Wii Fit

babymomma

Haven't posted here for a while either, kind of got out of the habit of Wii'ing, instead got into zumba. I do Zumba toning on Mondays, regular Zumba on Wednesday and Body Sculpting on Saturday mornings which consists of using weights. I was using 4 and 6 pound weights but have been challenging myself the last two weeks and using 6 and 8 pounds. Hoping to get some definition in my arms for sleeveless blouses and top. Have had such rainy days here lately I am thinking of firing up the Wi today. I did really enjoy it when I was doing it daily.

Jo, items in bulk are never a good thing! I never know when to quit.

Sue it's almost Friday, and then Saturday, hang in there.

Hi all!

timeormoney ~ yes, I'll have to keep away from that store, easily done actually as it's a one hour drive to it. Zumba sounds like fun.

sue ~ I finally started my Wii Fit Plus & really like it. It has the same stuff as Wii Fit but other games too. I'm learning how do do things & am getting better each day. I finally

attached the Nunchak so opened up new games. It also tells you approx.how many calories you've burned (not enough!!).

I hope the rest of you are out exercising!! Have a nice weekend!

~Jo~ :)

OK, so I have the wii fit and got the wii fit plus for Christmas...a gift I have not actually broken the seal on yet :o. I got all depressed about my weight and the groan the stupid board lets out was...disheartening at best but I am going to go back and give it another REAL shot this time. I will have my countdown clock at the bottom of my post later today after I weigh in. I can really track my progress since I haven't even been trying to lose weight in over a year. Time to stop being so lazy and get with the program! Wish me luck :D

My board does the same "groan" when I step on too. In fact it was making some comments also, what nerve! I'm afraid I have been lax in doing it lately as the weather is nicer and I prefer to be outside. I do enjoy it though and really should make a half an hour or so to get back into it.

Jo, wanted to let you know I have a new name because I got my computer into such a mess it would not recognize me anymore, I am the old rose43. Glad to see you are still wiing, hows the bowling going are you beating everyone else yet? I see Sue and Debby on FB quite a bit so keep up with them on there. Still fighting the battle of the bulge, more or less maintaining instead of losing though, frustrating!

Good evening all!

I still haven't got back into the habit of wii-ing in the morning yet. I too prefer to be outside enjoying the fresh air. We got up to 80 today and that's almost to hot for April.

Have a wonderful day all & keep up the exercising. As long as were moving we're doing something! :D

Hi all!

Welcome to the new folks. Sure hope you have as much fun on the Wii as I do.

Sharon ~ too bad about losing your old name! Well, this session I'm really bad at my Wii bowling league. Even when I practised at home I still sucked there where it counts.

Guess my team will be on the bottom again but we sure have a lot of laughs!!

I've often wondered what the difference is between "great" & the groan when you step on!:confused:

Take care & keep moving!

Hi All! I would like to join you!! I have the wii fit but don't get on it very much!! We're cruising May 2011 & I would love to lose 30 - 40 pounds before we go! I need help getting motivated to use the wii more!!

Jean

Hello everyone!

Glad to see you guys are still at it!

Its been so long since I posted on here! My daughter and I are performing at our local community theatre and the rehearsals have kept us busy- plus the wonderful (and strange) weather we have been having has had us outside working on projects. I must confess that I have REALLY been a slacker since I returned from the cruise (Almost 2 months ago!!:eek:) Fortunately I am lucky enough to have not gained anything back yet. Easter was tough- all those reese's eggs in the house.. but they are gone now and seemingly no harm done. I really need to get back into the swing of my program and lay off the pizza and chocolate!lol. Went shopping the other day because everyone keeps telling me my clothes look awful. I'm still trying to wear my size 10's and they are a little saggy. Its hard for me to pick up the smaller sizes because I still dont believe that I am smaller! Evidently I am now a size 6 :eek: I can't even believe it as I am writing it! Lord willing, I will get my act together and stay a size 6! I need to make it a priority again :) Wish me luck!!

Candi

Hi all!

Candi ~ good for you, keeping the weight off. A size 6 wow that's great!

I'm really liking the Wii Fit Plus. My DD was here on Sat. & helped me

to know how to do the various things.

dontpanik ~ yes, sometimes the Wii can be rude!:rolleyes: Yesterday I didn't meet my goal but it didn't make a big fuss so that was good. Get with the program & join the fun!:D

I'm heading off to Wii after this then this afternoon's my Wii bowling league. I'm

really doing poorly this session.:(

Take care & keep moving!

I have been using my Wii Fit Plus for almost a month now, at least 3 times a week!

I want to lose 75 lbs before my cruise Jan 2011!

I haven't read this whole thread, but my thing to do is a routine I made up on the WiiFit Plus that is about 20 minutes then I do Advance Step and Rhythm Boxing for 10 minutes, sometimes I do Free Step. I try for at least 30 minutes, but sometimes I do 40. I end my workout on my exercise bike for anywhere between 20-45 minutes.

Hello everyone, I need to get back on the Wii Board! I have been so bad since We got back from our cruise in March, went immediately back to work, then hubby sick again etc etc...one excuse after another. Just booked our next cruise for next March tho and need to stay/get fit!!! I lost 10 # before my last cruise and only gained about 5# back and that wasn't until I'd been home for 3 weeks. I even have to charge up my Wii Balance board as the battery went dead..NOW THAT's BAD!!!

Hi all!

murfturf ~good for you, sounds like you have a good plan to lose the weight & have fun doing it! BTW you sure started your cruising on a great ship! I liked FOtS so much last Nov I booked it again this one!;)

toes ~ well, you're mendng your ways so that's good.:D

I've just recently found out how to connect the nunchak so have opened up more things to do. I really like some of the new things on Fit Plus as they seem to make you feel like you're exercising rather than just playing games. Our Wii bowling league is over for this session & our team is on the bottom again!:(

Well Wii on folks! Take care.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all!

Guess you've all been doing exercise outdoors, like gardening, biking, taking long walks.

I just returned from my Alaska cruise & haven't gotten on the Wii again yet, maybe tomorrow. I'm a bit afraid to see what effect double desserts has on a body!;) Of course there was some walking & stair climbing to try to offset the damage.

Take care.

I still get on mine everyday, practically!

I haven't been doing the Wii Fit Plus nearly as much, I started a 30 Day Challenge on the EA Sports Active game. It's really good and I'm getting in great workouts. Today I did Workout 14, Day 20. 6 workouts and 10 days to go! I also got on my exercise bike for 60 minutes after the workout.

I'm down about 26 lbs - would love to be 60 lbs lighter for my cruise in January!

I have decided to get off my butt and lose some weight.I do not like having to go to a gym so am looking at the Wi.

Which accessories would you recommend for someone 59 starting excerise for 1st time in 7 years since retirement..I do have a bit of balance problem at times .I would love to lose 15-20 lbs . esp in belly/midsection area.

Next cruise Oct

Hi all!

travelling fools ~ welcome to the thread. I'm one of the more recent people here but am still loving my Wii Fit & Wii Fit Plus. If you read back through the pages you'll see what others are using. I like the Wii as it's something you can do in your home when you want & as mild or strenuous as you desire. There are balance "games", yoga, aerobics & strength training. I'm using it for 30 minutes a day to get me off the couch & away from the tv plus keep myself away from the "obese" label as you can weigh in & find out your BMI each day. I started off on a Wii bowling team & then looked into the other options. On the basic Wii there are 5 sports to play bowling, tennis, baseball,golf & boxing.

On my recent cruise there were Wii activities such as men vs women archery which looked like fun.

Well I hope this helps with your decision.

Take care.

• 1 month later...

Ok it is official 2 more shifts and I'm on vacaton for 1 month..time to start exercising and getting ready for the Mardi Gras and spring cruise. Wii fit and Jillian Michaels look out! I am hoping to lose 15 # for a start and then will see from there!

Hi all!

toes ~ nice to see you back here. Have a great vacation & have fun while losing weight!

I'm still doing my Wii Fit Plus 6 days a week but am not doing it to lose weight just to keep active. I really enjoy it except for the daily weigh in.:rolleyes:

Take care.

• 4 weeks later...

I posted on this thread a long time ago. At that time I was really using my Wii. Then we packed it up to take on vacation with us in February and somehow it never came out of the box again until this week. Out of sight, out of mind I guess. I'm trying to get back into the swing of spending some time each night working out. Just got the new Gold's Gym Dance Workout and it is so much fun. Watching me learning to Salsa and all the other Latin Dances is quite entertaining. My DH asked if I knew my right foot from my left foot - after that I banished him to another room while I was on the Wii.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm one of those who was gung ho on using my wii before my cruise last year. Since then I've been very lax on exercising except for walking outside. Now that the air is turning cooler I've decided to get back on my Wii. Today makes my 2nd in a row that I've been back in the saddle. :D

Happy Wii'ing all!

I like the Dance Workout but haven't done it the last week or so. We've been moving my craft room to a room in the basement so we can turn the upstairs room into a guest room for our grandkids. So my exercise has been unloading 4 big cabinets and helping to haul them downstairs. Then it's a lot of trips up and down the steps to get everything from those cabinets down to the new space. So that has been workout for the last two weeks. But I plan to get back to "Wii-ing" in the next day or so once everything set up in both rooms.

Hi all!

Welcome back Sue!

It sure is getting cooler & with people back indoors maybe this thread will pick up.;)

I have been doing my Wii faithfully but have let my eating take over so now am back

where I started! :( I have to smarten up & lose the 13 lbs I gained since I retired 3 years ago, my 1st goal then I should work on the 20 I was over to begin with!:eek:

checkard ~ yes that sounds like a lot of exercise moving all that stuff! I sure would like to try a dance workout as it sounds like fun!

Take care.