Prices copmarison: RC vice CCL. Heh!

Lorkhen

We've been sailing on RC and CCL both and always think that Carnival prices are more attractive. I've already booked balcony stateroom on Splendor for three persons. Yesterday I looked at RC prices on Mariner for the same balcony stateroom, date and intenerary (Mexican Riviera). Is that so:eek:?! The price for the third person is $250. I paid $649 to Carnival. The total RC price is also lower:cool:...

We've been sailing on RC and CCL both and always think that Carnival prices are more attractive. I've already booked balcony stateroom on Splendor for three persons. Yesterday I looked at RC prices on Mariner for the same balcony stateroom, date and intenerary (Mexican Riviera). Is that so:eek:?! The price for the third person is $250. I paid $649 to Carnival. The total RC price is also lower:cool:...

WOW. We have ale=ways wanted to try Carnival but haven't because of prices. It's hard for me to justify paying so much more for the same trip. Had a friend go on Mariner when it was in Port Canaveral and said it is a great ship. I would probably cancel and try Royal, but that is me because we have always wanted to give them a try.

Maybe RCI's finally learning that if they don't lower the prices somewhere they're going to lose all of their business!

Can you cancel without penalty??

If I were you, I'd cancel and book the RCI cruise. It isn't often you find a good deal on that line, so if I saw one I'd take it just to mix it up and keep a little variety in my cruising.

Iv found that booking in advance I do better with Carnival, but RCL has better last minute deals, so for booking RCL I wait. Im saving next spring for RCL. So far 3 years in a row got my price or better on RCL. RCL was down to prices starting at $399 on Voyager this last spring on most dates and gave great upgrades on guarantees.

I think you cant just take the prices far out and compare or you will miss out on the real deals. Conquest never got as cheap as Voyager and I consider Voyager the better ship (for my cruise I took last week). Iv gotten as cheap as $349 2 years ago and paid $499 in 2008 and $449 this past spring (could have booked at $399 had I waited closer to the date, so by booking ahead I lost out).

Conquest was more by the time we were 4 months out consistently, never got as low.

You really need to watch RCL closer to the date, they always have great deals, Iv always been able to find one out of Galveston. Mariner and Florida has even better last minute RCL deals. I admit it is hard to wait to book on RCL for your price and sit on your hands.

That's good to hear. I would not expect Carnival to beat Royal EVERY time. But I think as a whole, you can typically get lower rates on Carnival.

Competition is good for Carnival. It keeps their rates in check and also makes them keep up on quality. Nothing wrong with that.

I find that odd...we checked between Dream and Freedom of the Seas and RCL came out $1100 more for us. RCL lines is always more expensive we've found. We always compare 3 cruise lines before we book. Carnival has always been cheaper.

I just went back online to compare.

Ex: Jan 9 departure

Same room type (inside state, same level), both Western Carribean

Freedom (RCL)

1st person =$949

2nd person =$949

3rd person =$699

tax/fee = 213

total with RCI = $2810

Carnival Dream

1st person =$609

2nd person =$609

3rd person =$274

tax/fee = 204.27

total with carnival = $1701.27

Leaving the same weekend!!!

Carnival is $1109 cheaper !!!!!

Disney Cruise Lines is cheaper than RCI

Stateroom 1 fee = $2397

tax/fees = $263.37

Disney Cruise total Price = $2660.37

You would save $149.63 taking the Disney cruise over RCL!

I find that odd...we checked between Dream and Freedom of the Seas and RCL came out $1100 more for us. RCL lines is always more expensive we've found. RCL!

Depends on how far out your cruise is for me. For next year, yes RCL is always cheaper this far out (you said next Jan), but if you wait until last minute to book Carnival tends to rise and RCL reduces last minute rates more, or they have done so every time in the past. (Iv watched prices constantly for the last 3 years).

I guess it depends on if you are willing to wait to book or need to book in advance which you can get better deals on.

Depends on how far out your cruise is for me. For next year, yes RCL is always cheaper this far out (you said next Jan), but if you wait until last minute to book Carnival tends to rise and RCL reduces last minute rates more, or they have done so every time in the past. (Iv watched prices constantly for the last 3 years).

I guess it depends on if you are willing to wait to book or need to book in advance which you can get better deals on.

We checked before we went this past January and RCL was still more!

Archived