Who's got the latest corkage fees & Internet fees?

cohengm

I was on the Horizon 11/19-11/29 and brought my own wine. The fee was $15 ($10 fee and $5 tip). The sommelier had never tried some of the wines we brought (Malbec and Carmenere from Argentina, some Tempranillos and others from Spain) and he asked to keep the bottles.

Internet was 50 cents a minute.

Can I bring wine aboard in Ft. Lauderdale??? I was under the impression that they confiscate all alcohol brought onboard. I have 4 people and wanted to bring a few special bottles of wine to celebrate a birthday, etc.

Please tell me what I can and cannot

Thanks

Xmas on Summit

Can I bring wine aboard in Ft. Lauderdale??? I was under the impression that they confiscate all alcohol brought onboard. I have 4 people and wanted to bring a few special bottles of wine to celebrate a birthday, etc.

Please tell me what I can and cannot

Thanks

Xmas on Summit

Wine is permitted to be brought onboard--otherwise how could they collect their corkage fees? :D We took 5 bottles on our September Galaxy cruise without even a raised eyebrow. If you are taking a good wine, be sure to pack it in your carryon so it won't be roughly handled.

I know folks have stated that they pack their wine in bubble wrap and put it in their checked luggage, but that is risky. The quality of the wine can be compromised as well as the possibility of breakage and damage to the suitcase contents. One of our table mates on our last cruise had a bottle of red wine packed and it was broken with much spillage inside and a large dry cleaning bill after he unpacked!

Take it and enjoy! :)

Just spoke to someone at the Captains Club and she told me that we CANNOT bring wine aboard at all. We are celebrating a special occassion and have some very wonderful wines to bring to dinner.

How can I find out if this is true? I do not want to dump these very expensive wines at the dock.....HELP

We didn't have any problems bringing wine on the Horizon (at Tampa), or even when we bought some in the Panama stop Free zone shop (at the pier). And the sommelier was very familiar with the corkage process. They just don't want you to do it, as they rather sell you their wine. I always write in the comment card that I would order from their list if they had more variety and more wines under $25 that weren't yucky.:rolleyes:

What got us started in bringing our own wines was our first Celebrity cruise. I had had a bad cold and was not drinking much during the first part of our cruise. When I finally felt well, we ordered a $25 bottle of wine at dinner. It was good but not great. I found it later for $5.99 at the grocery store. Since then, we've brought a few bottles along on our cruises. I'd rather have a few good bottles ($10-$20 range) and pay the corkage than to pay $25 for a bottle that sells for $6 at home.

Just spoke to someone at the Captains Club and she told me that we CANNOT bring wine aboard at all. We are celebrating a special occassion and have some very wonderful wines to bring to dinner.

How can I find out if this is true? I do not want to dump these very expensive wines at the dock.....HELP

Whoever you talked with did not give you the correct information. I'll bet if you call back and talk with someone else you would get a different answer! That's a weakness with Celebrity--landside customer service is not always "in the know" :(

If Celebrity DID enforce a no wine policy they would confiscate your wine and have it delivered to the dining room and you would designate which nights you wanted it served. They don't have a corkage fee for nothing~~it implies that you will be bringing wine onboard for consumption in the dining room. They would NOT have you dump it at the dock!!

Don't worry--look at all the positive responses here from those of us who regularly bring good wines with us.

Here is the name and email address of someone who can give you the correct information if you want to persue this to a higher level.

Tensi Westreicher

Account Executive, Loyalty Marketing

Celebrity Cruises

Phone: 305/539-4315

Fax: 305/982-4876

tensiwestreicher@rccl.com

Internet fee was $.75 per minute on Century 11/27 to 12/11. The ships vary on this pont, but corkage is always $15 thanks to this board. They tried to raise it from the old fee of $8 to $20!!! We put up a fuss and it was lowered to $15, a charge we can live with.

Archived