casual nights teenage boys shoes

What is acceptable for 16 yr olds to wear on their feet on casual nights. They will bring formal shoes for the other nights.,but at home they live in trainers. Are these OK on casual nights. If not I would need to buy whatever is, probably to never be worn again. All help appreciated as first time cruiser,Thanks:)

Thanks for replies I just did not want to do the wrong thing and offend people if they were to casual.This site is great for info without it I definitely would have put my 6 year old in smart shorts as I would have thought it was OK but will now pack trousers.

Thanks again everyone:)

My boys (12 and 14) both wore tennis shoes. They wore dockers and a polo shirt with tennis shoes. They looked just fine and nobody said anything. The only time anyone would be able to notice would be while we were waiting to get into the dining room. After that their feet were under the table! ;)

We did buy new ones so that they were at least clean, but I knew they would wear them again. The dress shoes they would hardly wear. They did have black dress shoes for formal night though.

Even on Formal Nights, you don't have to have a suit, or even a jacket.

Just a nice button down shirt, slacks and a nice pair of shoes.

Personally, I hope I never have to wear a suit or jacket again... but that's just me! *chuckling*

Thanks for replies I just did not want to do the wrong thing and offend people if they were to casual.This site is great for info without it I definitely would have put my 6 year old in smart shorts as I would have thought it was OK but will now pack trousers.

Thanks again everyone:)

Cruised with teens and pre-teen boys -- shorts were fine - nice ones of course - not cut-offs - even on formal nite, a 6y.o. in shorts is still pretty dressy imho. We are not dressy people, went with polos, nice button up shirts (not dress shirts) khakis and nice shorts - oh, and of course sneakers/vans/and even flip flops.

have fun - it is vacation - (and as I always say, you will never see these people again, as long as you aren't rude or totally inappropriate it is fine)

I have a great formal picture from our cruise with all my boys in button down shirts and ties - and sandals. They didn't want to put on "real shoes". It's very cute and definitely didn't detract from the formal look. (My husband was wearing an "Elvis" tie).

Enjoy your cruise

Mine's 15, and I wouldn't see a problem with it. As in other posts, I don't see people noticing much on the young men's shoes. Now, women, on the other hand, knowing how we are, might be a different story on noticing each other's shoes!! ;)

Archived