Cuisine in Horizon Buffet

lawcruiseboy

Is the food in the Horizon buffet primarily American/Euro cuisine or do they also serve Asian cuisine?

With peoples tastes now varying so much due to easier travel and them experiencing different foods, it's not as easy as it used to be to define what's American or European style food. Much if it tends to be a fusion of all sorts. However overall I would still say yes, the majority is still aimed at the American or Northern European market (Southern European being considerably different) but there are usually others dishes too which you would probably class as being more along Chinese or Indian styles.

Is the food in the Horizon buffet primarily American/Euro cuisine or do they also serve Asian cuisine?

We sailed on Dawn Princess last Christmas and they often had Asian options such as wonton style soup for breakfast, rice dishes for breakfast, stirfry dishes at other meals, often a vegetarian indian style curry for dinner. I was thrilled.

Some of the shuips --- Crown, Caribbean, Ruby and Emerald, I believe--- have a dedicated sushi bar in the atrium where sushi is freshly made to order for a small fee, about $1.00/piece. Also, most cruise I have been on have sushi at least a couple of days in the buffet.

I was on Sapphire last week. Yes, they do offer Asian like sushi one day and Mexican one day, Italian another day. However, most of the foods will be American. Had lunch everyday at Horizon. I don't see any fried chicken. They have smoked salmon, ham, pork, sandwich, etc. A lot of salad and fruit though.

I remember one day they have shrimp cocktail for dinner. However, I prefer to have dinner in the dining room instead. Their foods delicious. Thursday night is Lobster night, along with beef wellington.

While overall Princess is our favorite line, Holland America, Cunard and Carnival tend to have different permanent stations at the buffet, such as an Asian station, an Italian station, etc. Whereas Princess buffets tend to have an eclectic mix of foods all in the same location. In fact, both starboard and port sides have identical offerings. I would like to see Princess do stations as well, thuogh the Horizon Courts weren't quite designed that way. The Crown, Emerald and Ruby Princess have an aft station that has different specialties at night for dinner, such as a seafood buffet. I would like to see these ships extend those specialties to lunchtime as well.

Archived