All things "Victory"

richbum

Great pics and thanks for the compiled list of tours for each port. Heading back Jan 30 2011 and trying to talk myself into taking different tour guides than my last trip, hard to do since mine were so great this year:)

Thinking Papa bear for St. Thomas

Already signed up with Calebaza for Barbados. I do love those catamarans and want to try a 12 person.

Loved Bumpiing but want something different. Has anyone done the Antours rafting?

Cosal great but might try another of the operators if I can get someone with a big enough group since I'm travelling solo, Herods sounds really interesting but pretty sure he will require a group to sign up, not that I can lose if I go with Cosal again. May go with Spencers if it works out.

Hard to change when the operators are so great but may not be able to do this itinerary again anytime soon. Here is hoping the drought is over next trip. I can't even imagine how beautiful things will be then. It hadn't rained for three months on my last tour and still green and beautiful but a bit of a haze most of my pics. So glad everyone else does such great shots.

Thanks for keeping the thread alive:D I always enjoy this one

Great pics and thanks for the compiled list of tours for each port. Heading back Jan 30 2011 and trying to talk myself into taking different tour guides than my last trip, hard to do since mine were so great this year:)

Thinking Papa bear for St. Thomas

Already signed up with Calebaza for Barbados. I do love those catamarans and want to try a 12 person.

Loved Bumpiing but want something different. Has anyone done the Antours rafting?

Cosal great but might try another of the operators if I can get someone with a big enough group since I'm travelling solo, Herods sounds really interesting but pretty sure he will require a group to sign up, not that I can lose if I go with Cosal again. May go with Spencers if it works out.

Hard to change when the operators are so great but may not be able to do this itinerary again anytime soon. Here is hoping the drought is over next trip. I can't even imagine how beautiful things will be then. It hadn't rained for three months on my last tour and still green and beautiful but a bit of a haze most of my pics. So glad everyone else does such great shots.

Thanks for keeping the thread alive:D I always enjoy this one

Yes, we did the River Tubing with Antours and loved it! If you require more information about this--just let me know. I have written a detailed review with photos as well as put together a YouTube video of our excursion with Antours.

I'm cruising solo in November. I'm looking for tour recommendations for St. Martin and St. Kitts for 1/2 day island/beach tours with minimal shopping. Trying to find tours who are the most solo-friendly. I'd like to be put with a group but not be the lone stranger attached to a large party. I generally do the Carnival excursions but for these islands, nothing fits what I want and I'd like a little more freedom to customize my tour.

OK-Food question: Trying to figure out our options thru the week...Please correct me on the wrong stuff and add anything I've missed.

MDR open for breakfast and dinner, not lunch because there are no sea days.

Other options include: Limited room services, Buffet, Pizza, sandwich shop, 2 grills on the Lido for burgers, hot dogs, fries hopefully??, coffee shop with desserts (and extra cost), ice cream machines...

What's available 24 hrs?

Free Drinks-ice water, lemonade, some juices, milk...do we go to the buffet area to get these, or can we get them at the bar, too?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Momto2PrncChrmgs

OK-Food question: Trying to figure out our options thru the week...Please correct me on the wrong stuff and add anything I've missed.

Other options include: Limited room services, Buffet, Pizza, sandwich shop, 2 grills on the Lido for burgers, hot dogs, fries hopefully??, coffee shop with desserts (and extra cost), ice cream machines...

What's available 24 hrs?

Free Drinks-ice water, lemonade, some juices, milk...do we go to the buffet area to get these, or can we get them at the bar, too?

Room service is available 24 hours, as well as the ice cream and pizza. All the free drinks are available at the buffet or through room service. I think anything you get at the bar will cost you. Also, tea, coffee, iced tea, hot chocolate and chocolate milk are free.

What's available 24 hrs?

Room service is really good- they have am card you hang on door night before, otherwise open the binder on little coffee table and compile order -be really clear on number of each item, including jelly,butter never assume they include it in order. The sandwich option and brownies,cookies make for great snacks. I really like the tuna salad on english muffin.

I also bring ziplocs for the dessert type items- you can't always finish, and who wants to call just for cookie or brownie. Tip accordingly- $1-3 depending on order size IMO.

Just minor add ons-

Beverages:

am:

machines in lido area also have coffe and one area which is more near elevators side has a hot chocolate machine 24hrs. (pretty good too!) especially watching a movie under the stars, all am machines have OJ,apple juice (most of them), and a strange OJ concotion of oj,guava or something- waiters really like to offer it and think it is great-been compared to Tang.

lat morning on :

After breakfast fountain changes to ice tea,lemonade-sometimes can find a dispenser with OJ,apple juice>it just doens't have a label. If you need artificial sweetener there are pink/blue packets and sometimes splenda-but it is always around for asking. IF you use own large insulated cup with lid- be kind -fill in Carnical cup and pour into your container.(Yes, I used to work in a health dept)

pizza area- have also calzones and a great caesar salad.

grill- besides burgers.hot dogs have chicken breasts and I think if asked (never have done) philly cheese meat? They DO have greast fries and toppings of onion,mushroom, and have seen in afternoon chips (really good ones) and salsa

watch capers too for afternoon speacials like chips/salsa & sundae bar- they put out toppings for ice cream at grill area.

ice cream- there usually are 4 stations with machines but not all machines seem to be on at once. Watch for ice cream vs. frozen yogurt signs. vanilla, chocolate and swirl option. Some days they throw in strawberry.

Mexican buffet- a one time only meican buffet (I think it will be Wed for Victory itinerary) -great spread worth going to-bring camera)

sushi-cart in evening 5pm ish- free

promenade shop- cakes/cookies,shakes?

Room service is really good- they have am card you hang on door night before, otherwise open the binder on little coffee table and compile order -be really clear on number of each item, including jelly,butter never assume they include it in order. The sandwich option and brownies,cookies make for great snacks. I really like the tuna salad on english muffin.

I also bring ziplocs for the dessert type items- you can't always finish, and who wants to call just for cookie or brownie. Tip accordingly- $1-3 depending on order size IMO.

Just minor add ons-

Beverages:

am:

machines in lido area also have coffe and one area which is more near elevators side has a hot chocolate machine 24hrs. (pretty good too!) especially watching a movie under the stars, all am machines have OJ,apple juice (most of them), and a strange OJ concotion of oj,guava or something- waiters really like to offer it and think it is great-been compared to Tang.

lat morning on :

After breakfast fountain changes to ice tea,lemonade-sometimes can find a dispenser with OJ,apple juice>it just doens't have a label. If you need artificial sweetener there are pink/blue packets and sometimes splenda-but it is always around for asking. IF you use own large insulated cup with lid- be kind -fill in Carnical cup and pour into your container.(Yes, I used to work in a health dept)

pizza area- have also calzones and a great caesar salad.

grill- besides burgers.hot dogs have chicken breasts and I think if asked (never have done) philly cheese meat? They DO have greast fries and toppings of onion,mushroom, and have seen in afternoon chips (really good ones) and salsa

watch capers too for afternoon speacials like chips/salsa & sundae bar- they put out toppings for ice cream at grill area.

ice cream- there usually are 4 stations with machines but not all machines seem to be on at once. Watch for ice cream vs. frozen yogurt signs. vanilla, chocolate and swirl option. Some days they throw in strawberry.

Mexican buffet- a one time only meican buffet (I think it will be Wed for Victory itinerary) -great spread worth going to-bring camera)

sushi-cart in evening 5pm ish- free

promenade shop- cakes/cookies,shakes?

Thanks for all that info! You are an amazing wealth of knowledge!!

Do you know how late the grills, buffett or pizza place stay open?

The Breakfast Buffet

7:30 am - 10:30 am in the Mediterranean Restaurant

7:30 am - 11:00 am by the Main Pool

Lunch

East River Deli is opened from 11:00 am - 11:00 pm

The Buffet Lunch in the Mediterranean Restaurant is opened from 12:00 pm - 3:30 pm

Yangtze Wok is opened from 12:00 pm - 3:30 pm

Mississippi Grill (Hot Dogs, Burgers, Fries) is opened from 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm

"Taste of Nations" Lunch is available from 12:00 pm -3:30 pm, portside Lido

Dinner

Casual Alternative Dining in the Mediterranean Restaurant from 6:00 - 9:30 pm

Late Night Bistro

11:30 pm - 1:00 am at the Mississippi Grill

Pizza and Ice-Cream is available 24 hours a day!

Thanks for all that info! You are an amazing wealth of knowledge!!

thanks- see you on roll call

I see another poster I have also gained helpful info helped answer the how late open question.

Edited by Buffettfan 225

I made it through page 40 and have 7 pages of notes, can't wait for this cruise. AND a 9C opened up last night and I snagged it, I don't care if it is more, I've wanted a wrap balcony since we started cruising in 2001 and now we have it! :D

Thanks for all the pictures and suggestions, we have been on Victory before back in 2007 I think so the ship will be familar but everything is way out of our experience. Wonder do people ever fall down drunky at muster so late?? :)

I made it through page 40 and have 7 pages of notes, can't wait for this cruise. AND a 9C opened up last night and I snagged it, I don't care if it is more, I've wanted a wrap balcony since we started cruising in 2001 and now we have it! :D

Thanks for all the pictures and suggestions, we have been on Victory before back in 2007 I think so the ship will be familar but everything is way out of our experience. Wonder do people ever fall down drunky at muster so late?? :)

Congrats on wrap balcony. We sail Victory July-- "if" I can get to one on embarkation or so I can try for photos--the cabin #?

Thank you...its a bit close to dinner still hope im still hungry at that hour.

It is worth a look see, and photo opportunity- had great flan, tiramisu lots of creations last time we attended---

I just ate less, or perhaps that is the night we decided to do lido buffet early for dinner instead (since we had late dinner too). An April 2010 copy of the Carnival "Fun Times" (I still think of them as Carnival Capers) listed the Mexican buffet on Wednesday night which would be after day in Barbados.

Enjoy your prize! You will not regret it, and won't be able to go back, but now you'll have to be like the rest of us and book over a year out to get those cabins. :o

We had 6461 last month, and it was wonderful. The sailaways were beautiful!

We sail Victory July-- "if" I can get to one on embarkation or so I can try for photos--the cabin #?
Oh, that would be great, cabin number is 7425.

You will not regret it, and won't be able to go back
Yeah, I am afraid of that! :) Glad to hear it, DH was a little hesitant but we do use the balcony every evening for sail away.

Yeah, I am afraid of that! :) Glad to hear it, DH was a little hesitant but we do use the balcony every evening for sail away.

I was in the cabin next to that on the side with the large extended balcony lst month....the people who had that cabin NEVER went out on the balcony. :eek:

We got off Victory on Sunday. Our cabin was 7425 - I have pictures of the ship, cabin, ports, etc here. We spent TONS of time on the balcony. The neighbors above and below were never seen on theirs. Different strokes for different folks. We love balcony time.

Liked the ship, enjoyed the ports although we prefer cruises with some sea days, had a wonderful time even though I broke my thumb the first day we were in San Juan :o and are happy with the new daughter we got on the first day of the cruise. :)

Thank you so much for all the pictures! I looked at all 8xx of them. The shots of your DH out on the balcony having coffee are killing me. I can't wait to go. I like how you put your pictures for each day leaving the ship before the tour photos.

Tell me about shots 625 and 626, was that for a special occaision? Something new? Hopefully it was for you and not the new bride.

Have you done a review? How was the Segway tour? Hope that is not how you broke your thumb. We are thinking about it but worried about standing that long, do your knees lock up?

Thank you so much for all the pictures! I looked at all 800+ of them. The shots of your DH out on the balcony having coffee are killing me. I can't wait to go. I like how you put your pictures for each day leaving the ship before the tour photos.

Tell me about shots 625 and 626, was that for a special occasion? Something new? Hopefully it was for you and not the new bride.

Have you done a review? How was the Segway tour? Hope that is not how you broke your thumb. We are thinking about it but worried about standing that long, do your knees lock up?

My husband bought me new rings in St. Kitts. Since we bought them on sale in December 1977 he's been telling me the small diamond solitaire in my wedding set would grow...a friend looked at the new rings and remarked that the diamond has grown up and had babies. :D

I am trying to get the review written but it will be a few days yet before I have it finished.

We were on the Segway Tour when I fell and broke my thumb but the Segway was not responsible for the thumb. That tour, by the way, was AWESOME and I would recommend it to anyone. And if I had a spare 7000 bucks I would buy a Segway. WHAT FUN it was to ride! It was a breeze to ride, knees and legs were no problem (you do better with the knee slightly bent) and took only minutes to learn to maneuver.

My husband bought me new rings in St. Kitts. Since we bought them on sale in December 1977 he's been telling me the small diamond solitaire in my wedding set would grow...a friend looked at the new rings and remarked that the diamond has grown up and had babies. :D

I am trying to get the review written but it will be a few days yet before I have it finished.

We were on the Segway Tour when I fell and broke my thumb but the Segway was not responsible for the thumb. That tour, by the way, was AWESOME and I would recommend it to anyone. And if I had a spare 7000 bucks I would buy a Segway. WHAT FUN it was to ride! It was a breeze to ride, knees and legs were no problem (you do better with the knee slightly bent) and took only minutes to learn to maneuver.

Kathy,

Can you tell me exactly how you broke your thumb? We will be traveling to San Juan in July and the Segway tour was one of our choices. However after reading your post we have a few individuals that want to chicken out.