*OFFICIAL CC GROUP - SPIRITing to the Majestic Land of the Midnight Sun on 5/11/10**

anamanxs

I hope everyone whos cruising next week has alot of fun. I am jealous ;)

Been running around getting things ready for our cookout. My 3 brothers are coming over and there famlies and there dogs. My cat will have a fit!

I'de be interested in seeing an inside. I just am leaning twords an inside. That way, i'll have extra for the ship and more important, shopping! When we went on the Glory, we wern't in the room enough to matter. I'm afraid tho if I book an inside, i'll miss something :confused:

I hope everyone whos cruising next week has alot of fun. I am jealous ;)

Been running around getting things ready for our cookout. My 3 brothers are coming over and there famlies and there dogs. My cat will have a fit!

I'de be interested in seeing an inside. I just am leaning twords an inside. That way, i'll have extra for the ship and more important, shopping! When we went on the Glory, we wern't in the room enough to matter. I'm afraid tho if I book an inside, i'll miss something :confused:

:oI will think of all you guys!

Carnival+Spirit+Cabin.jpg

This is an inside cabin. It is the same size and layout as a balcony without the window. I have read comment both ways...Several saying they didn't spend much time in the cabin anyway. Elmer wants to do the train ride in Skagway! - I don't know about that.

Hope you have a GREAT time with your family. Beautiful day here, had to put the aircondioner in the window- sprayed outside for wasps! I really need to work on the flower beds:(.

A FEW Ship Facts

Carnival Spirit - Cruise Ship Statistics

Total Staterooms: 1,062

Private Balcony Staterooms: 750

Decks: 12

Passenger capacity: 2,124

Total crew: 930

Officers nationality: Italian

Tonnage: 88,500

Ship length: 960 feet

Registry: Panama

2671252060105063525NfENXd_th.jpg

Cruise Itinerary

Tue Seattle, Washington 4:00 pm

Wed At Sea

Thu Cruise Tracy Arm

Fri Skagway, Alaska 7:00 am - 9:00 pm

Sat Juneau, Alaska 7:00 am - 3:00 pm

Sun Ketchikan, Alaska 7:00 am - 1:00 pm

Mon Victoria, British Columbia 7:30 pm -11:59 pm

Tue Seattle, Washington 7:00 am

To book this Cruise Critic Group Member Cruise, please contact Johna at Crucon.com at 1-800-493-6609. Please be sure to state that you are interested in booking into the OFFICIAL CRUISE CRITIC GROUP CRUISE for this sailing.

Any questions: Please contact Annette at: AnaManxs@aol.com

Join us! You know you want to be part of our GREAT GROUP!

Annette - I hope that is what the inside cabin looks like. On Carnival's web site it doesn't look as big and only has a chair rather than a couch. We had a 5A porthole room on the Sensation and it only had a chair, but then there was only the two of us. I'm thinking the cabins for 4 have to have a couch to be converted into the third bed.

Was talking to DH about the cruise last night. Does anyone, that has worked with Crucon, know if we would receive a price reduction if Carnival reduces the rates further? Don't laugh...a girl can hope, can't she??:D

Annette - I hope that is what the inside cabin looks like. On Carnival's web site it doesn't look as big and only has a chair rather than a couch. We had a 5A porthole room on the Sensation and it only had a chair, but then there was only the two of us. I'm thinking the cabins for 4 have to have a couch to be converted into the third bed.

Was talking to DH about the cruise last night. Does anyone, that has worked with Crucon, know if we would receive a price reduction if Carnival reduces the rates further? Don't laugh...a girl can hope, can't she??:D

I don't blame you at all, and believe me if they go a lot lower than what we have then I will request she try to get it lower. I have seen threads where they have got lower. My e-mail I got said they will try to get us lower, but they can't say what Carnival will do.

The site I took it from said it was a inside cabin on the Spirit. The third & fourth bed come out of the wall. I have had a third person room, actually on the Pride - the sister ship of the Spirit. I am actually working on my Pride scrapblog and just saw the pic of the third bed. The inside and balcony cabins are the same size 185 feet. I will try to get a pic when I am on the Pride so we can see for sure. I have been on the Sensation and it is a Fanasty Class and the Spirit is in the Spirit Class. The Spirit class is a little bigger, a little longer, a little faster. I will have to find the Sensation pictures to remember what if looks like.

So, do you get a discount on your scrapbook stuff at Joann's? I would go nuts......I have so much junk now stuffed in the closet.

Doing pics of the Food Gala 2510667060105063525S425x425Q85.jpgright now, don't know if they still do those.

I don't know how to do scrapbooking. Sounds interesting.

I googled Carnival Spirit pictures. It makes me wanna go now. I called my SIN. She had an inside on her cruise to Alaska last year. She said she wished she got a balcony. I think we'll book a balcony. I think i'll regret it if I don't.

I don't know how to do scrapbooking. Sounds interesting.

I googled Carnival Spirit pictures. It makes me wanna go now. I called my SIN. She had an inside on her cruise to Alaska last year. She said she wished she got a balcony. I think we'll book a balcony. I think i'll regret it if I don't.

That's kind of what I did! So, I got a year to get to the idea of the train going around and up the mountain! I get balcony, he gets the train! Have a good evening everyone. Tommorrow starts my another work week for some of us!

So, do you get a discount on your scrapbook stuff at Joann's?

Unfortunately....yes. I have so much left from when I owned a store, it's hard to justify when I buy new paper....Phil always kidded that there must be a drug in the paper to make us buy , buy, buy.... :D

Train pre-cruise? What did I miss????

DH and I where actually talking last night about if there is anything to do in Seattle for a day to warrant coming in on Sunday instead of Monday. I would never fly in cruise day...I was be a bundle of nerves.

Anyone looked at excursions yet? DH and I have since we having been planning on cruising Alaska 2010.

DH wants to do a floatplane somewhere.

We are going to do the Whitepass Summit in Skagway

I believe Mendenhall Glacier (sp)

Also want to go to the Red Onion Saloon.

So much to do in each port and not nearly enough time. I guess that means we will have to do it more then once:p

Good Morning All! I didn't look at the Pre-Train but that would be a neat idea too- I will check it out. This is in one of tours they have through Carnival. It looks really exciting just the curves on the side of a Mountain.......Elmer says GREAT VIEWS!

Good Morning Jenny, hope you had a Good weekend!

Well all, better get ready for work! I actully may have to work harder this week to catch up for being off next week and playing on this thing last week. It was Spring Break here last week. This is "Week of the Young Child" so, everyone needs to give their children a HUG! -No matter how old!

It is raining here!

Annette I am in the same boat. I will work my butt of Mon, Tues, and Wed. Then plan on coasting through Thrusday since my mind will already be on vacation.....then off to the sunny south!!!!

Will have to check out that train thing sounds interesting.

Kim

Train pre-cruise? What did I miss????

DH and I where actually talking last night about if there is anything to do in Seattle for a day to warrant coming in on Sunday instead of Monday. I would never fly in cruise day...I was be a bundle of nerves.

Anyone looked at excursions yet? DH and I have since we having been planning on cruising Alaska 2010.

DH wants to do a floatplane somewhere.

We are going to do the Whitepass Summit in Skagway

I believe Mendenhall Glacier (sp)

Also want to go to the Red Onion Saloon.

So much to do in each port and not nearly enough time. I guess that means we will have to do it more then once:p

That's the train we looked at - The White Pass Train I think, anyway it goes up to the summit.

Can't wait until we get our folder to all this stuff in! Maybe today!

But I did hear of a Pre cruise train and another tread and will look into it. Since this is Tues leaving I may have the entire weekend before to do something, on Sunday or Monday - If I fly in on Sat.

Train Tour

It looks like they about 4 - 5 different tours.

OK, anyone lurking out there, come join us - You know you want To!

I am going to ALASKA, R U?:o

It is 48 and partly sunny in Skagway today. Low is 40 - Not a lot of temp difference.

Were thinking of doing the train to. I think it will be a good way to see the sights.

I went and looked to make sure our passports were still in the fire safe. Wasn't sure where I put them after the last cruise. There in there :)

Wish for once it would rain here! The pollen is messing my allergies up today. Feeling this bad will make it a long night at work :(

Yea the Train we are doing is in Skagway and its one of Carnival's excursions. It takes you to the Red Onion saloon at the end and its about a 6 hour excursion :D We are gonna do whale watching in Juneau and maybe a lumberjack show in Ketichan.

Weekend was good but had classes all day Saturday & Sunday :mad:

Less than 3 weeks and we will be on the pride :D:D:D

The sun is trying to come out here! We had such a dry period last year but rain this year! Yes, I check my Passport dates too. I think if we didn't go to Victoria, we probably wouldn't need them. I read somewhere Canada is maiking them stop in one of their ports due to cruise their waters, and so they can get their port fees. I hate it we will be there at night. But, there are supposed to be some good pubs, and a garden we can see.

Archived