ETA Australia

juggles

Has anyone got a link whereby I can apply for an Australian Visa...i.e....ETA? I come across several webs that charge but I know that there shouldn't be a charge
Before you apply for and pay for an Australian visa, check with your TA to make sure it's not already covered in your booking/cruise payment. For U.S. citizens, Princess automatically applies for and obtains visas for passengers; it's part of your cruise cost.

Has anyone got a link whereby I can apply for an Australian Visa...i.e....ETA? I come across several webs that charge but I know that there shouldn't be a charge

sorry - misread and was going to tell you about getting the US ESTA form - got confused. We had to pay for our Australian visa but it was a couple of years ago and I cannot remember who we got it through - somewhere on line - sorry can't be of more help.

Before you apply for and pay for an Australian visa, check with your TA to make sure it's not already covered in your booking/cruise payment. For U.S. citizens, Princess automatically applies for and obtains visas for passengers; it's part of your cruise cost.

I agree with Pam, We have sailed Australia several times and Princess has always gotten the visa for us, no charge, it was included in the booking price. ;)

I agree with Pam, We have sailed Australia several times and Princess has always gotten the visa for us, no charge, it was included in the booking price. ;)

We did Australia with Princess on Sapphire Princess and we had to pay for our Australian visa - perhaps it is another way in which US and UK customers are treated differently. Has anyone else from the UK had their visa paid for by Princess, so that I know next time we go (which we certainly hope to:D)

We paid for ours seperatly, but that wasn't part of a package deal.

I'm not sure whether Australian Visa can be included as part of the booking as you have to give them your passport number etc, which is checked against the visa database before they let you board the plane in the UK?

British citizens do not have to pay for visas. We recently went around New Zealand and Australia on the Diamond Princess and got our visas through the website mentioned above for free.

Ha:)ppy cruising!

I'll make a note of that and then I won't forget next time we go 'down under' - hope to do a circumference cruise (if there is such a thing:confused:) of Australia someday.

I think you have to pay if you have an 'agent' organise the visas for you but why would you if you can get them free online - although not everyone has internet access of course.

Done it today, it was £20. That's on the Australian Embassy...Australia House London website

Why have you had to pay anything? If you go through the wizard on the Australia House site, it takes you to evisas and there is no charge if you are applying from the UK and only want to visit for a maximum of three months on any number of occasions within 12 months.

Am I missing something?

Why have you had to pay anything? If you go through the wizard on the Australia House site, it takes you to evisas and there is no charge if you are applying from the UK and only want to visit for a maximum of three months on any number of occasions within 12 months.

Am I missing something?

An ETA is $20 and eVisitor is Free.

Electronic Travel Authority (ETA)

For short term visits to Australia of up to three (3) months. Available to passport holders from over 30 countries, regions and locations. Applications must be made from outside Australia.

eVisitors

The eVisitor allows visitors to travel to Australia for business or tourism purposes for up to three (3) months. It is available to passport holders from the European Union and a number of other European countries.

e676 Tourist Visa

For people to visit Australia for holiday, sightseeing, social or recreational reasons, to visit relatives, friends or for other short-term non-work purpose. Tourist visas are available for a stay of three (3), six (6) or 12 months.

So the free of charge eVisitor visa is acceptable for going to Australia for a holiday of less than three months. Is this new? I seem to remember I did get ETAs for DH and I so I must have paid for them. If the eVisitor is okay, then that's what we will get next time.

I have been to Australia 7 times, and each time I have applied and paid for the ETA for AU$20.

I have never heard of an eVisitor.

New info for me as well, we applied for ETA's when we went last year and paid Aus $20, I note that the cost is now shown as £20 on the website. The evisitor is new it only came in from 27th October 2008 according to the Australian visa website.

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/evisitor/_pdf/fact-sheet-evisitor.pdf

New info for me as well, we applied for ETA's when we went last year and paid Aus $20, I note that the cost is now shown as £20 on the website. The evisitor is new it only came in from 27th October 2008 according to the Australian visa website.

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/evisitor/_pdf/fact-sheet-evisitor.pdf

Cheers for that link. Useful to know.

About eVisitor

On this page

Who is eVisitor for?

An eVisitor is designed for people who are outside Australia and want to visit Australia for tourism or business purposes.

Tourism includes holidays, recreation and seeing family and/or friends.

Business purposes may include attending a conference, negotiation or exploratory business visit.

How much will an eVisitor cost?

eVisitor applications are free, there is no application charge or service fee.

What does an eVisitor let me do?

You can stay in Australia for up to three months on each visit within a 12 month period from the date of grant.

1. About eVisitor
  2. How eVisitor Works
  3. Eligibility
  4. Obligations
  5. Applying for eVisitor

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/evisitor/

This is from the Australian Government - Department of Immigration and Citizenship website.

Electronic Travel Authority (ETA)

On this page

Available online 24 hours a day 7 days a week, for applicants outside Australia. An Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) allows the holder to travel to Australia as many times as required within the validity period, which is 12 months from the date of issue. The maximum length of each visit is three months.

An ETA is an electronically stored authority equivalent to a visa. There is no stamp or label placed in your passport.

ETAs are available to passport holders from a number of countries and regions.

See: ETA (Visitor) (Subclass 976) Eligibility

Individual Applicant ETAs

Individuals can apply online for the following ETAs:

• ETA (Visitor) (subclass 976)
  • ETA (Business Entrant - Short Validity) (subclass 977)

These ETAs do not attract a visa application charge, however there is a $20 service fee for each ETA applicant.

Note: Your travel agent or airlines can also book your ETA.

Travelling with family

All family members travelling to Australia with the ETA holder must have a visa or ETA.

Applying for an ETA

Important: Applications must be made from outside Australia.

To apply online for an ETA you will need:

• a current valid passport for each traveller and
  • a valid credit card (American Express, Diners Club, JCB, Mastercard or Visa).

See: Electronic Travel Authority (ETA)

Hope this information, direct from the Australian Government website, helps explain the reasons for the confusion.

Dorset Cruiser - I just returned Apr. 10 from a circumnavigation of Australia on Sun Princess, 28 days, wonderful cruise. I think Princess will be offering the same itinerary again next year. HAL also does a similar itinerary.

Archived