steal for that price! Great breakfast buffet, evening drinks and snacks, and free parking for the cruise. Very spacious rooms and large bathrooms. Made the cabins on the cruise feel very tiny. :D :D

When we were looking for hotels in NO that had free cruise parking we found them to be few and far between, with most charging nightly to park your car. We were used to Galveston, where most hotels are the opposite and free cruise parking is abundant.

Loved our time in New Orleans, enjoy!!!

I just called and made reservations for our party of 6. Was pleasantly surprised that they had a room to accomadate all 6 of us. The price for 12/18 was $179.99. They charge $15 per night parking for the nights you actually sleep there. Then, for the time you are on your cruise, the parking is free.

I am very excited about the idea of being able to park at the hotel and grab a cab to the port. While parking is ok at the port, it can get tricking when traveling with a large family and I want as stress free as can get.

I just called and made reservations for our party of 6. Was pleasantly surprised that they had a room to accomadate all 6 of us. The price for 12/18 was $179.99. They charge $15 per night parking for the nights you actually sleep there. Then, for the time you are on your cruise, the parking is free.

I am very excited about the idea of being able to park at the hotel and grab a cab to the port. While parking is ok at the port, it can get tricking when traveling with a large family and I want as stress free as can get.

Actually, your parking will be free while you are there unless things have changed (I'm guessing we're talking about the Drury Inn). When they emailed our confirmation, it mentioned the $15 a night parking. We called and asked and they said that ALL of our parking was free, and it really was.

All I know is that when I called about an hour ago, I was told that the night I am staying at the hotel would be $15 for my vehicle, then while I am on the cruise it would be free. If there is no fee for the night we stay great, but even if there is, I still thing it is a great deal.

I have stayed at the Best Western Landmark Hotel which is in the French Quarter, and I could stay there again. Rate would be $100, but I would need 2 rooms and then would have to park at terminal.

• 2 weeks later...
All I know is that when I called about an hour ago, I was told that the night I am staying at the hotel would be $15 for my vehicle, then while I am on the cruise it would be free. If there is no fee for the night we stay great, but even if there is, I still thing it is a great deal.

This is correct. We stayed there in March and even though the confirmation states there is a $15 parking fee, we were assured that there was no fee included in our package. They were right, we weren't charged for parking our two nights we stayed there or during the cruise. Although I wouldn't say it is necessarily a "secured" lot. It didn't seem unsafe, but neither was there a gate locked etc.

• 2 weeks later...

We're staying either at the Bourbon Orleans in the middle of the quarter, I think it was $150 or something for that Friday night.... $25 to park, but I love the hotel and it's totally worth the splurge. If we decide to save a little money we're staying at the Clarion at the end of Canal, still walking distance to everything, $54 a night and $14 to park. But we're parking at the pier for while we're on the cruise....

And no, August isn't Mardi Gras lol. That was in Feb/March

Archived