Wii Fit

babymomma

Toesinthewater, what is your name? Makes it easier I think when you know peoples names. I'm Sharon by the way. I have a friend that is a ICU nurse and she works 12 at night. Nice to have the other days off but a long one when you are working.

Supermomma, congratulations on booking your first cruise. Looks like it is on Carnival. What a great way to celebrate your anniversary.

Jo, been a little quiet from your neck of the woods lately, what have you been up to?

Candi, I read about your days on FB, everything seems to be going good for you and family.

cruizmama, keep up with that hula hoop and you'll get the hang of it. Just got to stop and lean into those new ones they throw at you, for some reason I found I'm really good at it. Must be those ample hips!

Hi all!

I am exhausted for no reason whatsoever. My eyes are burning. Unfortunately I doubt I will meet my Wii fit goal for tomorrow as I would have to lose 1.3 pounds or something. My trip to the water park, pizza and cookie dough ice cream gave me a little set back. Took 2 days to get back to my before weight and I'm down a little today. Still steadily going down, but eating more then I used to. Have to get my tummy ready for all that cruise food!! I'm feeling good where I am anyway, from here on out any loss is all bonus :D. For the first time in forever I am happy with my body. Since I was already happy with my family and even with my job- which has improved since my new office got finished so I am as close to perfect as one can get right now I suppose :cool:

I cant wait for this cruise. I have nothing but great vibes about it! :cool:

Happily, this process has taught me a lot about portion size and I can look at something and almost guess the amount of calories in it based on the ingrediants and size. that will be helpful on this trip. My downfall will be fruity drinks- Hey, even if you are dieting you are still on vacation! Who can resist a slushy with an unbrella in it. Besides, it usually has a chunk of fruit on the side so that makes it a healthy snack right? lol! I refuse to be freaky about it though- because something else I have learned is that I can take off whatever I gain. Once I am home I bet I can shed the weight in a week or so. No worries here!

We'll see if i ever make the gym on the ship. Dave is not a fan. He said I may get him to run the deck, but honestly there are only 2 sea days so I bet we will just be relaxing. oh well... I've only ever seen the inside of the ship gym on a tour. Why mess up my streak now huh?

Have any of you done the roll call and meet and greet thing? We usually keep to ourselves, but I have always wanted to be one of those people who makes new friends on vacation. We are doing our meet and greet on first sea day. I'm kinda nervous about it... just wondered if anyone had done it.

Talk to u all again soon! Keep up the good fight!!

Candi

We always do the meet & greet. After talking on the boards to people on your ship for several months before the cruise, its kinda like you know them and want to see what they are like in person. Usually have some type of game where you exchange items, maybe around $10. Its a fun time, not intimidating at all. Then you see different ones you have met throughout the rest of the cruise. We have also set up independent tours with some of the other cruisers and gotten better prices than the ships tours.

No Wii today, went shopping instead. Looking for a higher waisted swim suit bottom. Should have went to Penny's, saw they had them on their web-site, but went to Penny's outlet instead and they didn't have them. I did buy a whole swim suit though and the price was only $29.00. I find that the size 12 tall, is good for me, I don't have to pull it up to cover my top or pull it down to cover my bottom. Most of the 12's were too tight, but this brand actually fit good. Good to say I still buy size 12's! :D

You'll enjoy the meet & greet Candi. I've gone on my last 2 cruises and have had a fun time. The one on the Pearl was the best as they gave us 2 free games of bowling on our last night at sea, free drinks too!

I'm still working on losing the pounds I found on my cruise. :o At least I did get on the wii this morning.

Have a great weekend all!

Hi, to all my Wii bud's , Sounds like everyone is doing well. I am down right at 4 #. Eating lots of veggies and fish this week...easy to be good as hubby ill and I don't have to cook ( or eat his cooking as he is an awesome cook). I'm hoping to get back to my Wii tomorrow, but will treadmill later this evening ( ok night)!

PS My name is Nita and Bloody Mary's have veggies in them...does that count as salad!!! LOL

Edited by toesinwater

Little miss Wii trainer kicked my behind again today, but I managed to get through the yoga and the strength exercises. No pain , No gain I guess. Has anyone tried the Jillian Michaels Wii (I think it is the Ultimate 2009 or 2010 Fitness)? I think I need some variety. it takes me 1 1/2 hour to do an hour worth of Wii fitness. I wish you could speed it up somehow. Although, the breathers can be nice toward the end of the workout!!LOL

Hi Nita, you have been doing terrific, I have missed a couple of days of Wii. Did a walk yesterday and then my Zumba class. Really had a lot of women at the class, gonna run out of room if more people come! It really did me in though, slept good last night.

I have found the segway and the bicycle programs in Wii and they are a lot of fun. Although with the bicycle thing I had a hard time finding my way back to the starting line. Got pretty good at hitting the balloons on my segway! There are so many fun things in Fitness Plus, I love to try them. I don't have the Jillian program, don't feel the need to get anything else at this point.

I do great at the exercise, I just can't keep that darn food away from my mouth! Everyday think...new day...new start. Then by noon I have ate something chocolate or sugary. I have even sat here reading the different threads about losing weight, while eating a Dove bar! Now how sick is that!! Aarrgghh gonna have to get serious again.:mad:

oh hon I think we have all been there- eating while thinking about losing weight. I distinctly remember watching a woman walk by at a restaurant and saying aloud to my husband "I wish I could be that skinny" as soon as I finished saying it I put the fork in my hand in my mouth and finished my big ol' slice of cheesecake. LOL. You have to laugh. As long as you are enjoying life and getting some exercise you are doing better then 80% of the population who doesn't have a workout plan at all. You'll get there- just have to stop stressing about it and then it just happens. haha- that was my same advice that I gave to single friends about finding a husband. I guess it works with all things in life- stop stressing and things will just work out ;)

I totally agree about the stress and about the chocolate!!! I have been doing ok with the "keeping my lips off the chocolate" at work and home so far... my sweet daughter just called and asked me to come to a Chocolate Party with her on Saturday. I told her I would have to decline as I have a cute pr of capris I want to wear on embarkation day!!!! Superbowl will be bad enough as I will have to have a snack or two with my glass of Chocolate Stout ( beer from a local microbrew). LOL Prob will do an extra lap or two on the tread this weekend to make up for it. ps. what is Zumba

Edited by toesinwater
add question

Candi that is so funny, thought I was the only one that does stuff like that. If only wishing made is so! Seems I have been struggeling with this for so long, if I would just do it right I could get to the weight I want to be, but no every day I eat more than enough for a small army. Wouldn't you think at some point I would just do it???

Nita I envy your will power passing up the chocolate party for your capris, I probably would have thought...how often do you get this chance and went anyway.

No Wii today, my plump little Mii is going to wonder where I am, but I had Zumba today and she added a couple of new routines, really got me worn out. :rolleyes:

Hi all, I'm new to the board and delighted to find this thread as BF and I are wii addicts since buying it for ourselves at Xmas.

We have daily routines but love the golf and bowling too.

Since taking it seriously over the past 4 weeks we have lost over half a stone each. we are looking forward to our first cruise on the Sapphire in April and are really keen to get fitter and healthier.

We are Brits living in Spain and would love to meet and greet anyone going on our Mex cruise.

Hi all!

Welcome to all our latest members! Wii sure is a fun way to get fit!

Sharon ~ not too much going on here, just wishing I were cruising soon! I've been Wiiing faithfully every day but Sunday! I'm keeping away from obese so that's good. Zumba sounds like great fun!

skeggers ~ good for you & BF. My DD & her H got it for Christmas too & love it. They seem to be competing on it. Which Mex cruise are you going on? Have you joined the roll call for it so you can chat with people going on the same cruise?

Yesterday I made a Mii for DH & got him to do the body test. Of course he's normal, on the borderline of overweight while I'm at the top of that scale.:mad:

Well, I'm headed in to see what I can achieve today ~ I finally got on the next level of Bubble Balance & Ski Jump. At this rate I might be opening the Wii Fit Plus in the summer!;)

Take care.

~Jo~ :)

Hello ladies my name is Tera and I got my Wii for Christmas, have not really been motivated until I saw this tread! I can't wait to hop on it. I have 3 kiddos 5yr, 3yr, and 19 mo. so working out around school and nap schedules can be rough!

Tera

Do any of you use Wii Active? I am doing the 30 day challenge and it is really kicking my butt! Makes me work harder than I want to which is what I need. Using it might solve the problem for the person who was saying that it took her 1 1/2 hours to do an hour of Wii because you are not switching controls as you switch from exercise to exercise as it tells you what to do.

Welcome to all the newbies, glad to hear your enjoying your wii's!

I think the wii active gives me a better workout parisbound, I feel so much better after working out to it. I haven't done the 30 day challenge as my work schedule does not allow enough time for it.

Have a great weekend all, heading away for a few days to wash away these wintertime blues!

had a bad day today. I've been lucky enough all winter to not have as much as a sniffle, but today my throat was on fire! Unfortunately for me that means shoving everything i see in my mouth because for some reason it makes my throat feel better to swallow scratchy stuff. I dont know- I know I consumed enough calories for probably 3 days in my regular world. AND i couldn't work out because when i would get out of breath it dried out my already scratchy throat. Guess I will just write off today and get back on hardcore tomorrow. We leave in 14 days so I only have 13 more opportunities to work out before my cruise. Need to make every day count from here on out! My stomach is angry with me. I feel awful. Days like this make it easier to eat less, when you overeat your stomach gets mad and hurts. Wish I could go to bed and start over- wait, I can! :D

Tomorrow is another day...

Hang in there Candi! Tis the season for colds and scratchy throats. Lots of good handwashing in order. Just finished my Wii workout and now hubby wants to go out for Chinese food...oh well just have to order something with lots of veggies! Treadmill date tonoc> Keep up the good work everyone.