Wii Fit

babymomma

just got through with my workouts..40" walking and 20" with Wii Active..sweating like a pig ( do pigs really sweat?) does that mean I lost more calories than it says I did? Wow check..congrats on the loss while on cruise..yes we need to cruise and lose!!!! Walk it out sounds fun..I'm excited about the Zumba for Wii ( suppose to be out thursday). Go for it everyone!! Wii ON !!

Did some Wii over the weekend. Did so much bowling that my arms are a little sore. I was bowling once left handed and the next time right handed so that I was using both arms. I'm actually left handed but didn't do too bad with the right hand. We got the Cars racing game for our grandson so I had to let him have a little game time every once in a while. Now that I did a little Salsa dancing on the cruise maybe that workout will be a little easier for me. I think I recognized the names of some of the steps that we learned.

I think we'll be a lot more active on the next cruise. We were with someone who had a walking problem and we tended to take things slower and do more sitting than we normally do on a cruise. Didn't want him to feel like he was holding us back. And the crappy weather didn't help either.

I need to check out the Walk It Out thing. Sounds like fun.

Hi all!

Glad to hear you're all doing something with the Wii. I'm sticking with Fitness Plus until I master some things.

Don't know if I asked this before but does anybody else have a problem when doing the hula hoop? I can do hundreds when swaying left but less than 20 when going right?!!:eek:

checkard ~ I was sailing at the same time as you & know where your 3lbs went to!!;)

Yep right on my tummy!:p

Take care.

~Jo~ :)

Jo - I had to think about your question. Are you right handed? I am better swaying right than I am left even though I am left handed.

Sorry you found my 3 pounds. I saw a really skinny girl on the cruise and I was hoping to donate a lot more than 3 pounds to her.

Edited by checkard

Glad to hear someone besides me has trouble hula hoopin on Wii..now I have a real hula hoop and don't do to bad.. I just ordered the Zumba for Wii and am excited to get it. I would love to take salsa lessons..maybe It will be offered on this cruise, meanwhile sticking to my walking routine and Wii active. for now. GO Girls ( and Guys if there are any Wii ing) LOL

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I just finished doing a 5K on my treadmill ( 1 degree outside) 63.44 min and burned 425 cal. DH is ill and I'm dieting of course so won't sabotage myself with a big dinner. ready for a day of football and crocheting now ( after I fill the wood ring , start the laundry and finish my ironing. ( gotta go back to work tomorrow)

Hi all!

Glad to hear you're all doing something with the Wii. I'm sticking with Fitness Plus until I master some things.

Don't know if I asked this before but does anybody else have a problem when doing the hula hoop? I can do hundreds when swaying left but less than 20 when going right?!!:eek:

checkard ~ I was sailing at the same time as you & know where your 3lbs went to!!;)

Yep right on my tummy!:p

Take care.

I have problems with it too Jo, can't hula to the right for anything. :D

I need to hide the Cars racing game from my hubby. Maybe then I could take my turn on the Wii.

Did it work checkard? :rolleyes:

just finished my walking workout..today. 43 minutes, 300 cal, 2.25 miles...Yah team! Have to take DH to PT appt so will have to Wii this afternoon.

Go toes!

I'm still waiting for my Walk It Off to arrive, was supposed to be delivered today but it didn't make it. Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow.

Have a great weekend all!

doing great on my walking routine...just tried my Zumba for Wii today..I really need Zumba for the handicapped because I am so uncoordinated! but will keep trying. there are some folks at work that are taking an actual Zumba class and maybe they can teach me some of the basic steps ( at my speed)!!!

Hi all!

Glad to hear everyone's keeping active! I haven't been on the Wii for the last few days as I did something to my back & when I went from sitting to standing I screamed with pain. It's still a little tender.

toes ~ it'll be interesting to hear how you do with Zumba.

Thanks for the support on hula hoop, glad to hear I'm not the only one with the problem. Geez when I was young I was terrific at the real thing! Of course that was 50 years or so ago!:eek: BTW checkard I am right handed.

Have a nice weekend.

I got my Walk It Off in the mail today but I haven't even opened it yet. Today was the day to put up the Christmas tree and get the house ready for guests next weekend.

I did do the Wii Active this morning though, so far so good!

Have a great weekend all!

Didn't do any Wii but I walked in our town's holiday parade to support Carly's Crusaders - a group formed in memory of a friend's 5-yr old daughter, Carly Mitchell, who passed away in May from DIPG (brain tumor). Carly would have been 6 years old tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm finally convinced that I've actually lost my first 10# ( I have kept it off for about a week now) and am starting on my next 10. This is the tough one. I'm still walking and doing Wii active when at home and trying to find a 30 minute window to walk @walk ( when and if I get a lunch break) I am a little frustrated with the Zumba for Wii..I do pretty good with the slow steps keeping up with the instructor but then she takes it "up temp" and sticks another little quick step in that I can't follow..maybe I show start with a different program? Any Dancing with 2 Left Feet DVDs out there?

I have been doing the Wii Fit Plus for about 12 months. I stopped smoking and of course packed on about 25 pounds... Monday, Wed. and Friday I do 49 minutes of Yoga and Strength. Monday thru Friday I go into town and my 84 yo mom and I do 23 minutes of yoga and strength before work. On Tues, Thurs and on weekends, I play the games and work on step, hula hoop and other aerobics and balance exercises.

I have managed to drop about 13 pounds, but have been stuck for the last couple months. My cruise leaves in a week, but still I hope it eventually comes off. I haven't read all the posts yet; does anybody on shipboard do Wii Fit?

I have played "slacker" this week getting ready for Christmas, but am headed to the treadmill ( and maybe the Wii after) It is very hard to diet during the Holidays but so far haven't strayed to far. Just have to keep trying on the party dress I want to wear for motivation!

Hi all!

bfs2718 ~ wow that's terrific your 84 yr old Mom does yoga & strength. Go Mom!!

I like the balance & aerobics on Wii Fit too. After 500+ days I still don't have 4 stars in that darn ski jump skill! WTG quitting smoking! Have fun on your cruise.

toes ~ I have trouble keeping up on "Just Dance". I sure like the music though.;)

If you find dancing with 2 left feet let me know!:D

checkard ~ good for you walking in the parade. So sorry to hear of such a young child

dying.

sue ~ have you opened that walk it off yet?

Have a great week & a Merry Christmas & happy, healthy 2011 everyone.

Wow this is a hard week to fit exercise into..but am trying. the treadmill in relatively easy to access and yet there is it in another room! LOL but have made a deal with myself ..no walkie..no goodie!!! Good luck to all in this season of multiple tasks and mega treats!

It's been crazy with getting back from the cruise on Dec 18 and having to finish Christmas shopping, decorate and cook. But now I'm hoping to be doing more on the Wii.

Good news.......no weight gain at all on the cruise or so far over the holidays. We did a lot of walking and swimming and by the 10th day we were tired of food so that helped.

Anyone get any new Wii games under the tree? We got a new controller so now we can play a lot of the games together. But of course we need to go buy a new steering wheel so hubby can race the grandson in the Cars Wii.

DH got Jeopary for Wii so wants to play that instead of letting me use the Wii Fit made a deal that I will play only after a short 30min workout ( he says I always say I'm only going to do 30 minutes and end up with 40-60..LOL but it's fun!!!!) 9#'s to go and 60 days to do it. ( hitting the Mardi Gras scene for a couple of days prior to sailaway) How fun is that going to be...looking forward to it as it is 19 degrees and falling here in Oregon tonoc.