Supper Club...Ordering more than one?

ShaynaS

I have booked a cruise for my family and they are interested in the supper club. Can they order more than one thing if they wish like the regular dinning room? I thought I read they could not but I saw the menu and did not understand why it was so great. So yes or no can you order more than one and if not is it worth me talking them into the $30 P/P?

After seeing the great menu I was worried about the same thing. Looks as though they might frown upon it. I usually get an appetizer and soup, but no salad in the dining room. I will just have to change that plan on supper club night. :(

I have booked a cruise for my family and they are interested in the supper club. Can they order more than one thing if they wish like the regular dinning room? I thought I read they could not but I saw the menu and did not understand why it was so great. So yes or no can you order more than one and if not is it worth me talking them into the $30 P/P?

No, you cannot order like in the DR. But the portions are like a restaurant, a HUGE porterhouse, lobster tail, etc. So you order an appetizer, soup/salad, entree, GREAT deserts and the chef sends out some appetizers and a desert after desert. There is way too much food and well worth the $30/person. You'd spend $100+/person for a similar meal on land. You also have very attentive service, 3 waiters, wine steward, etc.

I too think it is well worth the $30/pp. We may even do it twice on our next cruise, the food is so good. It is akin to going to a famous NY or Chicago steakhouse. Since you can't get more than one, what DH and I do is one of us gets the 24 oz Porterhouse and one gets the lobster tail (8oz - not like those little 2oz you get in the main dining room) and share. The only thing I haven't been impressed with it the ceasar salad - not that different from the dining room. The lobster bisque is though, and quite tasty.

Go on an empty stomach...starved..wearing elastic waist pants - you'll need it.

I just couldn't imagine ordering more than one of anything in the supper club except maybe skipping salad and having two appetizers.

Portions are HUGE and I have never been able to finish all of anything (ok except my Lobster Bisque which is heaven on earth)

You'll see after you go once, it's excellent and no one will leave hungry.

Oh the wasabii mashed potatoes are just fab too.

Happy eating!!!

Carole

Insert my usual speech about "worth" being too subjective to debate.

You won't need extras. Just have everyone order something different and everyone can have a taste.

I've only been to the Supper Club on Glory, and while it was a great meal, it isn't a "must do" for me.

I think I get excellent meals in the dining room and would just prefer to spend my money exploring the ports rather than stuffing myself even more than I normally do on a cruise. :o

My wife and I ate across the table last week on the Valor so we had a chance to try different things. I am a big eater and if you can consume everything from all the courses you may be the first. We loved it so much we went twice last week and I was whipped by the porterhouse both times. I thought I was so prepared ate lunch very early that day and didn't snack or anything leading up til the dinner but still wobbled away defeated but it was the best steak I ever had. They asked if we wanted a doggie bag but we both couldn't imagine eating a cold steak. Also it is a good idea to reserve early as our 2nd trip that week we were put on a waiting list as they were booked full luckily someone canceled.

An extra entree will cost you another $30. People have claimed success in trying to get another starter/side dish, as well as some being told no. I guess it all depends who and how you ask.

As someone who likes to eat, though, I walked out stuffed, and even skipped breakfast the next day. I don't think you will need to worry about quantity.

I just couldn't imagine ordering more than one of anything in the supper club except maybe skipping salad and having two appetizers.

Carole

That's what I did. It was too hard for me to decide on just one appetizer.

I agree with what others here have posted. You won't BELIEVE how HUGE the portions are. (I asked this very question before DH and I first visited the supper club. He's 'two-steak' man on cruises, but even he could hardly finish the 24 oz. porterhouse.)

Have fun!:)

Well the last time I ate in the supper club on the Conquest I ordered the surf and turf, half a lobster and a smaller filet. I would just get the steak next time as it was one of the best steaks I have ever eaten in my life!

the lobster was just lobster ok but a little over cooked....nothing special

the desert was heavenly....i forget what it was called a trio of chocolate things.

I was stuffed to the gills didn't need to order seconds at all.

I think the portions are smaller than most plates you get in chain restaurants. The latter serve up rediculously large portions usually and I rarely manage desert at those places. In the Supper Clubs, yes, it's a lot of food but I make it through all courses just fine. I am 6ft and 165 so not a big guy by any means.

And yes, as I said above, I am one of those that 'claim' to have gotten multiple appetizers. I promise I'm not fibbing ;). My requests are usually greeted with 'of course, no problem.' But I also agree that many have reported that they have been denied.

On my last two cruises I have eaten in the Supper Clubs four times each cruise. I can't get enough.

Archived