Roberts Airport Shuttle to Hotel - word to the wise

t501tx

The Roberts airport shuttle is a great value, but had we known we would be on the shuttle for almost 2 hours we would have taken a taxi instead.

There are a couple things to consider;

Know where your hotel is on the route...if its one of the first few hotels on the strip use the shuttle regardless.

If you are far down on Waikiki then count the number of people waiting and divide by 3...that should tell you roughly the number of stops there will be.

Each hotel stop can take 5 to 15 minutes depending upon traffic, stoplights and the hotel location.

You go around almost each block one at a time and each block downtown has a stoplight at each corner.

I heard the same story from people who arrived early afternoon and from people who arrived late in the evening. It can take forever and after a long flight you just want to get to your hotel.

• Administrators

Great advice! It's been reported here before but not recently, and I'd add that it's not just Robert's (though their price for this service is the cheapest). We were really lucky with our airport transfer that our hotel was one of the first stops coming from the airport. If I were staying toward the other end of Waikiki I'd recommend a cab or a limo service (there are several which get good reports here).

Thanks for the advice. I have not even thought about the transportation yet or where the hotel is from the airport. We are staying at the Outrigger on the Reef- I think I will spend some time on google earth tonight :D

We always use Roberts and always stay at the Hale Koa. (Hale Koa is right next to HHV and right at the West end of Waikiki). We have been second drop-off (after HHV), and we have been next to last! Just depends on who is going where. We have found this to be true all 9 times we have been there!

I think it's great to make sure people know this. Thankfully, (due to TA) we were prepared for a long ride (and happily surprised that it only took about an hour) and enjoyed the "scenic tour". ;)

That is the exact reason I chose ABC Limo to meet us at the airport 2 weeks ago. After our long flight, I didn't want to wait another hour or more to get to our hotel. We did use Roberts after our cruise ended to take us to the airport, they were great and right on time. He dropped us off right where we needed to be and had the luggage all arranged by stops.

That is the exact reason I chose ABC Limo to meet us at the airport 2 weeks ago. After our long flight, I didn't want to wait another hour or more to get to our hotel. We did use Roberts after our cruise ended to take us to the airport, they were great and right on time. He dropped us off right where we needed to be and had the luggage all arranged by stops.

How much was ABC Limo?

The Roberts airport shuttle is a great value, but had we known we would be on the shuttle for almost 2 hours we would have taken a taxi instead.

There are a couple things to consider;

Know where your hotel is on the route...if its one of the first few hotels on the strip use the shuttle regardless.

If you are far down on Waikiki then count the number of people waiting and divide by 3...that should tell you roughly the number of stops there will be.

Each hotel stop can take 5 to 15 minutes depending upon traffic, stoplights and the hotel location.

You go around almost each block one at a time and each block downtown has a stoplight at each corner.

I heard the same story from people who arrived early afternoon and from people who arrived late in the evening. It can take forever and after a long flight you just want to get to your hotel.

We are booked at the Outrigger Waikiki. Where is that on the strip in relation to the order of the shuttle stops?

The number of stops depends on the amount of hotels that people on the bus need to be dropped off at.

Looking at the map, on our shuttle that day you would have maybe been a stop or two before us. An hour or so on the shuttle.

We are booked at the Outrigger Waikiki. Where is that on the strip in relation to the order of the shuttle stops?

HHV can be either--depends on where other people are going and where their hotels are located. As stated, Hale Koa is next door, and we have been both next to last, and second stop. More times than not, HHV has been first but just never know!

You can walk to International MarketPlace (if that is your question). Can't walk to Iolani Palace, but buses are just across the street, and you can go almost anyplace on the island of Oahu on The Bus!

Have fun--wish I was going to be there when you are, but our time is January!

Perhaps I am just crazy but Mom and I loved our hour long stop and go shuttle to our hotel in Hawaii. We just loved talking and visiting with everyone else on the shuttle. The time flew by. I guess we are just social animals. :D

Archived