~Cruise Critic Group Cruise To Alaska ~ Amsterdam May 2010~

LEtue

:D

I see that several people have asked about accommodations on the Amsterdam and having sailed on her sister ship the Volendam, perhaps I can answer a few questions.

We did a 10 day cruise from Fort Lauderdale to the Caribbean in a cat A suite. The suites and penthouses are the only accommodations that have balconies, all others are either ocean view inside cabins. The suites (A, B or BB) are about 230 sq feet with a 63 sq foot balcony They are tubular (30' by 10') but quite spacious with a deep balcony which can accommodate two recliners and a small table. The bathrooms have a whirlpool tub and a reasonable amount of shelf space.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the helpful information! Want to join us? :D

Sent you an email for information, looking forward to the trip, I hope we will be able to go. Can we fast forward things 11 1/2 Months? :D

I will go answer my email next...stay tuned!

Exciting news at last. :) Would the same SBC apply to those travelling solo? Or would we get half the amount? Thanks.
Sue, I am adding your question to the list and I will find out for you.

Linda:

I also sent an email asking for prices and OBC for the cruise. A girl can always change her mind!!!

Ruth Ann

Ruth Ann, I will send you what I have for now. I am getting some additional categories added today :)

Exciting news at last. :) Would the same SBC apply to those travelling solo? Or would we get half the amount? Thanks.

Sue,

Linda is finding out for sure, but generally you get the whole SBC because basically you are paying two fares if you are solo in your cabin.:)

My TA in Canada only offered me $50US OBC if I book with her. I can have so much more fun with $250 (wine card, bingo, etc.).:)

Let's hope Linda finds out that is indeed true with this cruise. Solos need all the breaks they can get!

EEK! I didn't check the boards yesterday and the pricing finally comes in....I just emailed you with questions for pricing Linda. DH comes home from business trip tonight so we will talk about the trip then.

I just finished answering all my email! So you've got mail too :D

My TA in Canada only offered me $50US OBC if I book with her. I can have so much more fun with $250 (wine card, bingo, etc.).:)

Great, you need to book with the group. The OBC = $225 but it is almost as good as $250 ;)

I didn't hear back from Johna this afternoon so stay tuned for more details!

Here is an updated list of the category requests I have so far. I don't know if we can get all of these so be ready with a second choice :)

Outside (including handicap cabins) - Cat HH, FF, DD, D, DA and C

Single Cabin Pricing - inside (J), outside (G and H) and B (balcony/suite)

I don't know if we can get all of these so be ready with a second choice :)

Also checking on the future fare reduction options and solo OBC!

If you requested something that isn't listed here let me know!

Here is an updated list of the category requests I have so far. I don't know if we can get all of these so be ready with a second choice :)

Outside (including handicap cabins) - Cat HH, FF, DD, D, DA and C

Single Cabin Pricing - inside (J), outside (G and H) and B (balcony/suite)

I don't know if we can get all of these so be ready with a second choice :)

Also checking on the future fare reduction options and solo OBC!

If you requested something that isn't listed here let me know!

I have another question.....I have an $50 pp OBC through HAL that I bought onboard. Is that combinable with the $225 cabin credit?

I have another question.....I have an $50 pp OBC through HAL that I bought onboard. Is that combinable with the $225 cabin credit?

Should be! That would be something to ask Johna about directly ;)

Should be! That would be something to ask Johna about directly ;)

Oh, I was thinking you wouldn't want us to contact her directly. But I can see that would be easier for you not having to field all these questions.:)

How can I contact her?

Oh, I was thinking you wouldn't want us to contact her directly. But I can see that would be easier for you not having to field all these questions.:)

How can I contact her?

It is really no problem fielding questions but for any individual/personal situations I will be referring everyone to the TA - since she is the expert. For now, I need to make sure we get some additional cabin categories and cover the group questions so I can report back.

I did send Johna a long email this morning (with all our cabin wants and wishes & questions). She is probably working on them already and I hope to hear back from her tomorrow morning. Also, until I get through to Johna and get my cabin booked - the group can't get started.

So, we're almost there. Hopefully by tomorrow afternoon Johna will be ready to take on everyone :D

Good morning,

I work from home on Fridays so that should make it easy for Johna and I communicate today - so we can get all the issues covered :D

I will post as soon as possible!

Okay, I talked to Johna and got our cabin booked (E2654 - late dining). So she is ready for your calls and her contact information is:

Johnan@CruCon.com or 800 493-6609

Here is some additional information as requested:

Outside Cabins (including HH and FF) are available to add to the group. Depending on residency and past passenger considerations the pricing may be different. Since she is in Boston she simulated bookings based on MA and the HH priced came out at $5pp more than the Cat E. The increase to the FF was even more... so, she recommends that you call and let her price your situation individually. That way you know exactly what the different cabins will cost. You can also do a guarantee or pick a particular cabin.

Inside Cabins - same situation as above. Call to get the best pricing!

Single Suppliments - vary depending on the cabin category. So again call and get the best price.

OBC for Solo Travelers = $150

Deposits - Do not include insurance and if you want the cruise line coverage you have to do that at the time of booking. The good news is there is a reduced deposit promotion going on and ours came out to $200 pp. or $400 for the cabin :D

So start calling and get booked!

Okay, I talked to Johna and got our cabin booked (E2654 - late dining). So she is ready for your calls and her contact information is:

Johnan@CruCon.com or 800 493-6609

Here is some additional information as requested:

Outside Cabins (including HH and FF) are available to add to the group. Depending on residency and past passenger considerations the pricing may be different. Since she is in Boston she simulated bookings based on MA and the HH priced came out at $5pp more than the Cat E. The increase to the FF was even more... so, she recommends that you call and let her price your situation individually. That way you know exactly what the different cabins will cost. You can also do a guarantee or pick a particular cabin.

Inside Cabins - same situation as above. Call to get the best pricing!

Single Suppliments - vary depending on the cabin category. So again call and get the best price.

OBC for Solo Travelers = $150

Deposits - Do not include insurance and if you want the cruise line coverage you have to do that at the time of booking. The good news is there is a reduced deposit promotion going on and ours came out to $200 pp. or $400 for the cabin :D

So start calling and get booked!

I just emailed Johna my questions. Thanks for being in charge of all this and keeping us updated :)

DH said for me to book the trip so as soon as I have the other logistics figured out we'll be booking as well :D

I just emailed Johna my questions. Thanks for being in charge of all this and keeping us updated :)

DH said for me to book the trip so as soon as I have the other logistics figured out we'll be booking as well :D

Hey, that is great news! I'm looking forward to meeting you in the Amsterdam :D

I have a phone call in to Johnan. I hope she is working over the weekend so I can get some further information!!!

I don't think that CruCon is open on the weekends. But Johna is good about returning calls so hopefully she will get right back to you!

I don't think that CruCon is open on the weekends. But Johna is good about returning calls so hopefully she will get right back to you!

Well no reply today from Johna. So I guess I will have to wait until Monday... I just checked out the CruCon website and it looks like Hal is offering that same OBC right now for anyone. At least for this particular cruise. Not the good rate though.

How much does travel insurance cost?

Well no reply today from Johna. So I guess I will have to wait until Monday... I just checked out the CruCon website and it looks like Hal is offering that same OBC right now for anyone. At least for this particular cruise. Not the good rate though.

How much does travel insurance cost?

Yes, the current HAL specials of OBC and reduced deposits are being applied to the group so that is great news :)

Johna will have to quote you the insurance rates since it normally is proportional to the cruise fare that you pay.

Archived