spring break april 2010, family question

I asked this in the family section, but please help. I am looking to go with my DD, who will be 5 for 2010 spring break, March 26-April 6th. Were there any children on your cruises around Australia???? Spring break varies, according to Easter. This year it was 4/9-4/19. Last year it was a week later in April.

Thanks.

Perhaps you could check your Roll Call to see if others on your sail date are travelling with children. There will certainly be some children onboard; spring break dates vary here so much these dates it is hard to pinpoint the peak.

Lucky you going on a cruise "Down Under"! In Australia summer vacation period for schools is Dec-Jan.

Kathy:)

Do you have a specific cruise in mind, or just in general?

If not, we don't have as many cruises as the US and the season's winding down then. If it coincides with our school holidays then there will be children but, if not, there's less likelihood.

If it coincides with our school holidays then there will be children but, if not, there's less likelihood.
The relevant New South Wales school holiday in 2010 is Friday 2 April to Monday 19 April (inclusive, I think). Easter is Sunday 4 April.

It is not unusual for parents to pull their children out of school for an extra week either side of the Easter school holidays, so there would be some children on your cruise.

In addition, private school children have a longer vacation at Easter.

March/April should be a lovely time to cruise.

Do remember that you will have a very long journey for a relatively short stay. I usually tell folks from the eastern US that 3 weeks is a good minimum for this trip to have enough time to deal with Jet Lag (both ways). Sleep deprivation can ruin a wonderful trip.

Archived