Wii Fit

babymomma

Hi all!

Glad to hear everybody's at least thinking Wii even if they're not doing it!

I do it most every day except Sunday for 30 minutes. I so want to try my Fit Plus but still only have 2 & 3 stars in some things.:(

I had to change my goal as I wasn't going to meet it (again!). I do

love snacking & it shows!!;)

Candi ~ you've done amazing! Guess that cruise is right around the corner now, eh?

Deb ~ where are you hiding?

Take care & Wii on!

~Jo~ :)

3 sick kids, husband gone ( military ) and "that time" of the month! I have been a bad Wii girl! Today is a new day.....I WILL get back on the board! I really need to loose about 10-12 #'s any words of support? I'm going to check in everyday that way I can't slack. Thanx.

Tera

Tera so sorry to hear of the stressful day today for you! Hope eveyone feels better soon.

Nita sounds like you are getting it done! Don't you hate spending money on something like a "water heater"?

Jo, good for you still going on the programs, I have gotten up to 3 stars, professional designation on some games, but I just wonder if it is even possible to get all the stars.

Sue I had been doing the Wii everyday and then my Mii made a "snotty" comment about me not having a problem with commitment! I'm sure she didn't mean it like it sounded, but my first thought was to quit for a while. So I missed a few days and she has not mentioned it again! How about that getting aggravated with an avitar!

So I have been doing the snowboarding and sking (in honor of the olympics). The other day I did soccer for the first time. It really tests your reflexes.

Skeggers I don't know of anything that would make the platform higher unless you made something up yourself. Maybe you could invent something and make yourself a bundle of $$$$.

hey everybody!

WOW have I been busy getting ready for this trip! We are leaving in exactly 6 minutes. This week I was not so great on the diet, but I have an upper respiratory infection. I dont know about you all, but when my throat hurts i eat A LOT! Something about the food scratchy my throat that makes me feel better- at least for that split second where I am swallowing. lol. I tried to eat lower calorie scratchy stuff though. Will try to keep myself in check on this cruise and choose the healthier options when more than one thing looks good. and have to avoid that ice cream machine on lido. Hope i dont sleep walk to it! :D I know that when I come back I will have some work to do! Will check in with you all around March 2nd. Until then, keep up the good fight :)

Candi

wow I hope Candi doesnt spend all cruise with a cold/sore throat...would be such a bummer.

I'm still being faithful with the treadmill and will re- acquaint myself with my WII MII tonight ( after a long nap when I get home from work).

Yes Rose, I do hate to spend money on such mundaine things as a hot water heater...but then again....I do love my hot baths/showers!!!!LOL

I shoveled snow this morning too! It had started to melt already so I helped it get off the driveway and sidewalk. It was really heavy wet stuff. Then I had about 1 1/2 hrs until my Zumba class. But that went well too, I was afraid I would be too tired after shoveling. Some of the "girls" were talking about the different things they did in Wii. One said she was playing tennis with her husband but with her left hand. She noticed after a while you could let the machine know you were playing left handed and it made a big difference. I'm not left handed but for anyone who is maybe that will help.

If I could do the slolum like they do in the Olympics I could get all 4 stars! Not much chance of that happening. ;)

Hi all!

We're waiting for the snow to get here. Apparently it's hit Toronto & is on the way east.

Just the time I don't want any as I have appts. in Town.:(

Glad to hear I'm not the only problem skier! I hate ending up in a big snowball!

Anybody else have more trouble hula hooping in one direction than the other? I can only do 15 when I circle to the right but over 200 to the left!:eek:

Well it is fun & gets me off the couch which is the main thing!;)

Take care.

Hi all! I am new here and I just started with my Wii games. They sat in the box for a few months...sighs.

Anyway, I did Wii Walk it Out today and it was fun! I really enjoyed keeping beat to the music and while it wasn't a really intense workout, I wanted to start small. I am going from rather sedentary to active and I have asthma so I didn't want too much at first. I think I might box a little later after my kids have their turns. I really like the boxing..and it relieves stress!

My goal is to lose a pants size but I wouldn't mind losing about 30 pounds before our Med cruise in September. I figure that is about 5 pounds a month which sounds easy, right? I already eat pretty well but I am going to start back on WW online to keep track of my calories.

Glad to be here and I am so trying to be motivated this time!

I have been a total slug this weekend and now it's back to work..oh well I know I will "run my butt off" at work!!! I know doesn't count. Yes I too, have more flexiblity on one side than the other with the Hula Hoop ( right less flex) and I'm right handed but have had knee surgery on that side and having a bit of a problem getting balanced again.

Hi all!

We got some wet heavy snow too but not too much.

rian90 ~ welcome to the "club". My Wii sat in the box & actually my daughter used it before setting it up here. Yes, start small, don't want to hurt yourself.

toes ~ the Wii has pointed out my lack of stretch on one side. It also says I should be 10 lbs less than I think, neither of which numbers I'm aiming for. I just want to lose the 10 lbs I gained when I retired.:D

Well, take care & Wii when you can.

I was right..work was busy this week...Full House every night ..as for my butt...well still there but it really isn't my problem area...belly on the other hand is. At least I haven't had much time for lunch breaks..one more shift tonight then 3 nocs off and Time to WII...have managed the tread all week and am maintaining my earlier loss...Good Luck with the snow everyone (from the East) you are getting all of ours ( and I'm fine with sharing, cept we will be suffering with no water this summer).

Hi all!

Sure has been quiet on this thread this past week!

Toes ~ well at least you're getting a lot of exercise at work. I put on weight after I

retired because of the lack of activity, no stairs here, no standing for 8 hours or moving around. I see your cruise is fast approaching, you must be getting excited!!

I wonder how Candi's doing.

Well, a bit more reading & I'm off to Wii. Have a great weekend!

I'M HOME!! It feels amazing to be home!! I got on the scale and was very afraid! I only gained 3 pounds though- and I expected the worst! I was really putting the bread away at dinner! LOL! Will post pics to Facebook soon but only just got home and am exhausted. After about the third day of the trip I was tired of eating and actually missed my oatmeal and banana breakfast and light soup lunches. The food was heavy and made me feel sick. (and the pizza stunk- which was good since i love pizza!!) Ididnt like their oatmeal though so I had eggs. The desserts were awful so I didnt eat them- too sugary for me! And I guess I shrunk my stomach a lot because I could never finish my dinners. Its all good though. Less work to do now. I do think that we will probably not go with Carnival any more. I think their quality is sliding fast. I held to my promise to myself though and by Sunday morning I no longer had a sore throat or runny nose. A little bit of a cough, but by Monday night I was in karaoke heaven :D It was wonderful to get away, but I missed my girls terribly and by about Wednesday we were both ready to be home with them. We made the trip home in 18 hours- from miami to Northern Ohio, which is not bad, but Dave was driving like a maniac and ignoring all requests for breaks :) I tried to put my ipod on and sleep as much as possible to make the time go faster.

Well its good to be home and I cant wait to get back on my diet track tomorrow! No more restaurants and travel junk! YAY!! Good to be home with you all!!

Candi

Hi all!

Candi ~ welcome back! Good for you only gaining 3 lbs! I never eat bread with dinner here but enjoy it on a cruise too. Too bad the food wasn't more to your liking. Looking forward to seeing some pictures when you get around to it.

toes ~ your cruise is getting close now ~ lucky you! Enjoy!

Well, our Wii bowling league has started up again. Too bad I got the lowest score last week but hope to do better tomorrow.:D

rian90 ~ how's it going with your exercising? Are you liking it?

Take care & Wii on ladies!

Welcome home Candi! Not bad on only gaining 3 lbs! I'm still working on getting rid of the 5 I found on mine in December. I'm just not motivated much to get on my wii.

In case I forget to tell you later toes, have a great cruise!

Have a wonderful day all!

Good for you Candi, I'll look for the pictures on FB. I'm beginning to wonder about going on another cruise, seems like so many that go are not all that happy with the outcomes anymore. We have experienced that ourselves before too. We usually go every year, but have not made any reservations yet. I guess it depends on the ship and the destination, food seems to be the first place they cut to save money.

Toes, after working so much I'm sure you are going to enjoy your cruise, just getting away for awhile will recharge your batteries!

Jo, your gonna have to practice at home a little more so you can show up those other bowlers. About the bread, I don't ever eat it at home either but love the rolls for dinner on a cruise.

Sue, good luck with the 5 pounds, sometimes those last ones are the hardest to get rid of. I didn't look back far enough, did you enjoy your cruise and like the food?

wow can hardly believe , only 2 plus days til cruise time! I'm counting down by shifts and only have 2 shifts plus 3 hours and a mtg!!!! KEEP ON WIIing!!! I doubt I will be as will-powerful ( that can't possibly be a word) as you Candy as I enjoy any food I don't have to cook and I also enjoy the Patron and chocolate!!! and don't let myself partake of much at home ( otherwise I would weigh a ton!!) I plan to get lots of walking in too.

YAY! Enjoy your cruise! Hope your food is better tasting! I didnt really exercise any will power. I would take three pieces of bread at dinner just in case he didnt come back- which he rarely did. And I ordered the pasta on more then 1 occasion. yummy! We went up to the chocolate buffet, but honestly it was just yucky. Ice cream machine got plenty of use though :D I think because it was only for a week your body is still in high gear in the calorie burning zone, so you get to feed off that for the week. I tried to work out last night though and man did i get winded quick! we did do a lot of walking on the ship and at port (4 miles to town in Cozumel and through the jungle in Belize) but Dave refused to take the stairs unless there was a long wait at the elevators. He said he was on vacation and he wasnt taking the stairs. I thought it was funny though that he always wanted to take the stairs when I was in heels and a dress. I would just take the shoes off, hike up the dress and head on up. People probably talked about me.. lol. Oh well! But really- enjoy every second of your trip because (and I would know) when you get home life comes at you fast and your trip is like a distant dream....

Toes I have heard Holland America is very nice, have you been on the Oosterdam before and where are you cruising to? The last cruise we were on had a time in the afternoon for people to Wii. I never got to do it bacause there were always so many people lined up for it. But, it gave me the incentive to come home and buy my own. I'm glad I did too. So anyway maybe you can keep on Wii ing while on the cruise on sea days. We have always only went on NCL so I'd be interested in how your cruise goes and how the food is.

Candi I guess the food issues worked out for the best for you, no temptations! Glad you got over your cold too so you could enjoy it.