Wii Fit

babymomma

I'm still working on a sewing project - making a Christening gown for my grand daughter from my wedding gown. Almost finished but between long hours at my job, getting my craft room moved and set up and sewing I haven't had a change to do any Wii dancing.

However, while I'm down in the sweatshop my DH is upstairs bowling, golfing, skiing, making his way through the obstacle courses, etc. He will probably lost 20 lbs in a week - why is it so easy for guys to lose weight and women have to work so hard for every ounce? Not Fair!

Edited by checkard

Hi all!

Sue ~ wtg, hope you'll get back in the routine!

checkard ~ wow that's quite the project, good for you! Well as long as somebody's benefiting from the Wii that's good. I know men do seem to lose weight easier than us.

I see we'll both be cruising RCI on Nov 4th, I'll be on Freedom of the Seas. I just

began cruising with them April 2009 & really like what they have to offer. I've only done Legend, Freedom & will do Freedom soon then Oasis next Nov.

I started Tai Chi yesterday but don't know how I'll do with that. There are 108 moves & I can't remember the only one plus 3 warmups we learned(?)!:eek: Today's Wii bowling.

Take care.

~Jo~ :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all!

It's been a while since anyone posted. Hope you'll soon be getting back to the Wii!:p

I bought "Just Dance" on Thursday & gave it a little try yesterday. It was fun but mostly I like it for the music.;) I'm not getting any better at Tai Chi but will try to hang in 'til it's over. The instructor said not to get discouraged as your body has to get used to the new moves.

Take care & have a nice weekend.

Hi all, I finally got off my Bu--- and started working out again. I would love to lose 25# by cruise time but would settle for 15# I hung my White Hot Night dress outside my closet for motivation. :) I haven't got back on the Wii but am doing a walking program with stationary bike and a little elliptical also at work and will Wii and Walk :) at home on my days off.

OK it's a deal Sue! I'm on a roll with my walking routine. Its something that I can do at work ( sometimes) if I get an calm 1/2 hr to take a lunch break. I'm getting ready to set up the Wii Fit in a couple of minutes. I'm trying to do the Wii on my days off and still keep up with the walking routine. I also bought a cute dress for the White Hot Night party & MUST get rid of at least 10# of belly fat ( or pack the Spanx and I don't want to do that!)

OK it's a deal Sue! I'm on a roll with my walking routine. Its something that I can do at work ( sometimes) if I get an calm 1/2 hr to take a lunch break. I'm getting ready to set up the Wii Fit in a couple of minutes. I'm trying to do the Wii on my days off and still keep up with the walking routine. I also bought a cute dress for the White Hot Night party & MUST get rid of at least 10# of belly fat ( or pack the Spanx and I don't want to do that!)

:D

I try to walk at work but it doesn't seem to work as well as it used to. I do take my pedometer and try to get my 10,000 steps in a night. Tomorrow morning it will be back on the Wii for me.

P.S. No matter what I do I still have the belly fat so it will be Spanx for me. ;)

Hi all!

I'm getting ready for my Disney & RCI cruises next week & wish I had some Spanx,

I look a little preggers!:eek: Oh well I'm never going to see those people again (I hope) or maybe when I'm thinner. I'm still doing my Wii 6 times a week & having fun doing so.

Good for you walking & Wiiing too.

Take care.

did another Wii Active workout this am before accupunture apt...wow it really kicks butt ( that and my hubby had the woodstove roaring) so sweat a lot! LOL have to do a 6 hour road trip tomorrow so will probably only do walking workout! Here's to no snacks and lots of exercise!

Have fun on your cruises Jo, I know you will!

I haven't been on the Wii since Monday morning. I'll get back on Thursday when I'm off of work again and hit 'er again Friday and Sunday.

Why do our co-workers have to bring leftover Halloween candy to work? :eek:

WOW Jo, you must like us here to stop in while your on vacation. :p

Tomorrow it's back on the Wii for me. I was able to get a nice mile walk in the other night at work, I like not having to deal with a bunch of people while working nights.

I have had great motivation this week. My dad's roomate ended up in ICU for 2 days and had to fly to another hospital for stent placement and she was too heavy for the first plane and so had to get on another with a larger stretcher ( over 365#) I have been faithfull with my WII Active and my walking routine and even my diet!!!

I don't blame you Jo, I wouldn't want to wii in front of strangers, it's bad enough listening to my hubby. :D

Hope your dad's friend it okay toes. That should be enough inspiration for all of us! I just got done with a rough week at work so tomorrow I'll be back on my wii first thing after I get up in the morning. Since it's been nice here this week, I've been out walking while I can. The snow can't be far away for me. :(

Have a great night!

HI all!

Glad to hear you're all Wiing & sorry for the motivators!

I got back late last night so haven't Wiied yet. It's next on my agenda before lunch & laundry.:D

I had a great vacation other than the weather adding 2 sea days when we should have been visiting private islands.:( That's nothing compared to what those poor Carnival people had to endure!:eek:

Take care.

hi all,

have been doing well with my walking workout and pretty well with the Wii Active. I had company and a funeral this weekend so only walked saturday and today and actually took the day off yesterday. Dad's friend is doing well..thank you Sue and yes I am very motivated..to many "younger than me" very sick ( chronically) patients in the last few weeks. KEEP ON WIING ( that just kinda sounds funny)

Has anyone used the 'Walk It Out" game for the Wii where you walk to the beat of the song and earn chips so buy things for your island?

I love it. Have never found any exercise that I really liked to do until I found this. I will start on my third island tomorrow.

Has anyone used the 'Walk It Out" game for the Wii where you walk to the beat of the song and earn chips so buy things for your island?

I love it. Have never found any exercise that I really liked to do until I found this. I will start on my third island tomorrow.

I haven't even heard of it txadmin2, sure sounds like a fun one though. Bet it feels like your not exercising either.

Walk It Out game sounds like fun. I'll have to look for that.

Back from the cruise on Saturday. We had rainy weather and big waves so the ship was rocking and rolling. Just walking around was a good workout. And I did the Salsa dancing lesson on the ship, did much better with that than I do with the Wii.

Good new though, I lost 3 pounds on the cruise. Hmmmm, I think I need to go on more cruises to lose weight.

I haven't even heard of it txadmin2, sure sounds like a fun one though. Bet it feels like your not exercising either.

Right. First thing I've ever done that I sometimes spend more time than I planned. Just have to get one more hotel or luxury house. :)