Suite Selection Question for Coral Princess Experts

PLHag

My goal is to get the largest balcony with the most sun exposure possible. I have a choice between the PH suites on Caribe deck (C702 or C704) and the ones located on Dolphin deck (D422 or D423). I have scoured the boards and am totally confused on the Coral's bumpout sections. I am inclined to opt for C704, but only if the balcony is as deep as the balcony would be if I opted for the Dolphin deck option. Silly, I know, but I love how the elevator lady says "Caribe" - it always sounds better than "Dolphin"!;)

Any advice or guidance in this regard is very much appreciated.

My goal is to get the largest balcony with the most sun exposure possible. I have a choice between the PH suites on Caribe deck (C702 or C704) and the ones located on Dolphin deck (D422 or D423). I have scoured the boards and am totally confused on the Coral's bumpout sections. I am inclined to opt for C704, but only if the balcony is as deep as the balcony would be if I opted for the Dolphin deck option. Silly, I know, but I love how the elevator lady says "Caribe" - it always sounds better than "Dolphin"!;)

We had C-702, I don't think the bumpout effects those cabins towards the rear.

We had the large covered balcony with a door off the living room and a door off the bedroom. The balcony is long not deep. As far as sun it depends on which direction you are going. :)

The PS suites on Caribe & Dolphin are partially covered, the VS on Dolphin are totally covered. Not sure if the balcony sizes are any different, though. They seem to measure the same when I look at the deck plan (not a guarantee, though).

Check out this link: http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

BTW, the suites on Coral (and Island) are only VS and PS categories (no PH).

I personally prefer aft cabins (nice & quiet back there, plus easy access to the aft open deck for viewing or relaxing on the loungers), but you may like mid-ship location (less walking?).

The PS suites on Caribe & Dolphin are partially covered, the VS on Dolphin are totally covered. Not sure if the balcony sizes are any different, though. They seem to measure the same when I look at the deck plan (not a guarantee, though). Check out this link: http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

BTW, the suites on Coral (and Island) are only VS and PS categories (no PH).

I personally prefer aft cabins (nice & quiet back there, plus easy access to the aft open deck for viewing or relaxing on the loungers), but you may like mid-ship location (less walking?).

Thank you for your response(s). The sailing is in 2 weeks - the only category available is PS (I mistakenly indicated PH). We don't mind the walking - in fact, b/c the masses tend to congregate and go up & down midship, I think we'd prefer to be toward the back. As far as I could tell, the layouts of the rooms seemed identical - I just really want the most sun exposure possible. Thanks again; you are all very helpful to my decision making process.

Thank you for your response(s). The sailing is in 2 weeks - the only category available is PS (I mistakenly indicated PH). We don't mind the walking - in fact, b/c the masses tend to congregate and go up & down midship, I think we'd prefer to be toward the back. As far as I could tell, the layouts of the rooms seemed identical - I just really want the most sun exposure possible. Thanks again; you are all very helpful to my decision making process.

You will have these great aft decks available, I have fallen asleep many times on the back of Caribe deck on those loungers!!!! :D

photo-e.jpg

Don't be too disappointed in the size of the balconies. They are as wide as other ships but probably half as deep. We were in C704 in February on The Island and when we had the Ultimate Balcony Dinner we had to have the card table turned diagonally as there was not enough room to slide a chair out against the railing and the sliding doors to the cabin.

We did like C704 as it was the most aft suite on the port side and was just steps to the rear observation deck.

Mike:)

Renee I forgot about the partial cover, thanks. ;)

Welcome, Keith! ;)

I always notice when someone asks about sun -- since I'm always trying to avoid it! LOL I burn too easily & my eyes are sensitive. I just love that site about the Coral & Island balconies...it's so helpful to see exactly what you are getting.

To the OP -- Glad the info was helpful. Enjoy your cruise! You will LOVE the aft, it's the best! :D

Don't be too disappointed in the size of the balconies. They are as wide as other ships but probably half as deep. We were in C704 in February on The Island and when we had the Ultimate Balcony Dinner we had to have the card table turned diagonally as there was not enough room to slide a chair out against the railing and the sliding doors to the cabin. We did like C704 as it was the most aft suite on the port side and was just steps to the rear observation deck. Mike:)
Great information. I had no idea that back area existed (thanks for the photo Keith). We were on the Coral once, but it was a 2-nighter, and I don't think we strayed too far from Crooners (LOL). I think I'll stick with my original selection of C704.

Archived