Cabin question

"Stateroom has third Pullman bed available." What is a third Pullman bed? Will we still have our normal queen bed? Can you tell that I've only cruised once and that was six years ago!!! We are going to be in cabin 8712 (back of ship) on the IOS for the 01/17/10 sailing.

"Stateroom has third Pullman bed available." What is a third Pullman bed? Will we still have our normal queen bed? Can you tell that I've only cruised once and that was six years ago!!! We are going to be in cabin 8712 (back of ship) on the IOS for the 01/17/10 sailing.

Yes, you still will have the normal queen bed (two twin beds pushed together technically). The pullman is an extra bed to accommodate a third person. If it is just two of you, the pullman bed remains attached to the ceiling and you will hardly notice it.

Hello,

we are cruising on rhapsody in Sept this year and will be making use of the Pullman bed in our cabin, an ocean view stateroom on deck 4 #4034 I believe. I was wondering if anyone would have a picture of the setup in one of these rooms as well?? as I am now getting a little concerned as the MIL is sleeping on that one :eek::eek:

Cheers

David

Hello,

we are cruising on rhapsody in Sept this year and will be making use of the Pullman bed in our cabin, an ocean view stateroom on deck 4 #4034 I believe. I was wondering if anyone would have a picture of the setup in one of these rooms as well?? as I am now getting a little concerned as the MIL is sleeping on that one :eek::eek:

Cheers

David

Here is my shot of an inside cabin on Rhapsody... I think it was deck 4 we were on!...

158797170eZhmCC_th.jpg

and here...

158797276QclfIt_th.jpg

You might want to reconsider who gets the top bunk!!! :o

Good Luck!

A~

Odd place for a pullman. Don't think that I would like that at all.:eek:

That's pretty much the only place to put it in a balcony room - you "lose" a whole wall with access to the balcony.... you can't put it on the wall at the foot of the bed because then you can't walk around the bed to the balcony...

Hey Alexis!:)

Odd place for a pullman. Don't think that I would like that at all.:eek:

With my luck the person in the Pullman would sleep walk.

How was the cruise and the MTD?

Pull no punches, I have sailed her before. :D

With my luck the person in the Pullman would sleep walk.

How was the cruise and the MTD?

Pull no punches, I have sailed her before. :D

Loved the ship and itinerary. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Crew was great with the exception of the dining room staff that we encounterd. When we went to sign up for MTD we encountered Ms. Attitude. She basically told us that we were expected to make either a standing reservation for the week or make a reservation each night for the next. I told them that this was not the way that it worked on the Freedom. We were never once asked to make a reservation for the next night. I never know when I want to dine and that is why I want to use MTD. Ms. Attitude explained that they only had 78 seats set aside for MTD. I told her that what she wanted us to do was not MTD but RCI's Time Dining. She did not like that.

We went to the dining once the entire cruise and that was the first sea day. We encountered the same basic attitude from our waiter and did not return to the dining room for the remainder of the cruise. We used the in suite dining for five out of seven nights and the remaining two evenings were spent in the Windjammer. I'm sure that this attitude in the dining room was not across the board. We just happened to get the lemons!!!!!:)

Loved the ship and itinerary. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Crew was great with the exception of the dining room staff that we encounterd. When we went to sign up for MTD we encountered Ms. Attitude. She basically told us that we were expected to make either a standing reservation for the week or make a reservation each night for the next. I told them that this was not the way that it worked on the Freedom. We were never once asked to make a reservation for the next night. I never know when I want to dine and that is why I want to use MTD. Ms. Attitude explained that they only had 78 seats set aside for MTD. I told her that what she wanted us to do was not MTD but RCI's Time Dining. She did not like that.

We went to the dining once the entire cruise and that was the first sea day. We encountered the same basic attitude from our waiter and did not return to the dining room for the remainder of the cruise. We used the in suite dining for five out of seven nights and the remaining two evenings were spent in the Windjammer. I'm sure that this attitude in the dining room was not across the board. We just happened to get the lemons!!!!!:)

That is not the way I understood it to work either. And of course I have already paid my tips too.

How am I to know if I will want to eat maybe 15 minutes later the next night, or not at all?

Do you know if you would have the same waiter every night too? Or do you mean he just gave you the attidude that you knew you would not go back to him either?

EDIT: I forgot to ask which itinerary you did of the two of them?

Did you take any tours?

I gave up on tours years ago, (did them all back then) but was thinking of doing some maybe on these cruises.

PS: Say "Hi" to Janet. ;)

That is not the way I understood it to work either. And of course I have already paid my tips too.

How am I to know if I will want to eat maybe 15 minutes later the next night, or not at all?

Do you know if you would have the same waiter every night too? Or do you mean he just gave you the attidude that you knew you would not go back to him either?

The waiter that we had for lunch would not have been the one for dinner as it was open seating for everyone. We will give MTD another go on the Oasis in January and see how it works. I sent an email to RCI asking them to get the program consistent across the fleet.

EDIT: I forgot to ask which itinerary you did of the two of them?

Did you take any tours?

We took a tour in Aruba which was the See and Sea tour. Enjoyed it. In Curacao, we took the Discover Curacao. It was nice but the caves that we visited were HOT!!!! In St. Thomas we decided to take the St. John tour. It had been a few years since I had been to St. John. That was a nice tour. In St. Maarten, we just took a taxi to Maho beach to watch the planes land and have lunch at Sunset.

I gave up on tours years ago, (did them all back then) but was thinking of doing some maybe on these cruises.

PS: Say "Hi" to Janet. ;)

Will do.:)

Will do.:)

Thanks.

I think I would like the Maho Beach thing. We were probably one of those planes when we spend a week on St. Maarten in 1982. At that time you took off between two mountains. I have no idea if they still do that now?It was my very first airplane flights and something I will never forget. :eek: I almost ripped my husbands arm off on takeoff. Both times. :o

I think the St. Johns sounds good too. We have never done St johns in all of our many times to St. Thomas. In fact this will be our first time to St. Croix on the other week. I am anxious to see that too.

Aruba we always go down to the hotel where we used to vacation on the bus and see if they have done anything down that way. Then I shop for my favorite things in town.

Same with Curacao. I love to shop there for my Blue and Gold French Limoges I collect. It is one of the only places I can still get it. I am "allowed" to bring home 1 piece by orders of my other half as I have almost 300 pieces of it now. :rolleyes: And these are not those little boxes.

Thanks for the tips. I appreciate your input. ;)

happy to help!

Does it change any plans?

A~

No not at this stage .... We may seek an upgrade at the pier but after looking at the picture of the balcony cabin I am not too sure now ....:D We are just happy to be cruising so as long as we are no in a lifeboat behind the ship I will be happy to be there :D

Cheers

David

No not at this stage .... We may seek an upgrade at the pier but after looking at the picture of the balcony cabin I am not too sure now ....:D We are just happy to be cruising so as long as we are no in a lifeboat behind the ship I will be happy to be there :D

Cheers

David

Very good then! Have a wonderful trip!

A~

Archived