Wii Fit

babymomma

feeling better already! we are pretty good at diverting colds before they turn into full blown sick. I dont know how I do it, but the girls and I all got better Back on track as far as my eating and workouts go and lost another 2 pounds! YAY!! FINALLY met me wii goal- I avoided the body test for like a week because I didnt think I had met my goal. My mii had a little party with stars and stuff :)

I set my next goal to stay the same weight for a month from now. that will give me some fudge room with the cruise coming up. If i am back at this weight in a month I will be very happy :D

Bought another formal gown that I found for $10! Its a red strapless- I NEVER would have worn a strapless before! If i can figure out how to do pics on here I will post some when we get back. I am also probably the tannest I have ever been. So excited for this trip. Its like my rebirth or something. lol. I plan to find joy in every moment onboard and at port and I refuse to sweat the small stuff. I will not feel self-conscious, I will not eat just because its there- though I may taste, and I will not let the second-hand stress of my fellow cruismates affect my fun. Two weeks from right now I will be at a lifeboat drill- WOOHOO!!

ooo, all the sudden I am getting a migraine. Better shut down and take some meds. Super bowl is tonight and I dont want to miss the commercials... I mean the game! lol ;)

Hi All I've been very bad lately not used my wii very much been on line but still managed another 2lbs. You guys have given me back my motivation I need to loose 2 more and its only 24 days until I hit the caribbean, I've promised myself I'll hit the gym so I can eat the goodies but time will tell

Gerri

My Wii told me a made my goal yesterday, but I'm afraid it is not weighing correctly..I changed over to the rechargeable battery pack and everything is a bit off. I am close to my goal as I have lost 4 more #'s in the last 2 weeks.. have at least 4-5 more to go before the black capri's look ok and 6-7 before they look real good! But here's to another day with a workout complete!! Now I'm spurging on a beer with the superbowl game!

My Wii told me a made my goal yesterday, but I'm afraid it is not weighing correctly..I changed over to the rechargeable battery pack and everything is a bit off. I am close to my goal as I have lost 4 more #'s in the last 2 weeks.. have at least 4-5 more to go before the black capri's look ok and 6-7 before they look real good! But here's to another day with a workout complete!! Now I'm spurging on a beer with the superbowl game!

I'll toast you with a beer toes, may even put my a** in the sand! ;)

GO COLTS!

yes I'm sure the battery pack makes it a different height as I already have the extenders on. I just finished another workout and feel better this am. It takes me at least 2 days anymore to get turned around from nights ( only to get ready to go back in 2 more days) I don't do it as gracefully as I used to.. exercising really does help.

Okay, after reading your posts, I really need to dust off my wii fit! I actually had to get my daughter to help me re-set it up after Christmas as it had been so long since I had used it! I also purchased the wii fit plus and want to open that up really soon. We don't cruise until the 11th of April, but will be turning 40 while we are gone. I have given myself a goal of losing 10 by the third week of March. We are going up to city for a few days over kids March Break week and I am planning to buy myself a cute little two piece and a sexy little black dress. I also have the 30 day shred, so if I can just get off my butt and alternate with the three workouts, I'd be set!

Keep up the great work everyone! Have a great day!

Hi all!

Welcome to the new posters!

kelbre ~ I had to get my daughter to set it up initially & haven't moved it!

I also have the Wii Fit Plus which my DD has & tells me it tells you how many calories you burn too. I'll open mine when I get 4 stars in all my categories (could take ages!!).

Candi & Gerri ~ lucky you going cruising soon! It's 3 months from today 'til I sail away!:(

Sharon ~ zumba sounds like so much fun!:D

I went to the Dr. for my check up on Friday & mentionned that I'm doing Wii. He said he has a Wii Fit too, although it doesn't sound like he's using it much.;)

Well, I'm off to Wii.

~Jo~ :)

OK ladies I broke down and bought EA Wii Active yesterday! I'm going to hop on it right after I put the baby down for a nap, she is 20 mo. and LOVES to get right under my feet when I work out...haha....she is starting early. We cruise on March 27th to Mexico and I plan on wearing a 2 piece as well. Wish me luck and I'll keep you posted. Have a great day

just finished my treadmill workout. Went to a one on one Yoga class with a yoga instuctor to make sure I'm doing things correctly ( encouraged by my Physical Therapist) Turns out I have to breathe while doing the poses...Who Knew!!LOL ok will have to try that. I still think Zumba sounds more fun!

I am definitely going to have to get the Wii active. I like the Wii Fit and it makes me sweat but I would like to be able to do the workout quicker and then maybe I would have time to work on the balance games. Is the Zumba a dvd or wii workout? or do you go to a class.? I too have work scheduling probs ( work 12 night shifts) and would love to do the 30 day challenge...but don't have time. What is the 30 day Shred everyone talks about? Is that a Jillian Michaels workout?

I am definitely going to have to get the Wii active. I like the Wii Fit and it makes me sweat but I would like to be able to do the workout quicker and then maybe I would have time to work on the balance games. Is the Zumba a dvd or wii workout? or do you go to a class.? I too have work scheduling probs ( work 12 night shifts) and would love to do the 30 day challenge...but don't have time. What is the 30 day Shred everyone talks about? Is that a Jillian Michaels workout?

Woo hoo, another 12 hour overnight worker! I work nights too toes. I work in the medical field, how about you?

Zumba is a class that you take, I'm having to much fun on my wii to have to pay to go to a class that I might or might not like.

Have a wonderful day all!

I am 3 weeks into the 30 day challenge. I get up at 5:30 to get it in every morning and then on rest days I either do the shred(just started) or the wii fit. I really like that the wii active goes through the workout without stopping like the wiifit in between exercises and keeps the journal for me to keep me honest with my diet. I also like the way it lets me put in the extra cardio I do in the journal. I am trying to up my metabolism so I do the treadmill at night.

I really recommend the wii active if you are bored with the wii fit and for a better workout.

Is the 30 day challenge part of the Wii Active? Don't you just love it when you step on the board and the Mii says OHHHHH. I feel so bad when she hangs her head! More incentive to do better.

I like to take the Zumba class in a group because I know if I was doing it at home, I probably wouldn't keep going or work as hard. The peer pressure keeps me honest.

The 30 day shred is a dvd by Jillian Michaels from Biggest Loser. It is about a 23 minute workout with cardio, strength and abs. There are three levels to do as your endurance increases. I like it, it kicks my butt and done quickly. If you do it for thirty days you are supposed to lose pounds and inches

Yes, the 30 day challenge is part of the wii active. It still amazes me how it can tell if you are not doing the exercises perfectly! The 30 day challenge picks which excercises you are to do each day so that it concentrates more on either upper or lower body with the resistance bands and cardio and sometimes the wii board. It makes me run which I HATE. If I were picking the exercises I might be easier on myself sometimes, so I like that it makes me work.

Some notes:

Wii Fit Plus also offers a tailored option with no stops in the Wii Fit Plus section. You tell it what you want to achieve and how long you want to work and it comes up with the plan.

Also, you can add your 'offline' time and exercise activity level in your graph. (on the left side of your calendar in the main wii fit screen)

Yes, I do work in the Health Care Profession..Funny it is one of the only professions in which it takes us years to figure out that we need to take time for ourselves and allow ourselves to eat right ( very hard on 12 nights), exercise ( next to impossible) and rest ( instead of being talked into overtime or another workshop, class, certification , seminar...) I'm definitely going to pick up the Wii active and maybe the 30 day shred too. I have the Jillian Michaels book Making the Cut ( lose 20# in 30 days) but have been chicken to start it while the Wii Mii trainer is still kicking butt!!! LOL I too have been doing the treadmill every night. It is something that I can sometimes accomplish at work if I get a break and if not I have a tread at home! I'm down 8# but mly goal is another 6 before cruise. Should be able to get rid of that in the next 3 weeks !!!!

Enjoying reading all your wii fit posts. I think I might have to get some ankle weights as I love the free step routine but think I should sweat a bit whilst doing it!

Wow this 30 day challenge sounds great, am going to look out for the wii active and give it a go.

We also enjoy wii sports and sports resort and pleased to say my golf is getting alot more competitive! I find a fitness routine and a bit of sport after is an even better work out without realising! The golf and bowling certainly makes me ache the next day!

Can you get anything to make the wii fit board stand higher off the ground so the step will be a better workout?

I accomplished my Wii Fit workout and the treadmill, filled the woodbox , washed my bra's and now it's time to settle down to finish a baby afghan and watch the Olympics. Nice Day! I'm actually down about 10# but still have 6 to go. My hubby just fixed us dinner tho and I'm glad I skipped lunch!

ok where are all my Wii partners? I was lazy this weekend and only did the Wii workout on Saturday. but I did do my treadmill workout. still have those 4 stubborn #'s and only 3 weeks to go.

Good morning toes! Your weekend sounds like mine. I started good on Friday morning then didn't get back to it until Monday morning. It's the thought that counts, right?

I'm sure you'll lose those stubborn pounds before your cruise. :)

Have a great day all!